No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Well, chaps, now we've drifted in March, I think it's inevitable in two weeks time we'll get a definite answer. I just hope it won't be another bore of a word it would be when Barber or any of the responsible people behind the production drop an excuse and delay the film further.

There is still no distributor for Bond 25

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-china-eyes-mgm-purchase?id=04229
    And?

So don't expect much in the way of news in March - you're not going to get any.
    We'll see.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It's strange that Daniel Craig and Aidan Turner are the only ones still dodging questions regarding Bond. The others all appear to have given up the ghost months ago...

One says "I can't talk about it", the other avoids questions entirely. Strange.
  • RC7RC7
    giphy.gif
    Well, chaps, now we've drifted in March, I think it's inevitable in two weeks time we'll get a definite answer. I just hope it won't be another bore of a word it would be when Barber or any of the responsible people behind the production drop an excuse and delay the film further.

There is still no distributor for Bond 25

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond-25-china-eyes-mgm-purchase?id=04229
    And?

So don't expect much in the way of news in March - you're not going to get any.
    We'll see.

Believe me there won't be much news on Bond 25 in the third month of 2017.
    It's strange that Daniel Craig and Aidan Turner are the only ones still dodging questions regarding Bond. The others all appear to have given up the ghost months ago...

One says "I can't talk about it", the other avoids questions entirely. Strange.

I wouldn't read much into that.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Here is your news round-up for February 2017:

February 2017
    ->EON are set to executive produce yet another non-Bond project, as the psychological drama, Nancy, starring Andrea Riseborough is expected to be released in the bottom half of this year
    ->Two additional films listed on IMDB Pro are on EON's slate, and are listed as "in development." They are No Place to Hide (2017) and Remote Control. It is brought into question if these have been put on ice or if Wilson and Broccoli are moving ahead with the projects
    ->Filming on Daniel Craig's Kings concludes and begins post-production, leaving only Purity as the sole project on Craig's slate (page 592)
    ->Eon Productions acquire a Bell UHD-1D vintage helicopter from the Saxony-Anhalt aviation museum in Germany, to be flown to Heathrow on Feb. 9. The helicopter is to be used 'specifically for the next Bond film.'
    ->Daily Mail's Baz Bamigboye tweets to user @Pierce2Daniel; says B25 is 'a long, long way off,' when asked where the franchise currently stood
    ->Omega chief executive Raynald Aeschlimann hints at a potential return for Craig, as the two are expected to meet in 'two or three weeks' to discuss future watch placements
    ->Further signs point to Craig's return when Othello co-star David Oyelowo responds to Stephen Colbert's claim that he has indeed gone. "We don't know that (...) I've been in a dressing room with him for three months, so I don't know about that."
    ->Both Ben Whishaw and Ralph Fiennes have signed on to projects throughout late 2017 to early 2018 (theatre work and direction respectively), which may conflict with their schedules for an Oct/Nov. 2018 release date
    ->The mayor of Dubrovnik, Croatia confirms that EON is in "advanced talks" with officials about featuring the city in B25
    ->It is revealed that an unnamed China organization was previously in advanced talks to purchase MGM, only for the deal to be broken down in late 2016
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 1,661
    SonofSean wrote:
    As much as I'd like to see Craig return, seeing Tom Hiddleston promoting Kong Skull Island you see very much THE perfect Bond in waiting. He is sooo right for the role, so I would actually prefer to see Hiddleston take over the role now. Also, he's so good at the promotional side of the job, whereas Craig always looks glum and bored in interviews he gives. If Craig is announced is back as Bond I'll be happy, mainly because we'll be getting another Bond movie (hurrah!) but if Hiddleston is announced as his replacement...I'll be ecstatic.

I have the opposite reaction. The more I see of Mr Hiddleston the less I see any Bond. I find him wimpy looking. I can't see Bond, sorry. Looks like a mature school prefect. I'm sure Hiddleston's casting - if it were to happen - would split the core fanbase (as was the case with Craig's casting - hence the DanielCraigisnotBond websites!). But I'm sure the average film goer wouldn't mind Hiddles.

Great job @Jake24
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    We may not see a film till 2019 looking at what jake has put together - it doesn't seem like Eon have a grip on the next film
  • RC7RC7
    We may not see a film till 2019 looking at what jake has put together - it doesn't seem like Eon have a grip on the next film

EON have plenty of grip on the next film.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    RC7 wrote: »

I wonder what that means!

Okay but how do we know?
  • RC7RC7

Okay but how do we know?

They have. I don't spread BS.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

I wonder what that means!

Ok @QuantumOrganization you jump on everything @RC7 posts. It's getting very tiresome. Please give it a rest.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

re: MGM....The company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter and full-year financial results this month. Gary Barber usually conducts a conference call. It will probably be more like the third week of the month but I don't have the exact date.

It was during the conference call almost a year ago (fourth-quarter and full-year 2015 results) that Barber said Bond movies would come out on a 3- to 4-year cycle and that he was in "no hurry" to negotiate a Bond 25 distribution deal.

Maybe he will tell us what year it will come out

Okay but how do we know?

I don't think ur spreading bull shit, do u have a contact or something or a theory ?
  • RC7RC7

Okay but how do we know?

I don't think ur spreading bull shit, do u have a contact or something or a theory ?

Work in the industry, so hear bits here and there.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    re: MGM....The company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter and full-year financial results this month. Gary Barber usually conducts a conference call. It will probably be more like the third week of the month but I don't have the exact date.

It was during the conference call almost a year ago (fourth-quarter and full-year 2015 results) that Barber said Bond movies would come out on a 3- to 4-year cycle and that he was in "no hurry" to negotiate a Bond 25 distribution deal.

Maybe he will tell us what year it will come out
    At the very least, this would be helpful.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Just realized it's already March. Tomorrow is Craig's 49th birthday!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Better get the gears rolling on this one soon, then.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Age is irrelevant when we have people making action flicks much older than Craig.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

I just realized by the time B25 is well into production (providing Craig stays on board), he'll be the only actor alongside Sean who would have played Bond in his '30's, '40's and '50's.

Craig is no Cruise, but I definitely think he has another Bond in him.
    Age is irrelevant when we have people making action flicks much older than Craig.

Yes, but they aren't playing James Bond, so...
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    And?
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So. Ten more years of Craig.

youtu.be/RAxkR8rFmMM

Murdock wrote: »
    And?

Bond isn't 62 just like Bond isn't a woman.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    And?

Bond isn't 62 just like Bond isn't a woman.

Technically Bond is 63. ;))
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Which is Craig's favourite position in the bedroom?
    (I have no idea...)
    SMH Craig is still young enough to play Bond 1 or 2 more times.