The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

Now is the time to vote for the lovely @4EverBonded's successor.

Out of left field, I'm voting for @Kerim. I wasn't a member of the forums when he was around but I have been greatly entertained by the posts I've seen by him and would love to hear everyone's tributes who knows him personally.

To 4EverBonded, I think you are an invaluable member of these forums. I think perhaps you should open your mind to George's Bond but other than that you are very intelligent and well-spoken and a valuable contributor to the site.

In particular I want to thank you for the support you showed me after the flagging incident. I needed someone to vent to and you allowed me to give my side of the story while also allowing me to let out some of those frustrations out. Sincerely, thank you.
  • It is entirely right and proper that we come to this thread and salute the First Lady of MI6, @4EverBonded. Enthusiastic, well-spoken, unfailingly level-headed and polite, @4Ever is a friend to us all and a fan of the highest degree. And yes, it is immensely cool that she lives in Japan: for her every day is a chapter in You Only Live Twice (once for the real world and once for the internet.) Here's to you, @4Ever! If I ever find myself in Japan there's one place I KNOW I'll be going, and if you find yourself in the SF Bay area I trust you'll be looking me up as well!

As as far as her successor: that is a wonderful suggestion, @StirredNotShaken and I am happy to second it. All for @Kerim say Aye!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Aye!

(for @Kerim, that is!)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I never knew him as I wasn't a member here back then but I'll happily give @Kerim my support too in the hope he will come back into the fold of MI6 Community.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,494
    Time to express my thoughts on my dear @4EverBonded, who is many wonderful things all rolled up into one awesome human being. Many of my thoughts about her echo hers about me, to say the least.

- Also a major contributor to this site, she has more posts than I do which certainly proves that.

- A lady Bond fan, and no less than an original from a time where there were far less of them than there are now. And I'm sure she heard negative views about her love of the films and the whole phenomenon during a time when feminism was budding into what it has become today. Yet, it never swayed her, which shows me her greatest attribute, her strength of mind and sense of who she is. That cannot be measured in a society now dominated by "political correctness".

- A teacher of children. Past being a good parent, I believe that there is no greater influence in a child's life than that of their teacher(s), who assume many of those responsibilities during the school day. Being a positive influence, cautioning against bad behavior, these are things a good parent does. To me, it is the most important job someone who isn't a parent can have in their adult life, being a positive influence on a young and impressionable human being. I greatly valued certain teachers in my life and will never forget how they influenced me in positive ways. I wish 4Ever could have been a teacher for my own children. America's loss is Japan's gain, and I have no doubt that the parents of her Japanese pupils love her as much as we all do!

- A person of faith. And one that represents her religion in a positive and exemplary manner. While so many of her faith routinely twist and distort basic tenets into negatives, she represents the positive and judges people by the content of their character, even if their views are contrary to her own, because that is the true essence of what her faith teaches.

- An animal lover. Her kindnesses extend to all of Earth's creatures, which also mirrors my own and that of many I greatly respect.

- A wonderful sense of humor. Indeed, she makes me laugh often.

And last but not least of all, even more than just being my best pal here- and maybe I've just coined a new Henryism here-MY SISTER FROM ANOTHER MISTER! J-girl, baby you're the best :) =D>

From your brother from another mother, wishing you a wonderful day as always!

Sir Henry
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @4EverBonded is just a collection of things: kind, helpful, easy to get along with, great to talk to, and incredibly generous. You're a fantastic addition to the forums, and this praise you receive right now? You deserve it all the time. Thank you! :-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I vote for @DarthDimi! :)
    Vote is 4-1 for Kerim over DarthDimi currently.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He's been voted the best mod in the past, I say he receives more well-deserved praise. My vote goes to @DarthDimi, as well.
    As I wasn't around when Kerim was on here, I'll give my vote to @DarthDimi
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do want thank some individuals here soon, but I am in such a hurry to leave and I cannot check the forum at work. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments!! I sincerely appreciate them.

For voting, I do believe DarthDimi greatly deserves this honor and I will vote for him relatively soon as he is on my list for sure - as are some other wonderful folks on here.

But for today, I am following my heart and voting for @Kerim. I realize newer members (since Jan 2013) may not remember Kerim, but since it is allowed, I am voting for him wholeheartedly today. Kerim: one of the wittiest, most charming, and full of good character folks ever on any Bond forum, I am sure. (I sadly feel he may not read our words, but I am still voting for him today.)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    She is the only woman who hasn't succumbed to the charms of George Lazenby. When asked what her favorite hobbies are, she responded that they were reading, walking her dog, and enjoying the beautiful sights of Japan...but only after she mentioned saving the world from the brink nuclear war, saving an ambassador's life during an assassination attempt with nothing but a spoon and toothpick, and fighting galactic battles with aliens who have evil designs to take over Earth for their own profit, all of which she accomplishes before breakfast. She sent Aphrodite running from Olympus in tears when her charms wooed every man in the room to fall for her, deeming those of the goddess of love completely useless.

After spending only one day with her in the Bahamas, Sir Sean Connery is quoted to have said "If shhe washn't sho young, I'd conshider making shome shweet, shweet love with her." Sir Sean then went on to try and squeeze her behind, much to her frustrations. <a href="http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5501/10267004986_66b3eede51_o.jpg">Once you search "gentleman" in Google and find a picture of Roger Moore</a>, you will find a link sending you to the definition of "lady", where her picture will be. She has defeated Sherlock Holmes a myriad of times, twice in a chess game, thrice in a boxing match, four times while in disguise, and has managed to escape the clutches of the great detective and Scotland yard at least five times, if the papers are to be trusted. The only reason you never read about it in Watson's accounts is because Holmes has threatened him with an eviction from 221B if a single word of it gets published to the press.

She's the biggest thing to hit Japan since those used panty machines and Hello Kitty, and at least you don't have to house train her or teach her not to urinate on the carpet. While it is a commonly held belief to circle letter C when uncertain about a test question, she always answers B, and gets it correct every time. When tasked with disarming a ticking bomb and given either the red, blue or yellow wires to cut, she simply stares the device down with a glare Batman would applaud and it defuses itself. She is the Alpha, the Omega, and a whole bunch of other letters that haven't even been discovered in the Greek alphabet yet. She's @4EverBonded, and she supports this message.

To put it simply, @4EverBonded is an instrumental member of this community, not only as a Bond fan, but as a sister of the Baker Street Bibliophiles. She is a kind-hearted human being that never raises her voice and is always ready to give her hand in assistance to any man, woman or animal for that matter. I value her opinions, relish in her creative feedback on my art and writing, and cherish any and all advice she wisely delivers to my ears. She's one of the people who makes you smile when reading her posts, which are alway constructive and never overly-critical. She is greatly open-minded, stands by what she loves and fights for those beliefs to the death even against all odds, and is one hell of a woman for it. For all her past and future contributions to this forum (including keeping us men in line), she is more than worthy of a salute. Here's to @4Everanawesomehumanbeingthatweareallluckytoknowandwouldbeevenmorefortunatetomeetinreallifebecausesheissocool, or simply @4EverBonded if you want her abridged username.

^:)^
  • I think I'll vote for @Samuel001 this week.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Wow, that's a pleasant surprise. Even though I doubt he'll win this week, I'll return the favour and vote for @thelivingroyale.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Thanks :) You deserve it, especially because of all the old threads you've found.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I am all for the @Kerim loving, but why praise a wonderful member such as him when he isn't even here to receive them? It just doesn't make much sense to me, that's all. Once again, I choose @DarthDimi.
    5-4 still to Kerim.
  • I'll vote for @DarthDimi. I agree with Brady; it's better to celebrate members who are still here. Should Kerim show up out of the blue, I'd fully support making him the next honoree.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 19
    I haven't been here long but from what I've seen 4EverBonded is a great poster and long may it continue! Hear hear

Put me down for a vote to @DarthDimi
  • I am all for the @Kerim loving, but why praise a wonderful member such as him when he isn't even here to receive them? It just doesn't make much sense to me, that's all. Once again, I choose @DarthDimi.

My thanks to @OBrady for another "Most Interesting" Salute. As far as making sense of the voting -- it's Halloween. I'm willing to honor those passed from our midst. Darth Dimi is of course a most worthy recipient of our praise. If he's still eligible next week I'll happily vote for him then.

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying there @BeatlesSansEarmuffs, but I get your sentiments at this, the witching hour :)
    Time for me to give some more sincere thanks:
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you have left me breathless. What can I say? First of all, I appreciate your very kind comments, I truly do. And as for having a friend on this forum, you are definitely one of my friends, my dear fellow Baker Street Bibliophile. I look forward to sharing the Holmesian path we shall continue to trod in the future as we delve into every Arthur Conan Doyle story and drool over the BBC series, Sherlock.

But, ahem, talk about letting the cat out of the bag!
    Yes, my baritsu and ninja training have come in handy on more than one occasion. And yes, saving the ambassador's life was accomplished quickly with a minimum of risk (I learned the toothpick maneuver from my ninja sensei) ... but that was my former job. Now I am a mild-mannered kindergarten teacher. B-)

And, yes, I adore animals, good friends, reading, the outdoors including Japan's glorious scenery, and men (you forgot to mention Guinness) - along with my lifelong loves, Holmes and Bond. But geez, I didn't realize that Sir Sean had spoken to you about our rendezvous in the Bahamas! I couldn't give him my full attention at that time due to a previous commitment with Pierce. He needed to brush up on a little Japanese. 8-> Sigh ... er, *cough* where was I? Oh yes. Life has been good to me, I cannot complain. (By the way, Sean and I worked out our frustrations later, in a cottage near a loch.) ;)

Thanks again, Brady, my chum. Your salutes are amazing, to put it mildly - I consider myself a very lucky gal indeed to have been given a special Brady salute.
    ^:)^
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Time to express my thoughts on my dear @4EverBonded, who is many wonderful things all rolled up into one awesome human being. Many of my thoughts about her echo hers about me, to say the least.

- Also a major contributor to this site, she has more posts than I do which certainly proves that.

- A lady Bond fan, and no less than an original from a time where there were far less of them than there are now. And I'm sure she heard negative views about her love of the films and the whole phenomenon during a time when feminism was budding into what it has become today. Yet, it never swayed her, which shows me her greatest attribute, her strength of mind and sense of who she is. That cannot be measured in a society now dominated by "political correctness".

- A teacher of children. Past being a good parent, I believe that there is no greater influence in a child's life than that of their teacher(s), who assume many of those responsibilities during the school day. Being a positive influence, cautioning against bad behavior, these are things a good parent does. To me, it is the most important job someone who isn't a parent can have in their adult life, being a positive influence on a young and impressionable human being. I greatly valued certain teachers in my life and will never forget how they influenced me in positive ways. I wish 4Ever could have been a teacher for my own children. America's loss is Japan's gain, and I have no doubt that the parents of her Japanese pupils love her as much as we all do!

- A person of faith. And one that represents her religion in a positive and exemplary manner. While so many of her faith routinely twist and distort basic tenets into negatives, she represents the positive and judges people by the content of their character, even if their views are contrary to her own, because that is the true essence of what her faith teaches.

- An animal lover. Her kindnesses extend to all of Earth's creatures, which also mirrors my own and that of many I greatly respect.

- A wonderful sense of humor. Indeed, she makes me laugh often.

And last but not least of all, even more than just being my best pal here- and maybe I've just coined a new Henryism here-MY SISTER FROM ANOTHER MISTER! J-girl, baby you're the best :) =D>

From your brother from another mother, wishing you a wonderful day as always!

Sir Henry

My dear @SirHenryLeeChaChing ~ you have just about made me speechless. But I'll try to thank you properly. Your kind words mean a lot to me. I especially love the parts I bolded. You know what kind of faith I have. And yes, I appreciate the nod to TSWLM; one of my favorite Bond films and it happens to be my favorite Bond theme, too.
    So yeah, I'm your sister from another mister! Yeah, baby! Not a twisted one, either. Not a huge metal fan (so, you see, I do have my faults), but I've got a rock-n-roll soul 4Ever, and I appreciate all the musical knowledge, tidbits, and great musical vibe you bring to our forum and to my friendship with you. You put the swing in "cha-ching"! You are my closest friend on this forum, someone I hope to meet some day for real, and I dearly appreciate our camaraderie and friendship. You make me think, smile, and for sure laugh.
    Fittingly, I'll end on a musical note now. I'd like to sing the Natalie Merchant song for you - but you know it, so you can just sing along in your head, okay? Thank you ... SirHenry. :)>-
    Here, I'll start you off with the beginning of her lyrics, which I do find appropriate:
    You've been so kind and generous
    I don't know why you keep on giving
    For your kindness I'm in debt to you
    For your selflessness--my admiration
    For everything you've done
    You know I'm bound--I'm bound to thank you for it
    lalalalalalala ...
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    This week I'll give my vote to my super-awesome colleague going by the name @DarthDimi
  • Much as I'd like to, I cannot vote for Kerim. @DarthDimi for me as well.
    @DarthDimi. Failing that, @Dragonpol.
    Well, time to switch. With a sudden upset, @DarthDimi is our member of the week.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm honoured, folks! Thank you. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:

This is one thread you won't be locking ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:

This is one thread you won't be locking ;-)

Inb4... oh wait...

In all seriousness, @DarthDimi is yet another integral part of these forums. A longer writeup is to come shortly.