Feedback and Suggestions V2

1222324252628»

Comments

  • ResurrectionResurrection You don't need to be an operative to see the obvious
    Posts: 1,183
    I can't upload any photos even after I copy paste the link like I used to before, it doesn't have any option to post it after that, I am using it from my mobile for a while.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Walking the Planck length.
    Posts: 33,842
    With the upgrade, it is also back to double and triple quoting for me, I see. Going back a page also usually takes me out of the site completely. In other words, a downgrade.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Posts: 1,610
    My PM inbox isn't sending me a notification via email, since the site's update. Anyone else facing this issue? (I've ticked the "Notify me of private messages" by email, in the settings fyi.)

    Also, I'm still wondering if the hide status feature is being fixed or not. @MI6
  • barryt007barryt007 With Bond and M in Tokyo,having an interesting experience.
    edited July 19 Posts: 19,066
    I have noticed,in the Activity timeline,that there are a lot of newbies joining,all at the same time,no avatars,and exactly the same preferences,ie Favourite Bond novel : -classified-,Favourite Bond film: -classified-,Favourite Bond:-Sean Connery.

    All the same,so i'm wondering if these 'accounts' are all dupes from one person,or separate ones from people who know eachother.

    The coincidence is too obvious,and I don't like the look of it .

    Mods,what do you think ? @DarthDimi @Benny @NicNac @jake24 @Samuel001 @Creasy47 @JamesPage @MI6 @Birdleson @MajorDSmythe et al.
  • DragonpolDragonpol "Killers be serial, Copperfield material."
    edited July 19 Posts: 13,025
    barryt007 wrote: »
    I have noticed,in the Activity timeline,that there are a lot of newbies joining,all at the same time,no avatars,and exactly the same preferences,ie Favourite Bond novel : -classified-,Favourite Bond film: -classified-,Favourite Bond:-Sean Connery.

    All the same,so i'm wondering if these 'accounts' are all dupes from one person,or separate ones from people who know eachother.

    The coincidence is too obvious,and I don't like the look of it .

    Mods,what do you think ? @DarthDimi @Benny @NicNac @jake24 @Samuel001 @Creasy47 @JamesPage @MI6 @Birdleson @MajorDSmythe et al.

    I've noticed that myself over the last while, @barryt007. I too am concerned about it. I notice some of the accounts get banned almost straight away, presumably because they post spam or links to rather dodgy looking websites. They all use personal names as their usernames too. Another similarity I notice as well as them all joining at the one time is the details of their locations. It's always separated by a comma dividing the general country from a more specific region. Here are a few examples from the most recent intake to illustrate what I mean:

    Austria, Goritz Bei Radkersburg
    Belgium, Moerzeke
    Great Britain, Nantgaredig
    United States, Herington
    Denmark, Kobenhavn K
    Australia, Ivanhoe


    As Barry says above, the coincidence is too obvious and I don't like the look of it either. It appears to resemble automated spambots in fact.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 8,670
    We have here a secret directive from barryt007. Smiert Spamminam.

    "Death to Spammers", Moderator.

    Your name was on Barry's list, too, Dragonpol.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Constipated Caine was not a pretty sight.
    Posts: 3,463
    QBranch wrote: »
    We have here a secret directive from barryt007. Smiert Spamminam.

    "Death to Spammers", Moderator.

    Your name was on Barry's list, too, Dragonpol.

    :))

    "If they have to be banned, I'd rather do it."

    Jokes aside though, I think Barry is on to something.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    edited July 19 Posts: 26,914
    We try to stay vigilant and are on the lookout for repeat IP addresses (how we usually suss out a fraud) or other weird behavior (familiar patterns and infractions). Thanks for being alert @barryt007 , and yes, @Dragonpol , that is why you’ll see many new accounts quietly disappear almost immediately after being opened.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Walking the Planck length.
    Posts: 33,842
    QBranch wrote: »
    We have here a secret directive from barryt007. Smiert Spamminam.

    "Death to Spammers", Moderator.

    Your name was on Barry's list, too, Dragonpol.

    tenor.gif
  • DragonpolDragonpol "Killers be serial, Copperfield material."
    edited July 19 Posts: 13,025
    QBranch wrote: »
    We have here a secret directive from barryt007. Smiert Spamminam.

    "Death to Spammers", Moderator.

    Your name was on Barry's list, too, Dragonpol.

    tenor.gif

    He can have @Dragonpol2.
  • barryt007barryt007 With Bond and M in Tokyo,having an interesting experience.
    Posts: 19,066
    Just forwarding this from @Thunderpussy for any Mods or Chiefs here to help accordingly :

    I'm just re-posting from AJB007 , If anyone could help AndrewBond.

    "Is there anyone here who is also a member of the MI6 Community forum? If so, would you be able to help - I’ve tried creating a login on that forum, but I don’t receive any confirmation emails to verify my address, thus am not able to participate. I tried creating a second login using a different email address (and provider - one iCloud and one Gmail) in case there was a conflict with iCloud, but again no confirmation emails to that address either.

    I can’t seem to find a way of contacting MI6 Community to make them aware of this issue (no email address, I did find an online web form but have had no response using that - maybe more email issues on their side?) so wonder if anyone could post a message there asking them to check if their email verification system is working as it should? Thanks in advance."
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Walking the Planck length.
    Posts: 33,842
    Time to update from "Bond 25" to "No Time To Die" in the "Categories " column.
  • barryt007barryt007 With Bond and M in Tokyo,having an interesting experience.
    Posts: 19,066
    Shouldn't the categories on the left hand side show 'No Time to Die' on it in the Bond film section,rather then Bond 25,now ?
    Just a suggestion.
  • BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    Posts: 26,914
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the categories on the left hand side show 'No Time to Die' on it in the Bond film section,rather then Bond 25,now ?
    Just a suggestion.

    Not a bad idea, but I cannot figure out how to make the change.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 32,219
    That would appear to be something an admin would have to tweak, unless I'm entirely overlooking how to change it. I'll contact one of them to make the change, thanks @barryt007 and @Thunderfinger.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 9,818
    Birdleson wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Shouldn't the categories on the left hand side show 'No Time to Die' on it in the Bond film section,rather then Bond 25,now ?
    Just a suggestion.

    Not a bad idea, but I cannot figure out how to make the change.
    Nothing us mods can do about it as far as I'm concerned. @MI6?
  • Posts: 293
    You guys may want to update some of the category descriptions... "Bond Movies" has this: "James Bond movies from Dr. No to Quantum of Solace"
Sign In or Register to comment.