No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I prefer SP actually
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Clearly my words mean nothing with regards to keeping this thread on topic.
    Oh dear - Bond 25?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    There's nothing new to talk about as of yet though.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 1,965
    Back to on topic.

Here's a question. Would you rather Bond 25 come out in 2018 but with Mendes directing again or Bond 25 in 2019 with any director?

I am a no patients kind of guy so I say the former
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Then don't say anything! Post on the other threads!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Then don't say anything! Post on the other threads!
    Spot on.
  • Like Dave Bautista's post. He could come back as well, we never saw him die, apart from the barrells around his neck and out of the train. Have him break Blofeld out of Belmarsh, one hell of a start to Bond 25...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    phibes72 wrote: »
    Like Dave Bautista's post. He could come back as well, we never saw him die, apart from the barrells around his neck and out of the train. Have him break Blofeld out of Belmarsh, one hell of a start to Bond 25...

I've always seen him coming back with a scared neck, now a mute from his injuries, with a real bad attitude towards Bond.

"Looting Haitians, dining Hussars, a stroll in Sniper’s Alley … two of the world’s most influential photography collectors, including 007 producer Michael G Wilson, give us a rare look inside their archives"

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/feb/28/photography-collectors-michael-g-wilson-harriet-logan
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,844
    talos7 wrote: »
    Like Dave Bautista's post. He could come back as well, we never saw him die, apart from the barrells around his neck and out of the train. Have him break Blofeld out of Belmarsh, one hell of a start to Bond 25...

I've always seen him coming back with a scared neck, now a mute from his injuries, with a real bad attitude towards Bond.

I was about to say, "He wasn't a mute already...?" then I remembered his "Shoot." That would certainly be a peculiar thing to make him a mute immediately after his first spoken word.

Then again, that would give Bond incentive to say something terribly witty like, "You always did talk too much," or "Thought you'd never shut up."
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Benny wrote: »
    I prefer SP to SF by quite a margin. I prefer pretty much every aspect to it. However the last two films have both suffered from slack story telling.

SP suffered, yes. SF, no. SF is brilliant. One of the finest screenplays in the series, along with DN, FRWL and GE.

I think that's pushing it. A few memorable well written scenes, but not close to FRWL or DN
    I think both films have left fans divided.

SF is immensely entertaining, very re-watchable and in my top 10; but, the screenplay has several major plot holes and lapses in logic. This keeps it from being in the same league as the first two Bonds. It's very frustrating because all of transgressions could have been addressed, to produce in a tighter, stronger screenplay.

For me the slack writing and plotting lets down the whole of SF. Apart from one or two decent scenes it's a mess and doesn't convince me on any level.

It feels to me like the first draft of something that could have been really good. Lots of good ideas, but that doesn't guarantee a good movie.

I also blame Mendes tho, as SP is also hardly the tightest plotted Bond film in the series. They're both slightly baggy, overlong films, although for me SP holds together better and has more memorable set pieces.

Neither of them are going to be films I return to much but I would much more happily rewatch Spectre
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Getafix wrote: »
    I prefer SP to SF by quite a margin. I prefer pretty much every aspect to it. However the last two films have both suffered from slack story telling.

SP suffered, yes. SF, no. SF is brilliant. One of the finest screenplays in the series, along with DN, FRWL and GE.

I think that's pushing it. A few memorable well written scenes, but not close to FRWL or DN
    I think both films have left fans divided.

SF is immensely entertaining, very re-watchable and in my top 10; but, the screenplay has several major plot holes and lapses in logic. This keeps it from being in the same league as the first two Bonds. It's very frustrating because all of transgressions could have been addressed, to produce in a tighter, stronger screenplay.

For me the slack writing and plotting lets down the whole of SF. Apart from one or two decent scenes it's a mess and doesn't convince me on any level.

It feels to me like the first draft of something that could have been really good. Lots of good ideas, but that doesn't guarantee a good movie.

I also blame Mendes tho, as SP is also hardly the tightest plotted Bond film in the series. They're both slightly baggy, overlong films, although for me SP holds together better and has more memorable set pieces.

Neither of them are going to be films I return to much but I would much more happily rewatch Spectre

Agreed

Also instead of the delightful hinx returning what if they did mr wint and mr Kidd again
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Before we even get to see those scars. I can picture his giant silhouette emerging through a door way, and Bond instantly recognising who it is, in a real "Oh, no ..." moment.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Another day, another SF vs. SP debacle. How boring.
    How many people here are actually in favor of Craig returning for Bond 25? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one, but correct me if I'm wrong.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How many people here are actually in favor of Craig returning for Bond 25? I sometimes feel like I'm the only one, but correct me if I'm wrong.

You re not alone.
    It's the general consensus on here, for sure.
  • I'd like to see Craig return for one more then bow out. Either way, just want another film really.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    OK, I correct you. You're wrong.

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I'm indifferent. If he must return, then so be it. If it's someone new, I'm ok with it as well. We're due for a change, but I can live with one more Craig if it must be.

The majority of people on here want Craig back. Only a small fee I have seen want a new actor
    It's mostly those who were dissatisfied with his performance in SP.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    I'm not really against Craig returning, but I wouldn't mind someone new either. A change could be nice. I am vehemently against Mendes returning though. His pet composer alone is enough for me to say he shouldn't come back.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I'm not really against Craig returning, but I wouldn't mind someone new either. A change could be nice. I am vehemently against Mendes returning though. His pet composer alone is enough for me to say he shouldn't come back.
    +1
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    Yes, I want Craig back (for two), but without Mendes. I would rather a new actor than have Mendes back with Craig.
  • I'm not really against Craig returning, but I wouldn't mind someone new either. A change could be nice. I am vehemently against Mendes returning though. His pet composer alone is enough for me to say he shouldn't come back.

This. I would like to see a final Craig outing with a performance under a different director, far fewer classic Bond references, great action, and great music.
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    OK, I correct you. You're wrong.

Lol thank you.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I want Craig back because he's a fantastic actor and a great Bond who's tenure has been marred by extenuating circumstances. The guy deserves and needs to do a 5th outing on principle alone. For me, SP was a dud. Mendes/EoN really effed up and EoN need to right this ship. Get Craig back for one more; I mean in 5 years time it'll be the 60th anniversary...might as well get Craig to squeeze in one more film before getting the 7th actor to kick off the 60th anniversary proceedings. Secondly, EoN need to forget Mendes. He's done. Move on and get some new. There's a lot of talented directors out there who can deliver; stop playing it safe and get someone with the energy, passion and skill to deliver on what a Bond movie should be.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. Craig yes, Mendes no.