BondCapCon - No Friggin in the Riggin...Part Deux

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    "Not many moviegoers realize this, but during the pre-production of 1978's Superman, director Richard Donner had cast George Lazenby in the integral part of Jor-El. The acclaimed thespian actor Marlon Brando only took over the role once George officially dropped out of the film, a decision he arrived at after his agent warned him 'this whole Superman thing will never take off.'"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    George-El: "The 'S' stands for sex."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "Why yes, I do look like Sharlto Copley in forty years, thank you for n--oh, that...that wasn't a compliment? Oh, well then."
    edited November 2013 Posts: 28,694
    "George Lazenby had tried for months on end to keep his casting as Jor-El in the Superman reboot quiet, but failed miserably. After leaving set one day, he was swamped by dozens of film journalists who had been waiting outside to see what project he was working on. As he saw the crowd awaiting him, George quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a pair of glasses just as cameras started snapping away, fully believing that they hid his identity from the media."

Media journalist: "George Lazenby! What film is it that you have been working on? The rumors are buzzing and we're all itching for a scoop."

George: "George who? Sorry darling, but I must confess that I have never heard of the bloke before. Though I will admit I am overwhelmingly flattered by this instance of mistaken identity. Now, if you all don't mind, I'm off to work yet another shift at the Daily Planet!"
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 14,037
    500px-Superman_Krypton_Jor-el_movies_Superboy_George_Lazenby_Jorel-superboy.jpg
    A rare photo of Superman's original suit, moments before accidentally throwing it in the front-loader behind him in with the colours.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It is not an S. In my world it stands for "Beer".
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited November 2013 Posts: 12,459
    George did his best when he auditioned for the Emmanuelle film. He tried to hide his shy nature, 007 past, and natural modesty. He decided to just be upfront about everything. Wearing a costume that begged the question, "What's the 'S' for, George?" he danced around the producers and director to the song, "I'm too Sexy (for my Shirt)" while stripping to an S shaped thong - and was immediately hired.
    For the cast New Year's Eve party at the director's bungalow.
    Great captions everyone. I'll judge on Sunday so still some time left for more :-)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 14,037
    "What do you mean, 'nice spit curl'? It's obviously a hook for towing planets."
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    "This never happened to the other fella...he flew away and left me to it!"
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Judging time on this. Apologies for not picking a better photo but thanks for all your entries.

In THIRD PLACE is this from @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7:

George-El: "The 'S' stands for sex."

SECOND PLACE goes to @QBranch with:

A rare photo of Superman's original suit, moments before accidentally throwing it in the front-loader behind him in with the colours.

And the WINNER this week is @Murdock with his brilliant Bond/Supes fusion:

"This Never Happened to the other Kryptonion."

Congrats to @Murdock =D> It's your turn now.
    It wasn't a bad photo, @WilyGalore, just a bit tougher to come up with something really funny. Challenges are nice to have once in a while. :)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited November 2013 Posts: 16,334
    I'm honored. :D
    Here's my photo, continuing with Lazenby.
    Pm51grS.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    "No no, George, that's not how you break the fourth wall."
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm just going to include my own little cap hehe. ;)

George Lazenby in the prequel to Taffin. "MAYBE YOU SHOULD BE LIVING HERRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
    That's a fantastic photo @Murdock.

George would soon regret suggesting he could catch that bullet between his teeth...
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,864
    Lazenby: "I've just ate some pate prepared by Diana Rigg. Burned the bloody gob off me it did!"
    George made his feelings quite clear when a member of the crew asked to borrow his Best of Paul Hogan DVD Collection.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,905
    "God dammit, would someone scratch my back, PLEASE."
    George thought his moustache made him look quite distinguished...until someone held up a mirror.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    It was at this point, where George realised that he shouldn't have eaten that Mutton Vindaloo with exxxtra hot Madras Sauce for lunch.
    Geez, these are already so hilarious! Great work, guys ... I am coming up blank just yet. Okay here is what I first thought of:

George's unusual and unforgettable warm up routine took everyone by surprise as he began by belting out, "The Hills Are Alive... with the Sound of Music!" - yes, the Julie Andrews musical. No one who witnessed this could ever watch that movie again without vivid flashbacks to George singing, complete with numerous turns as he emulated Julie on that mountaintop.
    George was taking the news that Roger Moore had been cast as Inspector Clouseau, very well indeed.
    The old 'tack on the seat' gag still worked, much to George's anger.
    George wasn't a happy camper when he found out he'd lost the part of Magnum P.I. to Tom Selleck: "Tom WHO?! Get him over here and we'll wrestle to see who has the better mustache!!"

OR

The itching powder worked extremely well when sprinkled in George's underwear. It got a better rise out of him than Ms. Rigg had hoped for, actually.

(That was the only kind of rise she wanted from him anyway.) ;)
    Lazenby: "What do you mean Sean Connery's already filming The Offence?!"
    "For the last time, I DON'T WANT YOU TO UPLOAD ANYTHING BY KYLIE MINOGUE TO MY iPOD".
    George was about to attempt a complex backflip, that was until a particularly menacing moth fluttered into his view.
  • George was just in the middle of demonstrating a ballet-infused kata he had developed when he stepped on a tack someone had left in the middle of the dojo.
    It's a little known fact that George Lazenby was actually the understudy for Pierce Brosnan in the James Bond-Gustav Graves sword fight in Die Another Day, as this photo attests.