Feedback and Suggestions V2

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I always stay logged in, but I’m having a problem that seems related. Often, when I try to view my notifications, it says “Invalid CSRF token. Please try again.” I have to reload the page to get it to work.

This probably happens when you leave the browser tab open for a longer time. Then the CSRF token expires. But that's just a guess.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    After having trouble signing in since the upgrade, I just found out that I now have to double click on the "sign in" field. Just putting it out there in case others have experienced the same. Probably a browser issue.

Never mind that. This time it did not help, and took me eleven attempts to get logged in. Am I really the only one? Never had this problem before. Guess I will just stay logged in.

I always stay logged in, but I’m having a problem that seems related. Often, when I try to view my notifications, it says “Invalid CSRF token. Please try again.” I have to reload the page to get it to work.

Something similar happened when I posted a video earlier today. I usually preview it to see if the link works on this site. I then got the message "No draft available" or something to that effect. Refreshing helped. That was another new oddity.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Jeffrey wrote: »

This probably happens when you leave the browser tab open for a longer time. Then the CSRF token expires. But that's just a guess.

This happens literally right after I load the page. Checking notifications is the first thing I do when I come here.
    Probably just some interference from when the camera and microphone get activated.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Having issues signing in as well. Same issue as @Thunderfinger.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Probably just some interference from when the camera and microphone get activated.

That sounds all too like Facebook!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    QBranch wrote: »
    PDF upload test. Took about 2+ minutes to load 14mb.
    Thank you for that.

I still buy video game magazines. Reading an ever-changing website doesn't offer the same experience. Same with newspapers.
    @mattjoes No problem!
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,884
    I might be speaking for quite a few people here when I ask why the 'Hide my online status' privacy function no longer works? Noticed it yesterday when the amount of visible online members was around 100 and I'd never seen it go over 40 prior to the website's update.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,682
    The location shows up twice on user profiles.

I might be speaking for quite a few people here when I ask why the 'Hide my online status' privacy function no longer works? Noticed it yesterday when the amount of visible online members was around 100 and I'd never seen it go over 40 prior to the website's update.
    It's true. The option is still accesible in the profile settings but it's not working.

It's true. The option is still accesible in the profile settings but it's not working.

I've noticed that about the location too.

To be honest I didn't even know that we had a privacy function on this community. I've never used it personally.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

To be honest I didn't even know that we had a privacy function on this community. I've never used it personally.

Max Denbigh likes this post

Max Denbigh likes this post

I C what you mean.
    I've never used it personally.
    Careless.
    I've never used it personally.
    Careless.

I didn't know that it was even there, in my defence! 8-}
    The spammers are coming out. Regulators, mount up!
    So I am to assume it won't be patched in the near future? @MI6
    edited April 2019 Posts: 17,730
    Something that I've noticed (and someone else mentioned it in this thread) is that, for some reason, our Location now shows up twice on our profile.

It's just a small thing, perhaps down to a glitch from the forum upgrade.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Something that I've noticed (and someone else mentioned it in this thread) is that, for some reason, our Location now shows up twice on our profile.

@Dragonpol Before it was corrected (just after the update) the second location showed our actual location based on our IP address. Mine was accurate down to the name of the very small town I live in, so it was kind of creepy.

@Dragonpol Before it was corrected (just after the update) the second location showed our actual location based on our IP address. Mine was accurate down to the name of the very small town I live in, so it was kind of creepy.

Same here. I have locked the doors.

Wow, I didn't know that. Thank goodness that was changed at least. And yes, it is kind of creepy! I assume it was just a glitch, though.
    Look out your window. That's me. Been watching for a while now.

There always seems to be someone out in his garden.

Too scared to join in?
    So, why don't you ask me?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I cant find the desktop site link on the mobile version of the site, any ideas. The link was there after the upgrade though now its vanished.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    I can't upload any photos even after I copy paste the link like I used to before, it doesn't have any option to post it after that, I am using it from my mobile for a while.
    With the upgrade, it is also back to double and triple quoting for me, I see. Going back a page also usually takes me out of the site completely. In other words, a downgrade.
    My PM inbox isn't sending me a notification via email, since the site's update. Anyone else facing this issue? (I've ticked the "Notify me of private messages" by email, in the settings fyi.)

Also, I'm still wondering if the hide status feature is being fixed or not. @MI6
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 19,339
    I have noticed,in the Activity timeline,that there are a lot of newbies joining,all at the same time,no avatars,and exactly the same preferences,ie Favourite Bond novel : -classified-,Favourite Bond film: -classified-,Favourite Bond:-Sean Connery.

All the same,so i'm wondering if these 'accounts' are all dupes from one person,or separate ones from people who know eachother.

The coincidence is too obvious,and I don't like the look of it .

Mods,what do you think ? @DarthDimi @Benny @NicNac @jake24 @Samuel001 @Creasy47 @JamesPage @MI6 @Birdleson @MajorDSmythe et al.
    edited July 2019 Posts: 17,730
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I have noticed,in the Activity timeline,that there are a lot of newbies joining,all at the same time,no avatars,and exactly the same preferences,ie Favourite Bond novel : -classified-,Favourite Bond film: -classified-,Favourite Bond:-Sean Connery.

All the same,so i'm wondering if these 'accounts' are all dupes from one person,or separate ones from people who know eachother.

The coincidence is too obvious,and I don't like the look of it .

Mods,what do you think ? @DarthDimi @Benny @NicNac @jake24 @Samuel001 @Creasy47 @JamesPage @MI6 @Birdleson @MajorDSmythe et al.

I've noticed that myself over the last while, @barryt007. I too am concerned about it. I notice some of the accounts get banned almost straight away, presumably because they post spam or links to rather dodgy looking websites. They all use personal names as their usernames too. Another similarity I notice as well as them all joining at the one time is the details of their locations. It's always separated by a comma dividing the general country from a more specific region. Here are a few examples from the most recent intake to illustrate what I mean:

Austria, Goritz Bei Radkersburg
    Belgium, Moerzeke
    Great Britain, Nantgaredig
    United States, Herington
    Denmark, Kobenhavn K
    Australia, Ivanhoe

As Barry says above, the coincidence is too obvious and I don't like the look of it either. It appears to resemble automated spambots in fact.