SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited September 2014 Posts: 11,139
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    doubleoego wrote: »

How reliable is this website? It would come in line with what we've heard before :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I wouldn't trust that website if it were me.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I didn't feel this was an appropriate question to pose in the RIP thread so as this is still entitled 'Time for an iconic henchman' it seems like a better place to raise it:

What do we think of rebooting Jaws in Bond 24, in part in tribute to Richard Kiel?

This Hinx (I'm in favour just to stop him being called that) already seems to be basically Jaws without the teeth so it would only take minimal script tweaks to change things.

Personally I'm kind of 50/50. It could be crap but then again if done right it could be awesome. However I'm not sure straying further and further down this reboot road is the way to go, especially given a Blofeld reboot is also imminently on the cards.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Well, I think that is a really kind thought, Wiz.
    But I just have real doubts as to how this could be done right. I would be happy with some kind of classy, well written dialog that would mention Jaws in some way. But he was so unique, I think it needs to remain only Richard Kiel in that particular role. But again, I'd love some kind of tribute to him.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Well, I think that is a really kind thought, Wiz.
    But I just have real doubts as to how this could be done right. I would be happy with some kind of classy, well written dialog that would mention Jaws in some way. But he was so unique, I think it needs to remain only Richard Kiel in that particular role. But again, I'd love some kind of tribute to him.

Agreed. I thought similarly @Wiz, as he's such a indelible part of the cinematic legacy, but I'm not sure a reboot would work. I would love them to include a very subtle reference, even if only for us fans. If they are indeed going for a Jaws-esque, statuesque villain, I pondered the idea of a scene featuring the main villain on the phone delivering the line, 'Well, if you can get him of course'.
    Yes, something well done, well written, and classy enough. I would like a real nod to Kiel. He was wonderful and really irreplaceable.
  • I didn't feel this was an appropriate question to pose in the RIP thread so as this is still entitled 'Time for an iconic henchman' it seems like a better place to raise it:

What do we think of rebooting Jaws in Bond 24, in part in tribute to Richard Kiel?

This Hinx (I'm in favour just to stop him being called that) already seems to be basically Jaws without the teeth so it would only take minimal script tweaks to change things.

Personally I'm kind of 50/50. It could be crap but then again if done right it could be awesome. However I'm not sure straying further and further down this reboot road is the way to go, especially given a Blofeld reboot is also imminently on the cards.

You are one of the very last people on this forum I would have expected to make such an suggestion.
    Personality I don't see any point in it. People can be pretty dangerous without teeth of steel.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    There's always a good chance for references to previous films. All of DC's films have a bunch of different ones.

So, I'm of course open to a nod to Jaws/Kiel.
    Matt_Helm wrote: »
    I didn't feel this was an appropriate question to pose in the RIP thread so as this is still entitled 'Time for an iconic henchman' it seems like a better place to raise it:

You are one of the very last people on this forum I would have expected to make such an suggestion.
    Personality I don't see any point in it. People can be pretty dangerous without teeth of steel.

Well I think it's already a bit late to put the reboot genie back in its bottle so if we're going to have a massive henchman why not give the people what it seems they want and reboot Jaws.

Don't get me wrong - I wish the DB5 had been laid to rest decades ago (after TB basically) and although 95% of me hated it appearing in SF with all the gadgets, the other 5% did experience a tingle of excitement and when he opened up with the machine guns I can't say I didn't enjoy it on a fanboy level.

If, as it seems to me, the producers are keen to keep pushing our nostalgic buttons then why not go for it rather than just give us Jaws lite in Hinx?
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 11,119

@TheWizardOfIce? Lovely lovely idea. BUT it should be a reboot like we are used to with the Daniel Craig-era.

With that I mean, that "Jaws" or "Hinx" must be more sinister. The height? Please let him be a towering inferno. The facial looks? Frankenstein-esque like Jaws.

But he should NOT be the Chewbacca of Bond. He should not be loved by all those little kids. He needs to be seriously deadly. I mentioned it before, but let's snip of a finger IN REAL. TeeHee (LALD) once almost did it. But I want to see the cut off little finger. Or perhaps see an on-screen arm being broken by the henchman. People in cinema need to be terrified. And adding a tiny bit of gore, if done properly, could result in a new benchmark for Bond henchmen. Just like Silva is a new kind of benchmark for Bond villains.
    edited September 2014 Posts: 9,117

@TheWizardOfIce? Lovely lovely idea. BUT it should be a reboot like we are used to with the Daniel Craig-era.

With that I mean, that "Jaws" or "Hinx" must be more sinister. The height? Please let him be a towering inferno. The facial looks? Frankenstein-esque like Jaws.

But he should NOT be the Chewbacca of Bond. He should not be loved by all those little kids. He needs to be seriously deadly. I mentioned it before, but let's snip of a finger IN REAL. TeeHee (LALD) once almost did it. But I want to see the cut off little finger. Or perhaps see an on-screen arm being broken by the henchman. People in cinema need to be terrified. And adding a tiny bit of gore, if done properly, could result in a new benchmark for Bond henchmen. Just like Silva is a new kind of benchmark for Bond villains.

Totally agree. Should be a proper nasty bastard.

Now that in the Craig era Bond can bleed I want to push the 12A cert to the edge (would personally prefer a 15 but understand EON's position) with new Jaws taking chunks out of people with his razor sharp gnashers (designed more along the lines of how they are in the Christopher Wood novelisation) and snapping necks like breadsticks. In the final fight with Bond he would certainly take a bite or two out of Bond's shoulder. Done right it could be more interesting than just a Kriegler/Stamper clone which is what I fear Hinx could turn out to be - unless they have some sort of iconic weapon/disability a la the teeth up their sleeve.

However I feel I should make clear that I would be up for this only with the following caveats:

1. Jaws does not turn good.
    2. He does not get a girlfriend.
    3. I could maybe live with him surviving one film but after that he certainly must die.

Another Game of Thrones connection. I hope it is true, I have been wanting an actor who plays/played The Mountain to be a henchman in a Bond movie. The nastier looking is IMO the first actor who played him, but Björnsson is MASSIVE.
    And he was born in friggin' 1988!!! How is that possible?? I thought he was in his late 30 early 40 at the extreme least. He's just a kid, which is so weird and bizarre.
    And he was born in friggin' 1988!!! How is that possible?? I thought he was in his late 30 early 40 at the extreme least. He's just a kid, which is so weird and bizarre.

That is weird. I would have said he is in his 30s-40s too. Wow. Becoming a Bond villain would be consecration. He looks far more menacing than most of the muscle men that played henchmen before, and I include Richard Kiel.
  • Director Sam Mendes will gather his Bond 24 cast, led by Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw, in late November for a read-through of the script, with principal filming set to begin on December 6.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2752747/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Eddie-Redmayne-s-flurry-white-winter-wonderland-wedding-complete-fake-snow.html
  • Director Sam Mendes will gather his Bond 24 cast, led by Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw, in late November for a read-through of the script, with principal filming set to begin on December 6.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2752747/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Eddie-Redmayne-s-flurry-white-winter-wonderland-wedding-complete-fake-snow.html

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Finally. I can breathe again. Let's kick off the whole shabang!!
  • RC7RC7
    December 6th. I hope this is true, as it's the day I get married. Would be very apt for me to be able to include this in my speech.
    Wow! Well, that's great to hear, RC7. May you have a wonderful, lovely, and perfect wedding day. Cheers!
    Tweets suggest, DC is in Pinewood. Whatever that means...screentesting or else...
    Finally some solid news! It looks like the title and the full cast and crew will be revealed within the next 3 months!
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Tweets suggest, DC is in Pinewood. Whatever that means...screentesting or else...

including stunt training; fight choreography. Olivier Schnieder, who's an excellent combatant and fight choreographer is already working on Bond 24 which means without a doubt the fights are going to be brutal.

Yes, indeed. All of that.
    December 6th seems so close yet so far.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Conference on Thursday 4th December? I'd guess so.
    Well i was hoping for things to start on my birthday december 1st but the 6th is still kind of cool i guess.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    <:-P Some news at last! Hopefully the cast is now assembled (since they have a date for the read through) and we might get a few more news from now on.
  • RC7RC7
    Wow! Well, that's great to hear, RC7. May you have a wonderful, lovely, and perfect wedding day. Cheers!

Thank you :) even if it doesn't happen, there will be some Bond chat, guaranteed.
    What I wonder about is: What would happen if Daniel Craig would be unavailable for Bond 24 through matters outside of his own choice?- Does EON already have a new actor in mind?- And how much is the influence of Mendes in such a situation?
    Director Sam Mendes will gather his Bond 24 cast, led by Daniel Craig, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw, in late November for a read-through of the script, with principal filming set to begin on December 6.

This is excellent news indeed! I wonder if their will be any paparazzi at the gates to try and get snaps of people trying to get a scoop? It's exciting to know this all just weeks away now! Roll on a press conference and the title reveal?!!!! PLEASE let it be an unused Fleming title! [-O<
    SaintMark wrote: »
    What I wonder about is: What would happen if Daniel Craig would be unavailable for Bond 24 through matters outside of his own choice?- Does EON already have a new actor in mind?- And how much is the influence of Mendes in such a situation?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here? No Craig? No Mendes and another few years of waiting! [-X