SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2014 Posts: 4,399
    (deleted)
  • HASEROT wrote: »
    @Gustav_Graves........ funny, i can't remember what i predicted for SF's box office... i think it was about $900 mil.. i remember not believing it would have the legs to get over the 1 bil mark tho... glad i was wrong about that lol.

Ah well, then you were as close as I am ;-).
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 2,015
    Eh, eh, you wrote that it was the 50th anniversary jubilee that would made Skyfall do a lot on box-office (and it did even more than you predicted). Not Mendes. Not Craig. Not Newman. Not ... Whatever :) Now that the next Bond won't be the 50th anniversary for sure, do you think it hasn't got a chance to do $900M ? And do you still believe Skyfall's gross has really something to do with the 50th anniversary ?

Me, I won't give any prediction, I think it's so random actually. Anyone who feels he can "predict" box office very well should quit forums right now and earn millions as a consultant on what works and what doesn't work.
  • Eh, eh, you wrote that it was the 50th anniversary jubilee that would made Skyfall do a lot on box-office (and it did even more than you predicted). Not Mendes. Not Craig. Not Newman. Not ... Whatever :) Now that the next Bond won't be the 50th anniversary for sure, do you think it hasn't got a chance to do $900M ? And do you still believe Skyfall's gross has really something to do with the 50th anniversary ?

Me, I won't give any prediction, I think it's so random actually. Anyone who feels he can "predict" box office very well should quit forums right now and earn millions as a consultant on what works and what doesn't work.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4018/will-the-50-year-jubilee-help-pushing-the-boxoffice-of-skyfall-to-a-gross-900-million-worldwide/p1

You really want to re-discuss this topic again? I think a discussion between @RC7 and @BondBug suffices no :-)?
    RC7 wrote: »
    BondBug wrote:
    All I am arguing is that it is "quite possible." I am being open minded and laying out some reasons why I wouldn't rule it out. Who would have predicted Mission Impossible 4 would go to $700m worldwide from MI3's $400m? I have been following box office forums for fifteen years, and one thing I have learned is that the people who insist they are right can end up looking like fools, because this isn't an exact science and there are always movies that outperform or underperform from expectations.

It's not 'quite possible' at all. There's being open minded and there's being ridiculous. I'm quite happy to look a fool, however, I bet you here and now £20 that it won't make £900m. I'll transfer you the money the day it hits it. Deal?

Also, on advice of @Samuel001 of that topic http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/4018/will-the-50-year-jubilee-help-pushing-the-boxoffice-of-skyfall-to-a-gross-900-million-worldwide/p1:
    Samuel001 wrote: »
    It may be better to change the title of this thread. Just so it's known this is for Box Office updates.

Regarding a prediction for "Bond 24"? I have absolutely no clue. The topic above I started back in September 2012, one month before the premiere of "Skyfall".

I do think it is possible that also Bond 24 will be a Million Dollar Bond. But it must be again a strong-follow up to "Skyfall" I think. All factors need to be alligned, the exact same audience that went to see Skyfall, needs to come again. For that, several factors might be of help:
    --> Damn good reviews, as both CR and SF had
    --> Big well-known actors, that pre-Skyfall didn't dare to think of acting in a Bond-film
    --> A marketing campaign or other spontaneous word-of-mouth on the world wide web
    --> A well-known member of the production crew perhaps
    --> Perhaps having an eye for trends? What is "hot", who is "not"
    --> Following the buzz being made about a movie only 2 to 4 weeks before its premiere

I'm just naming a few.......and it's nowhere a black-and-white science. And even if it's not black-and-white, you can get close to predict at least something that is not that far away from a final box office result.

Take for example "Interstellar". I think one of the main reasons this movie will easily jump past the 900 Million worldwide, is the sky-rocketing anticipation on the internet to actually see a new Christopher Nolan-movie again. That name alone is a warranty for success. And it's not only that, the carefully distributed and produced Warner Bros. trailers (three full-length trailers in total, every month a tad bit more, turning the anticipation into a snowball-effect) help that too.

And the funny thing is, this movie will most likely be quite heavy sci-fi/drama. With that I mean that with another director, with less well-known credentials, it would probably do not so well. A bit Stanley Kubrick-esque: Fantastic film, but slow at the box-office. But Chris Nolan can get away with it.

So let's see what "Bond 24" does. One advantage it has already: It can still sail on the success that "Skyfall" was. But let's see. What do you think @Suivez_ce_parachute ?
  • RC7RC7
    I do think it is possible that also Bond 24 will be a Million Dollar Bond.

I'm quite happy to look a fool, however, I bet you here and now £20 it'll make more than a million dollars.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    More than one million dollars? Oh yes.

I'm quite happy to look a fool, however, I bet you here and now £20 it'll make more than a million dollars.

Love it. Reminds me of that scene in Austin Powers when Dr Evil tries to hold the world to ransom for 1 million dollars before no 2 wisely points out that he should adjust for inflation!
  • RC7 wrote: »

Hehehehehe

:P :D :)>-
  • edited September 2014 Posts: 2,015
    You have inflation in the USA ? 1 or 2% like us ? :)

Compare this to the fact that the EUR/USD rate has just changed by about 10% in about just 4 months, and a bit the same for some other currencies. It means a movie with a box office like SF would have "lost" about 100M$ I guess if it had been released now, compared to a release 4 months ago. Just because of exchange rates.

So consider all the worldwide bets are in fact a lot a bet on the EUR/USD, GBP/USD, Yuan/USD exchange rate + the expansion of China market... Yawn, yawn...

The Bond Moore movies were done at a time where USD was almost 2.5 times stronger than it is these days. Hence the reputation of "poor box office" of the Moore years because other currencies seemed weak when converted in USD, while it actually did very, very well !

Now, to avoid all this, it would be far more "interesting" to do country by country comparisons - and then you have less global factors to "smooth" everything. But then you start to ask to wait to know what will be the other movies against it in each countries, no ?

For instance, SF did 7.000.000 viewers in France. But SF somehow met a void, because the French comedy (Asterix) did not do as expected, and moreover all the other French movies had planned to avoid Asterix. And Adele was all over the French radio. Adele's track is a very important factor that you did not list.

So the Bond 24 will depend actually a lot on what the French comedy movies released at that time will do, and if there will be another French blockbuster or not (this year, a French movie is at 12.000.000 viewers). Anyone claiming to be able to predict the French box office without such info would be just betting semi-randomly IMO. Or he's a genius who could be a millionaire in a few years.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    We need some new news right now.
  • Murdock wrote: »
    We need some new news right now.

I completely agree :-)

• Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Where are these news that I crave?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Dying for news, too. Watch - soon we'll get 2 or 3 bits of something confirmed, even if not thru Eon. Or 3 or 4 ... but then we'd explode from the excitement and trying to blog about everything at once; ha!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    (deleted)
    edited September 2014 Posts: 432
    In two months we should have the title, cast and crew confirmed.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Yes, we really need some news urgently! Just so you know I asked a SF crew member whom we know was in negotiations for Bond 24 (not difficult to guess who) if he's really going to work on it. Let's see if we get something.
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2014 Posts: 10,512
    Out of interest, for how many films have people been closely following production, online and in forums? I started with TWINE, although there wasn't an awful lot going on back then. DAD was probably the first where it seemed the internet had become a decent tool for the sharing of info and discussion. I used to crave info, but I'm infinitely more patient nowadays, I'm actually not bothered if I don't hear anything concrete until the new year.
    (deleted)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2014 Posts: 4,459
    So you whant some news...

Brian Popkin is credit as additional music composer for Bond 24 and Bond 25 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4257152/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr18#music_department , This be kind of work what Hans Zimmer did on Transformers 4. Mabey sign that Thomas Newman return, because of complanes he not use Bond theme enough/not can do it alone. David Arnold have Nicholas Dodd.

Also Lisa Royle http://www.imdb.com/name/nm6434822/ is at as Art Department: model maker for Bond 24. http://www.lisaroyle.com/

@M_Balje thank you for your update! As for Tony Lewis, I asked him whether he was working on Bond24 and he answered "Trying to! Watch this space". Let's hope so, I really like him.
    Sandy wrote: »
    @M_Balje thank you for your update! As for Tony Lewis, I asked him whether he was working on Bond24 and he answered "Trying to! Watch this space". Let's hope so, I really like him.
    #

Who is he?

Germanlady wrote: »
    Sandy wrote: »
    #

Who is he?

Music editor for SF (amongst many, great movies) who may or may not be a member here ;)
    OK thanks :)
    Out of interest, for how many films have people been closely following production, online and in forums?

Started with CR and been paying close attention ever since. I know that I probably shouldn't, since there are no surprises left when I actually go to the premiere.

But can't help it. I'm a Bond fan, and months of following the production is also fun.

Maybe I'll stay away from the next clapperboard thread, though.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    M_Balje wrote: »
    So you whant some news...

Brian Popkin is credit as additional music composer for Bond 24 and Bond 25 http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4257152/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cr18#music_department

So far IMDB is the only one to report this, and IMDB isn't 100% reliable. And they've already chosen the "additional music composer" for Bond 25, when they don't even know who the writer or director will be? Unlikely.
  • Michael fassdbender as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, and Michael Shannon as his veteran hitman.
    kcran567 wrote: »
    Michael fassdbender as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, and Michael Shannon as his veteran hitman.

I've heard a few times now that Fassbender is on the future Bond list - and high up. No surprise really. After Craig, I suspect, they'll be after another powerhouse actor.

• WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    Michael fassdbender as Ernst Stavro Blofeld, and Michael Shannon as his veteran hitman.

I've heard a few times now that Fassbender is on the future Bond list - and high up. No surprise really. After Craig, I suspect, they'll be after another powerhouse actor.

I hope he won't play Bond. I don't like him as an actor and he's too old to succed Craig.
  • Walecs wrote: »
    ColonelSun wrote: »

I hope he won't play Bond. I don't like him as an actor and he's too old to succed Craig.

I don't like the Queen, because she's too old to make good decisions :-P.
    You think the press conference will be in early November?

Anyone remember about the websites where the Skyfall title registered?