No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    octofinger wrote: »
    Daniel Craig Interview With Morning MAGIC today (August 15th)
    http://magic1067.com/episodes/mmp-daniel-craig-interview-morning-magic/

The complete quote is something like this: "I haven't, I'd hate to [inaudible], no decision has been made at the moment, there's a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed and I'm not holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It's just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment. I'm not. I know they're desperate to get going and I would in theory love to do it, but there is no decision just yet."

Ah, bugger it. Sod everyone involved. I take no pleasure in saying it, because I'm a huge fan of Craig's Bond. But I'm rapidly losing interest in the entire thing.

I really don't care if we get Craig or someone new bond will continue with or without Craig

I am starting to wonder if EON are even aware of this.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    MrBond wrote: »
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.

Oh no! That's got EON quaking in their boots I bet, that a couple of nobody's on a message board are spitting their dummies out because they're not getting news about Bond 25 quick enough!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    giphy.webp
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Craig doesn't confirm anything because it will all be made in due time. EON and MGM knows what they are doing. They are drumming up interest. That's also why they announced the date of release and nothing else. They want to squeeze it. Whether you like it or not everything will be made official soon enough.

If you think this is good PR you are very much mistaken. The very few people I know that are actually taking any interest in it, are seriously annoyed now.
    Agreed on that front. This is certainly not good marketing. Holdup can be anywhere. Distributor, EON, Craig, MGM.

If I was to guess, I'd say MGM. Those f#%ers find a way to mess it up normally.
  • While Bond fans follow every turn of the screw on these things, Joe and Jane Average don't. They'll focus when there's a movie, or at least a cast, to focus on.
    bondjames wrote: »

Agreed on that front. This is certainly not good marketing. Holdup can be anywhere. Distributor, EON, Craig, MGM.

Well there's an official release date. Perhaps they could make something up to keep you all happy.....
    While Bond fans follow every turn of the screw on these things, Joe and Jane Average don't. They'll focus when there's a movie, or at least a cast, to focus on.
    That's certainly true, but there is an element of buzz to the whole thing that is somewhat ruined by the dog and pony show. If he's confirmed, it really won't be a big deal in the end because everyone would have been reading these articles over the last six months. If there had been no leaks or rumours on the other hand (like there curiously hasn't been regarding the distributor), then when the announcement is finally made, it would have far more effect on Joe B(ang).
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Maybe Logan Lucky is Bond 25. It's a (bombe) surprise!

Well there's an official release date. Perhaps they could make something up to keep you all happy.....
    I couldn't give a toss either way. It'll be announced when it is announced. Just playing along to get this thread to 1000 pages.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

I couldn't give a toss either way. It'll be announced when it is announced. Just playing along to get this thread to 1000 pages.

Same here we are close getting very close to 1,000 I can't imagine what it will get to once they start filming probably 3,000 pages

A thousand pages of nothing! :))
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619
    All I know is that if they are starting a new era now, without Christopher Nolan, then I am DONE with the franchise as long as Barbara Broccoli is the producer.
    EON must have pressed Purvis and Wade massively (financially?) to come up with one hell of a story.
    LOL
  • RC7RC7
    All I know is that if they are starting a new era now, without Christopher Nolan, then I am DONE with the franchise as long as Barbara Broccoli is the producer.

Spoken like a true Bond fan.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited August 2017 Posts: 7,314
    So he can't yet officially say that he's back yet, but he's back. I wonder for how long he'll have to keep putting on this little charade?
    This is a very dramatic statement. Are you sure you want to be so bold? They may surprise you.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    EON must have pressed Purvis and Wade massively (financially?) to come up with one hell of a story.
    LOL

Seconded.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    This is a very dramatic statement. Are you sure you want to be so bold? They may surprise you.

I think he was just joking
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I think he was just joking
    I don't know. Panchito has made some bold promises before.
    You would be happy for P and W to kick off another era?
    RC7 wrote: »

That's a shame for them.

Do you really think this back and forth really is exciting to anyone?
    No, but I'll live with it. Eventually they'll be gone.

After all, I dreaded the fact that they were on the job for CR but it turned out ok.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,619

Spoken like a true Bond fan.
    I will be very angry if I won't see a Bond movie written and directed by Nolan in my lifetime, because 1. Nolan is a great director 2. he is exceptionally suited to direct a Bond film 3. he loves the Bond franchise 4. he very much wants to direct a Bond film. Pretty much never in the history of cinema has a director as great as Nolan wanted to direct a Bond film as much as he does.

We do know that Nolan would prefer to do his own thing instead of continuing what someone else started. For Barbara Broccoli & co. to cast a new actor and start a new era without hiring Nolan first would be criminal.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 3,000

I really hope we have a new Bond for B25.

A thousand pages of nothing! :))

This is the Seinfeld of threads.

After all, I dreaded the fact that they were on the job for CR but it turned out ok.

They needed Campbell and Fleming to salvage their script into something passable. I suppose if Campbell returns and they adapt a long lost Fleming novel then I could live with it.

They needed Campbell and Fleming to salvage their script into something passable. I suppose if Campbell returns and they adapt a long lost Fleming novel then I could live with it.
    I think it may have been Haggis and Campbell.

Even though I dislike it immensely, I think TWINE (P&W's claim to fame and debut) could have turned out much better with a competent director and a script finesse. That's really what was missing imho. Oh, and a better cast.
  • RC7RC7

That's a shame for them.

The back and forth is a fan/press invention, if you can disconnect for a second you'll notice you have a release date and you're awaiting news of cast and crew. I don't know how many times I have to say it - we aren't entitled to this information.

The most depressing thing about all this is the rise of a new breed of Bond fan. One that resembles the sort of bleating pre-pubescent Whovians or Trekkies who act like spoilt kids. We're Bond fans. Stiff upper lip. Put up and shut up. We have a duty not to join the ranks of these whining fuckers.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I wish everybody would just get on with it... and while I'd definitely enjoy to see Craig return, I think the fact he is seen as indispensable is unfortunate. Between that and his co-producer clout, he has too much power.

I yearn for a return to a film every two years! C'mon fellas, we don't have all the time in the world! :(
    I'd be okay with every three years if the story was worth it. This four-year average sucks.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

That's a shame for them.

The back and forth is a fan/press invention, if you can disconnect for a second you'll notice you have a release date and you're awaiting news of cast and crew. I don't know how many times I have to say it - we aren't entitled to this information.

The most depressing thing about all this is the rise of a new breed of Bond fan. One that resembles the sort of bleating pre-pubescent Whovians or Trekkies who act like spoilt kids. We're Bond fans. Stiff upper lip. Put up and shut up. We have a duty not to join the ranks of these whining fuckers.

Hear hear
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited August 2017 Posts: 1,756
    Maybe Craig is waiting on the Bond girl to be cast... ;)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Maybe Craig is waiting on the Bond girl to be cast... ;)
    He should look right next to him. He has a lady for a Bond Girl other men dream to have.