SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So anyway....

Is it looking more and more likely that Ejiofor will be Bind 24' protagonist? With filming set to start in less than 3 months and as things are gearing up, I'm hoping we get more clarity on who the big bad is.
    Some people here really have no idea how movies are made.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    For example, if the actress that is hired to play Bonds main love interest in that movie happens to break her legs a few days before filming starts,wouldn't it be reasonable to expect Eon to have a few extra hot actresses up their sleeves so production doesn't have to come to a complete halt?

You're quite correct. It would be utterly preposterous not to expect MGW to pay half a dozen actresses a retainer to sit around his office in bikinis waiting for the Bond girl to do a David Buust!

I'm sure the same is done for the crew - never know when that carpenter might saw his own leg off or the clapper boy forget to do his flies up after a piss resulting in an unfortunate conversion to Judaism when the director shouts action. I would think it utterly irresponsible for EON not to pay thousands of people to just sit around doing nothing for 6 months on the off chance someone breaks their leg.

In fact why don't other businesses do this? I think Mr Helm you should stand for prime minister. Just imagine if there were three men paid to do every job - we'd have full employment!!

The country would go bankrupt of course but you can't have everything I suppose and the fact you'd have to share your wages between three shouldn't stop us all getting on board the Helm Express to zero unemployment!

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Movies don't do understudies... period.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 908
    "Matt_Helm wrote:
    Sarcasm doesn't spare you from reading posts carefully. Neither Saint Mark nor me ever mentioned Craig.

Talking of reading posts carefully...
    "SaintMark wrote:
    What would happen if Daniel Craig would be unavailable for Bond 24 through matters outside of his own choice?

Just the two glaring errors from you today.

Mea culpa, no way talking around it!
    BTW this makes it ONE error today ( two if we count my mixing up the production during which Ledger died.)
  • Matt_Helm wrote: »
    For example, if the actress that is hired to play Bonds main love interest in that movie happens to break her legs a few days before filming starts,wouldn't it be reasonable to expect Eon to have a few extra hot actresses up their sleeves so production doesn't have to come to a complete halt?

You're quite correct. It would be utterly preposterous not to expect MGW to pay half a dozen actresses a retainer to sit around his office in bikinis waiting for the Bond girl to do a David Buust!

I'm sure the same is done for the crew - never know when that carpenter might saw his own leg off or the clapper boy forget to do his flies up after a piss resulting in an unfortunate conversion to Judaism when the director shouts action. I would think it utterly irresponsible for EON not to pay thousands of people to just sit around doing nothing for 6 months on the off chance someone breaks their leg.

In fact why don't other businesses do this? I think Mr Helm you should stand for prime minister. Just imagine if there were three men paid to do every job - we'd have full employment!!

The country would go bankrupt of course but you can't have everything I suppose and the fact you'd have to share your wages between three shouldn't stop us all getting on board the Helm Express to zero unemployment!

Did I ever mention hiring them in advance? I don't think so and about this prime minister business. Well I hardly could do a worse job than Cameron, couldn't I?
    Are you people serious? If so, its a sad example...
    Ok I think we need news.... we're yapping bout unemployment :-?
    Hmm, very interesting and not so unsurprising.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Again, not a trustworthy website at all.
    Still I think it's not a too stupid idea to have a plan B (make this B to Y) just in case something happened to someone. Actually I would expect something like this from professionals. For example, if the actress that is hired to play Bonds main love interest in that movie happens to break her legs a few days before filming starts,wouldn't it be reasonable to expect Eon to have a few extra hot actresses up their sleeves so production doesn't have to come to a complete halt?
    No it wouldn't be reasonable. Imagine Actress Y who knows that if Actress X breaks her legs, then she will be the star of the movie. It actually increases the probability that Actress X will break her legs, if you see what I mean :)

More seriously, dealing with delays and unexpected circumstances is business as usual in movie production. Remember they just told almost everyone in the pre-production of Bond 24 to stop working, while the script was being re-written.

What would happen if Actress X breaks her leg is probably that they would have another look at the castings they did for the role. So somehow, yes, they have actresses up their sleeves with these castings, but certainly not with a contract as a back-up...

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    'It seems....'

'It is possible...'

'An older rumour said...'

If a journalistic heavyweight like Zach Dennis says it in such stringent terms who am I to argue that this is nothing but purest fact?
    They may go with an alternate choice if the original is not available but not what was originally suggested two pages ago. Just read the history if the Bond casting and recasting.
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Germanlady wrote: »

Oh my. That just made my week.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited September 2014 Posts: 4,012

What??? I wasn't expecting that but I'm curious!

EDIT: @Germanlady, you might want to post that as well at the Star Wars thread.
    Still I think it's not a too stupid idea to have a plan B (make this B to Y) just in case something happened to someone. Actually I would expect something like this from professionals. For example, if the actress that is hired to play Bonds main love interest in that movie happens to break her legs a few days before filming starts,wouldn't it be reasonable to expect Eon to have a few extra hot actresses up their sleeves so production doesn't have to come to a complete halt?
    No it wouldn't be reasonable. Imagine Actress Y who knows that if Actress X breaks her legs, then she will be the star of the movie. It actually increases the probability that Actress X will break her legs, if you see what I mean :)

More seriously, dealing with delays and unexpected circumstances is business as usual in movie production. Remember they just told almost everyone in the pre-production of Bond 24 to stop working, while the script was being re-written.

What would happen if Actress X breaks her leg is probably that they would have another look at the castings they did for the role. So somehow, yes, they have actresses up their sleeves with these castings, but certainly not with a contract as a back-up...

Obviously I didn't do a very good job in bringing my point across. My sincere apologies to everyone I lured into a wrong direction. Still I never meant and mentioned hiring (or telling )anyone in advance. When I talked about plan B I just meant that the producers had in the back of their minds some choices they would turn to if something went wrong with whomever. Again, sorry if I choose the wrong words of explaining my thoughts.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    A prime example of actors not being recast would be Harrison Ford recently breaking his ankle on the set of Star Wars. Ford was also very ill during the filming of Temple Of Doom, with Vic Armstrong standing in for many scenes apparently. Though annoying to filmakers, unless it is something drastic the show goes on. Schedules are changed. Stand ins used, scripts altered, camera angles changed.
    Now, how about that December start date? News thankfully will surely start coming through between then and now.

That is going to be fun to see if we can work out which character he is playing? A bit like the whole Maud Adams saga in AVTAK! :D
    If he didnt change his voice, hat will give him away.
    Star Wars 7 News @starwars7news 13 Min.
    Daniel Craig was @PinewoodStudios because Bond 24 is in pre-production there, not because of #StarWarsVII.
    Bah, it doesn't matter what he's doing there just so long as he's there.
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 12,506
    If he is in it? I assume that as stated if true? His face is covered, and if he should have a line? The voice will be disguised?

Just seen that at this winter's London Film and Comic Con that Hafpor Julius Bjornsson will be appearing! Worth a punt on meeting him if he should be announced for Bond 24 as the new henchman?
    Off topic but what Maude Adams saga in AVTAK? I missed that... so what's the score?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Off topic but what Maude Adams saga in AVTAK? I missed that... so what's the score?
    Maud visited Roger during AVTAK and walked past the camera in one scene. When Bond meets Chuck Lee.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    So Maud was technically in 3 Bond films. :)
    Oh cool... I need to find that. Thanks
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 2,115
    Disregard someone posted before I could, re: Star Wars 7 News Tweet.