The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Thanks again to everyone for such a great week, and for @Murdock, a hell of a chap who I enjoyed sharing it with. :)

As for this week, I shall cast my vote for @DarthDimi.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Thank you for the pleasure of sharing the spotlight with me. I'm very honored. :)
  • She came so close last time. This time for sure! @4EverBonded.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    She came so close last time. This time for sure! @4EverBonded.

I concur!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'm voting for @4EverBonded one again (and thanks for the vote)!
  • I'll vote the last runner-up @4EverBonded.
  • Make it three for @4EverBonded
    My vote goes to @4EverBonded who currently leads by a significant margin.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'll throw my weight behind the lovely @4EverBonded too!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is honestly humbling ... and I don't know what to say, except a sincere thank you; no matter who wins this round, I truly appreciate the votes I have gotten.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    This is honestly humbling ... and I don't know what to say, except a sincere thank you; no matter who wins this round, I truly appreciate the votes I have gotten.
    Well, that aint all as yet, 'couse my vote goes to you too!
    @4EverBonded's my vote.

• edited November 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I'm already writing down all my wonderful thoughts about my best friend here on this site, she looks like a shoo-in already :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Just so we can get going: @4EverBonded and why? Because she's something I didn't think any Bond forum would be lucky enough to have. A woman that's seen Bond from nearly the beginning. We're lucky to have you, so stay for us!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited October 2013 Posts: 7,965
    Our lady from the Orient, wise, witty and fun! Her words are worth their weight in gold! Ever supporting Brosnan until all Brosnan-bashers find they're tired out, she still stands like a modern-day Jeanne d'Arc on the barricades, waving the Pierce-flag. What can we do but be thankfull she graces these forums with her presence.

My dear @4EverBonded, I salute you!!

• edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @4EverBonded is the kindest member I've met on here. She's one of the only members who's name I see pop up regularly who's never insulted or argued with somebody and she has something nice to say about every Bond. She's also one of the original fans so that alone gets her lots of respect from me, and she lives in Japan, which is pretty cool. A very kind and funny woman that we're lucky to have.
    @4EverBonded, you are a kind, smart and respectful member. Your elegant manners should become a guide for all us here. And as it's been previously said, your current location gives you an remarkable and exciting feature! My salute goes to you!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @4EverBonded is a great lady! Though we live on opposite sides of the globe, during conversations it feels like we live next door of each other. 4ever is smart and experienced, but most of all she has a good hart, is forgiving and kind, and she continues to shower me with good advice, which I truly appreciate.

4Ever, I'm bonded to you - forever.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,786
    What can I add? Well, did you know, for instance, that the word "lovely" was invented with her in mind? @4EverBonded is a very classy lady - a true exemplar Christian, erudite, wise, helpful and polite. She's learned me a lot about Japan where she teaches English. She is always ready to offer well-intentioned good advice and she is one of my favourite members here.

I hope one day she gets to visit Ireland and I'll gladly give her a tour. I always enjoy a PM from her on this and that and we have great chats. @4EverBonded, I salute you girl. You're one of a kind and more than a match for us men! This is your time - enjoy it as you more than deserve it!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @4EverBonded one of the nicest people you'll meet on this forum. Happy to give advice to anyone and everyone. She is someone who is willing to give comfort to anyone during the bad times and for that. I salute you.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    What can I say about @4EverBonded? She is a lady, always respectful and gentle. She is adorable like a sakura in full bloom! Our friend in the land of the rising sun, one whom we can always count on. She is a true Bond fan and a true friend to those who are lucky to get to know her a little bit better. This forum is lucky to have such a member and I am very proud to be able to call her friend.

For all of this and much more I salute you. A toast! oregonian_martini.gif
    @4EverBonded. I haven't had much time to get to know you since I joined this forum in July but you do strike me as one of the kindest, level headed and respectful members on this site. Congrats on your recognition from all the other members here. =D>
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I am pretty much at a loss for words ... and if you know me, that is kind of an unusual state for me. Not that I am highly talkative in person (I am not; rather laid back, actually) - but I usually can find words when I want to write something. Not easy today.

Just waking up and starting to check threads as usual. But to wake up to all of this - your many kind words of appreciation - has rather stunned me. In a good way, for sure; but this is really humbling, to be honest.

I know I am not one of the more colorful, strongly memorable members on this forum. But I try to participate wholeheartedly, though, and I try to be honest in what I say. Because I do love my Bond (and my Sherlock). I am a pretty much lifelong Bond fan. My friends in my life outside of this forum, ones I have had for nearly forty years even, can tell you that I have always raved and chatted and been very excited indeed about this character called James Bond. And with every Bond film that has come out since 1971 (my first cinema experience of Bond) I have extolled its virtues or flaws to friends far and wide, ad nauseum - many of whom had only one tenth of the interest in Bond that I have. I even threw a Beatles/James Bond Birthday Bash in 2000. So, yes I am an Original on here (based on SirHenry's fine thread) and a confirmed Bond fan for life. But this forum gives me more than just a place to talk about Bond (though that is such a fun, big part of it!). I think my username says a lot about me. ;)

So when I say that this MI6 forum has become part of my life, I mean that sincerely and in the very best way. I have - to my surprise and delight since October 2011 - made some genuine friends here. I have found this place to be a genuinely welcoming, entertaining, thought provoking, interesting, and enjoyable place to spend a part of my life. I have never belonged to any forum before. I don't even really read forums in general, although I do read plenty on the internet and eagerly read tons of books. I look forward every day to all of your comments, thoughts, recommendations, and for sure wit. You make me smile, and often laugh out loud. We can agree, disagree, and poke fun at each other. And a real friend is only a PM away. If that isn't a genuinely positive thing to have in life, I don't know what is.

What else can I say? Ah yes, I do know the answer to that:

Thank you. Thank you, my friends.

I am 4EverBonded ~ signing off for now, but for ready for action any time duty and a mission calls.
    bfbb5ae0f71bb78c1682efd146f26337.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @4EverBonded. I haven't had much time to get to know you since I joined this forum in July but you do strike me as one of the kindest, level headed and respectful members on this site.
    Yes, I agree, she's the best of the best here.
    =D>
  • 4EverBonded is a great member here. She's never combative, even when discussing issues that can make even the best at MI6 snippy. She's an original and has given us the same wonderful insight from years of experience on her thread. She also has a unique perspective as a female fan of Bond on here, but as I stated earlier, she's never overly aggressive about it. She lives in Japan, which is pretty cool. And if I might close by quoting a certain past member here, she's, "a good Christian woman".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would love to come over to Japan and have a sake or a coffee with you some day. :\">
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I welcome all MI6 members to Japan! I'd love for anyone to come visit! It is an amazing country, for sure ~ unique culture, fantastic food, some stunning nature. And Ken Watanabe - which makes me happy. ;)

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto ... I mean: Yes, please come visit ya'll.

I've had sake once - in America - and I had it warm, enjoyed it just a little because it was a bit strong for me. But I am a big tea drinker. Chai is my favorite (not Japanese, I know) but I do like matcha tea once in a while. That's the incredibly strong green stuff that's whisked in a bowl. But I could eat sushi every day.

Ashamed to say I do not speak Japanese yet. I want to learn basic Japanese. I know plenty of expressions. To be honest, I could easily live here another ten years and not need to speak the language. But I'd like to communicate better with my friends here.

Anyway, "ganbatte!" everybody. You are all "suhgoy." :)>-
    ("go for it!" and "amazing/fantastic!")
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Japanese word of the day
    Habaga-hamburger
    Actually, they usually never say the "er" - I don't know why.
    They say it like the city in Germany: "Hamburg."
    But I do teach my students to say the full word.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @4EverBonded is a true gem of this community, 'nuff said =D>
    @4EverBonded is a true gem of this community, 'nuff said =D>

Short and sweet...and true!