The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

Was thinking about what i could write regarding SirHenryLeeChaChing? Then i just read another post of his in another thread which got me laughing. All i could say was this.

He tells it like it is! =))
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,494
    @RogueAgent- I do my best to keep it real around here.

I wonder what the feminista would say about my days as a touring musician and the hundreds of "womyn" who objectified me? Was I a chauvinist for indulging myself with every one of them I liked, who were grinnin' while dropping their linen? Nope, just your normal horny guy, strangely enough just like Bond whose exploits like that I noticed at the age of 7 and determined even then to do my very best to be just like that. My Dad was very proud of me :)

I'm sure her horrified opinion of me will never make this thread ;)

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Yes like @RogueAgent I also very much enjoyed your response to that discussion. =D>
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I wonder what the feminista would say about my days as a touring musician and the hundreds of "womyn" who objectified me? Was I a chauvinist for indulging myself with every one of them I liked
    No, Sir Henry. You were sharing yourself with the fans; a sure sign of a noble nature.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Yes! Another toast to SirHenry!
    A man of many talents, and being a touring musician (sounds rather like a troubadour) was one of them ... and he had the 80's "hair band hair" to prove it. ;)

I'm sure he is nicely coiffed these days, too, but I rather doubt it is the same style.
    So, Brady is currently ahead 7-6. 8.5 hours left to vote before we pass the torch on.

Also, something I never stated before: you do NOT have to nominate a member who is currently active on the forums. I understand many people are fond of, for example, @Kerim and if you feel he deserves his week of praise, feel free to nominate him!
    I adore Kerim and miss him terribly. He is witty and kind. I fear he is not well, or in some way incapacitated; because surely he would be participating. He deserves some sort of honorable mention or salute, yes. I'll give some thought to that.

For this week, my vote stands for 0Brady. :)

And, for me, I just want to honestly say that I am really surprised and touched that so many folks have voted for me. It is humbling. I appreciate being part of this forum; it is part of my world - so many good contributors and fine folks indeed.

AND one more salute to SirHenry from me, on this his last day of being saluted (if I am finally getting the timing of this thread right) ~ Sir Henry is no shrinking violet, yet a caring heart shines through. A highly knowledgeable and always interesting Bond fan - and a gourmet cook, too! A rare combination. Here's to you, tomodachi, Henry-san: Kanpai! Cheers!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I would easily have voted for @Kerim in the first weeks on this thread, but I feel that such a legendary member should be here to receive our praises. I only hope that life's joys have driven him farther from this forum, and nothing of the sinister nature. As we have seen previously, some members leave without a note, and head off to greener pastures. If this is indeed the path @Kerim has chosen, I wish him nothing but the best, for it was he who gave us so many great laughs while he was with us.
  • In honor of his recent activity elsewhere on this Forum, I believe SirHenry deserves one last accolade: to be known as @SirHenryLeeChaChing the Troll Slayer. All honor to you SirHenry, and congratulations in advance to your heir apparent, OBrady! Let the praise continue...
    Well, I wasn't around last night at midnight to make the official switch, but the torch is once again passed off to our new honorary member: @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7!

I've no time currently to write a full thing on @Brady but I will say this much: I'm fairly certain he's my favourite member on the forums, 14.5k posts is, well, insane, and kudos to him for reaching such a milestone, I've never been able to have more productive discussions with someone on a forum before, and the man is a genuine good guy to just talk to.

I'll write my full thing in a bit.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 codename White Knight is MI6's most well know spy. He sees more than what the regular eye sees. He's everywhere in more place than Quantum. He enjoys the finer things in life and is very knowledgeable.

Here's to you Brady! ;) :-bd
    Yes, hear hear to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I've always been impressed by the level of his contribution to this forum. The quantity of posts made is always matched by the quality. Thank you for entertaining us so =D>
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 1,817
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, one of the few members over here I would dare to call a friend, for your big passion for Bond, Batman and Sherlock, your elegant commanding of the English language, your disdain towards quantitative rankings, your impressive art skills, and your legendary love for Vesper Lynd, I salute you!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, the one the ladies call Brady. The man is unrivaled, really. As his cold boots step into a seedy nightclub, he gathers the phone numbers of the six most beautiful women there before even placing his drink. In his world, there is no such thing as 'Chuck Norris Facts' or 'The Most Interesting Man In The World Quotes,' there are simply 'Brady Facts' that everyone abides by and understands, because they do not dare to talk down to him. In any occasion, his suit will always be the priciest, instantly standing out in the crowd, his jokes will always be the funniest, getting the most laughs from everyone around, and his athleticism, wit, and strength is unmatched, which is why he hasn't been signed to any professional sports team: they fear he will fire everyone, make the team his own, and win every single game. Rumor has it that the James Bond films and novels are actually just accounts of the life of Brady, and are all 100% fact. The man simply is 007.

Brady, in the two+ years since you and I joined, I've really, really enjoyed getting to know you. Your vocabulary, ideas, artistic abilities, kindness, humor, and overall ability to get to know anyone makes you the textbook definition of someone with an all-around wonderful personality, making it always enjoyable to see a new comment of yours on this site or a new message from you in my Inbox.

You're a rare kind, good sir, who doesn't steer towards what others might call "cool" or the "norm," opting to have a select few best friends, doing what you all love to do, instead of partying, doing drugs, or going to any social occasion that some might deem "popular." If I had a dollar for every person I've met that only does what is popular to be popular, I would be so rich, I would have to start burning stacks of $100's. I really do appreciate someone who can, in turn, appreciate the true friends and entertaining hobbies in their life without taking them for granted. It's hard to come by in a person these days, and to you, sir, I salute you. Thank you for being a good friend.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Whoever has the most posts has to be doing something right and Brady sure is. If ever a new member should look up to someone, it should be him. Top bloke, all round.
    I've had the pleasure of knowing Brady here at MI6 for the past 3 years. I haven't been around here much lately, but he is certainly one of the members it is nice to see continuing to contribute with top marks. Great guy all around from what I gather, very thoughtful, insightful, firm in his opinions and beliefs, but always open to different points of view, which I respect and admire. He has excellent taste in Bond films (FRWL, TB, TLD, CR) and film in general. Finally, he is an excellent artist in his own right, from seeing his fan creations. I look forward to one day seeing a Brady designed official Bond poster. Here's to Brady! Cheers! :)>-
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well well well, look what the cat's dragged in. One sentence no-one will utter when it concearns @OBrady. No sir. Here we have a legend in the making. Classy, stylish and well mannered, fun and entertaining. The great Gatsby didn't dare invite him for not a man at those parties would've gotten another glance from the ladies and the love of Gatsby's life would definately run off just hoping to kiss his foot. It is whispered his coming was predicted by Nostradamus. All we know is, he's called @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. And we thank him for it.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Congratulations @0BradyM0Bondfanatic for a thoroughly deserved Friday salute, You are one of those elite members whose posts I always read with great anticipation and relish, you exude authority and confidence both as a Bond fan and a forum member and are a great force for good on this community. Your intelligence and wit shines through every post and your artistic skills are very impressive, but what I admire most about you is the patience, kindness and encouragement that you bestow on other members regardless of their abilities, contributions or standing in the community, you have always been encouraging to me, and as someone who finds these sort of forums daunting to say the least, I'm extremely grateful to those words of kindness and support you have given me. I genuinely mean it when I say it's people like you that keep me returning and contributing to this site, enjoy this week @Brady you thoroughly deserve it!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    My salute to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic oregonian_martini.gif.
    Fellow Holmesian, artist extraordinaire, master of the written word and all together good guy. Brady exists because a world without Brady would be a world without interest, without charm, without wit.
    Seriously, I can count by the fingers of one hand the people who will get my first votes, and although I gave my vote to someone else he was one of those people so I'm genuinely happy to salute my friend (and I do not use this word lightly) Brady :)
    Cheers to Brady! One of the finest members of any forum, no doubt ~ a true gentleman, a talented artist and writer, a good friend to his friends, and someone who stands up for what he believes in. I enjoy his posts for many reasons. I know before I read any comment from him that he will be one or more of the following: articulate, funny, intelligent, open-minded, passionate about what he believes in, caring and humble. He has a good head on his shoulders, as my family liked to say as a high compliment. For a relatively young person, he is finely attuned, mature, and has already developed into a well-rounded, conscientious, thoroughly decent bloke. I always look forward to his posts. I feel that I have a real friend in Brady, even though we have never actually met. I'm more than happy to salute him this week. Grand Bond Fan = @0BradyM0Bondfanatic. Here's to you!

Oop! And sorry to let the cat out of the bag so to speak. But I just discovered your secret photo shoot with Eva, Brady, for a Lancome print ad and just have to share it: [urlhttp://ts2.explicit.bing.net/th?id=H.4763377603576081&pid=15.1][/url]

Last, but not least: holmesicon.png
    Dear Brady, the game is afoot! Your fellow (and sister) Sherlockians also salute you! One doesn't have to be named Holmes to deduce that you have a bright and shining future ahead of you. I wish you all the best, always. Your essays on Holmes are a genuine delight, as your fine artwork (you do have some real talent!). I look forward to a lovely Holmesian journey with you, on our literary thread as well as our Bonded world. (Exit now to lovely violin music played by Benedict Cumberbatch ...) ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    You have been with us for quite a while now and the forum wouldn't have been quite the same without you. You contribute a lot and you make each post count. Your stuff is insightful and a pleasure to read. When I remind myself of your age, I'm always stunned by the level of maturity and brightness you display.
    So when it's time to salute you, I will salute you! And since this is the time, here's my salute to you, 0Brady, a good friend, a wonderful member of this community and a fine person!

salute.jpg
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Whoever has the most posts has to be doing something right and Brady sure is. If ever a new member should look up to someone, it should be him. Top bloke, all round.

Can't put it any better than that really. He's a nice bloke and he's very intelligent and talented.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 2,400
    As I've nothing but absolute respect and admiration for @Brady, it is his wishes that he shares the spotlight with @Murdock this week and I have decided to grant him that request. I think for this reason I may extend this round to two weeks, however I will make my final decision on Tuesday in that regard. The past few days have been rough for Murdock, as Brady pointed out to me, and I think we'd all be in agreement that now's a better time than ever to uplift him by reminding him that he's part of the family here and that his innumerable contributions to the forums and as a Bond fan are very, very much appreciated.
    I don't know what happened to @Murdock but if he needs a bit of support right now this is the least I can do. He is a talented young man, a kind heart and a true Bond fan. Whatever may have happened don't forget that time is the best healer. Stay strong and whenever you need we are here for you.
    Awwww I have to say I am absolutely touched and honored by this. Thank you @Brady and @StirredNotShaken The amount of kindness and support people have been giving me and my family have been touching in the time of my father's passing. I'd like to thank the wonderful people of this forum for welcoming me into this fabulous place where I and others can discuss James Bond and everything else. so thank you for allowing me to share the Spotlight. :)
    I am happy to keep saluting Brady (there is much to say!) - and I'm also very happy to salute a very special, kind, bighearted, great, and talented Bond fan named @Murdock. So here's to you, too, Murdock! You certainly deserve our recognition and appreciation, also. You are a big part of this forum. And Brady is right, this is a good time for us to show our appreciation of you. I am happy for you to know how much we enjoy you being part of our MI6 community. You participate in so many threads, and you always have a great attitude. Your enthusiasm for Bond is infectious, and you have a real talent for making Bond props! I don't know how you do it, but I am always interested to see your work. Thanks very much, Murdock, for being here with us on this Bondian journey. Cheers! :-bd
    Murdock wrote:
    Awwww I have to say I am absolutely touched and honored by this. Thank you @Brady and @StirredNotShaken The amount of kindness and support people have been giving me and my family have been touching in the time of my father's passing. I'd like to thank the wonderful people of this forum for welcoming me into this fabulous place where I and others can discuss James Bond and everything else. so thank you for allowing me to share the Spotlight. :)

Now I understand, please accept my deepest condolences @Murdock.
    Thank you @Sandy. I must say, the time me and Brady spent in Tokyo was interesting. I think the most fun part was stealing a helicopter with the magnet on it and fetching and dropping random objects around different places.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Murdock Wesley, man, I'm so sorry. I lost my Mom at around the same age. Cherish the good memories; part of him will always be alive in you, bro.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    There's really nothing I can say about @Murdock that others wouldn't notice by instantly talking to him: kind, creative, enjoyable to interact with, and most of all, a lover of GE, which is amazing in my book. To this day, I'm still impressed by his excellent recreations of Bond gadgets, and enjoy watching his Youtube films. @Murdock, you're a bright, respectful person, and I always appreciate getting to talk to you, whether it's Bond related or not. Always keep your head up, friend, and anytime you need me, I'm here for you.