No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I would be fine with a faithful adaption of You Only live twice for Bond 25
    We still need faithful adaptions of Moonraker, You only live twice and The Man with the Golden Gun.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    So faithful that bond gets a kid too?
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What if the avenging silence is a code name for Bond 25?...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I'd give a big round of applause if they were secretly shooting 'Bond 25' under a code name for merely $15 million right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's the budget thing that's got me curious, especially if Sony is back given all the recent talk about constraints. I wonder how they will do it, given everyone seems to be on a funding leash and these big name actors & stunts aren't cheap.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    One of the more general announcements regarding 'Bond 25' that'll immediately color me intrigued is hearing that the budget has been significantly reduced. I think after SP (the combination of it costing so much, and making a few hundred million less than SF), they're more likely to dial things back, whereas after SF, it was inevitable that the next installment would likely get more to work with.
    What budget do U think it will be?
    150?
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'd give a big round of applause if they were secretly shooting 'Bond 25' under a code name for merely $15 million right now.

Craig's take alone is greater than $15 million.
    Greed! Harry and Cubby would have kept all that in check.
    Daniel Craig took home something like 40 million bucks for SPECTRE
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That is a disgusting amount of money.
    Cubby would never let his James Bond take home that much money. But good for Craig
    hes not putting in the effort to deserve that amount, on the contrary he would rather cut his wrists
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 3,126
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Dubrovnik has castles - will Bond 25 be a faithful adaptation of YOLT?

It does? You don't think? Oh boy I know where this is going. =P~ @-) >-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig's agent is a frikkin superstar to get him 40million. That's how you broker a deal!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Getafix wrote: »
    Greed! Harry and Cubby would have kept all that in check.

Yes, they'd do what they did to Sean and pay him 8 times less for playing Bond than he made from one random Hitchcock film.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

Please, please, pleassssssseeeeeee.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Or at least they'll place the YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE theme in the teaser trailer.
    you_only_live_twice_comic_cover_by_weskerfan1236-d4vexku.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Or at least they'll place the YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE theme in the teaser trailer.
    you_only_live_twice_comic_cover_by_weskerfan1236-d4vexku.jpg

A Japanese theme used for a film with a Croatian location? I wouldn't bet on it.
    Or so it seems? [There's nothing in the original 1967 title song that ties it to Japan.]
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    The song is Asian-inflected.
    Yes, I shouldn't speak in absolutes. But it's more how the song is produced to match the Asian setting than anything else.

My real point was in support of the YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE suggestion, by tying to how SPECTRE's teaser sampled the notes of ON HER MAJESTY's SECRET SERVICE. Therefore BOND 25's teaser could potentially follow suit.
    And bond can have a child too
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    How about MR and TMWTGG, too?
    It would be interesting to have a finale where Bond speeds to the center of London to stop a missile from exploding the populace, but with the very London-centric plots we've had recently I'd cool such an idea, and the MR plot would need retooling. It'd be great to see Bond and M play cards at Blades on the big screen, though.

I would like to see a spin on TMWTGG, and done right this time where Bond is up against an equal like the match that Grant is for him in FRWL. I'd actually love to see a movie where Bond faces a baddie in the PTS that then puts a massive contract on his head in revenge, bringing a cast of unique assassins with different specialties out of the fold to do him in. It would offer a lot of suspense and thrills, with Bond going up against all kinds of enemy types with particular character traits and histories on file.
  • I'd actually love to see a movie where Bond faces a baddie in the PTS that then puts a massive contract on his head in revenge, bringing a cast of unique assassins with different specialties out of the fold to do him in. It would offer a lot of suspense and thrills, with Bond going up against all kinds of enemy types with particular character traits and histories on file.

Gardner's Nobody Lives Forever. ;)

A good idea, that.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 386
    Shardlake wrote: »
    I find it rather amusing that some newbies are showing up and shouting the odds at long standing members with credible track record of being trusted as having inside info.

I've had my run ins with @RC7 myself but he knows what he's talking about unlike some of you kids who've just rocked up, have some respect, you've just joined the house and you are acting like you own it.

Oh the irony that Trump is affecting the next film, he's fecking everything else up so why not Bond!

Yes, because hanging out on a forum long enough confers great wisdom.

It would be interesting to have a finale where Bond speeds to the center of London to stop a missile from exploding the populace, but with the very London-centric plots we've had recently I'd cool such an idea, and the MR plot would need retooling. It'd be great to see Bond and M play cards at Blades on the big screen, though.

I would like to see a spin on TMWTGG, and done right this time where Bond is up against an equal like the match that Grant is for him in FRWL. I'd actually love to see a movie where Bond faces a baddie in the PTS that then puts a massive contract on his head in revenge, bringing a cast of unique assassins with different specialties out of the fold to do him in. It would offer a lot of suspense and thrills, with Bond going up against all kinds of enemy types with particular character traits and histories on file.

- love moonraker actually I love all the books and would like to see them made into films again and or more accurately

- love moonraker actually I love all the books and would like to see them made into films again and or more accurately

I'd rather see a 4 or 5 episode period piece BBC miniseries for each of the novels, myself.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,425
    Does Dubrovnik have castles? I'm sure it does, but it's known for its walled city isn't it?

If they wanted a castle surely they'd be looking for a... castle.

Have to say it's all a bit annoying not even having confirmation a film is happening.

The overall secrecy I quite like, but at the moment it's not clear anything at all is really happening behind the scenes.