The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @DarthDimi, the eater of worlds, the ruler of planets, the master of exquisite attire and gorgeous women.

Just getting to know you through both PM's and your comments on here really goes to show that you are one kind, helpful gentleman. Just look at your profession: a teacher, with a penchant for science and helping those who are bullied or need assistance in some way. That is the textbook definition of someone who I would love to know in real life, and you fit the bill perfectly. And with this attitude, I can't think of anyone that would be better suited to be a teacher. It fits you splendidly, and I can only bet that you give your job 110%.

Even when it comes to being on here, you handle your mod and member duties in such a great way that I never feel like you're a domineering force out to get everyone: you're so down to earth and it makes you incredibly easy to talk to on any level, especially horror films, because you have one hell of a good taste in scary flicks, my good friend!

So, to you, Dimi, I say you're one of the best members on these threads, and with your personality and the way you treat and stand up for others, I don't see how someone could find you unlikable. I'm happy to have you as one of the moderators, and I enjoy all of the moments I get to talk to you on here. Don't ever change, you're one in a million, and just like all of the others so far, not only do you deserve all this praise right now, but you deserve it any other time. Thank you!!
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Damn, how could I miss this thread. Belated congratulations to all the members, especially @SirHenryLeeChaChing, who gave me some very kind words about a year ago.

@DarthDimi - how fortunate I discovered this thread just in time! A proper gent, someone I use to check if my threads are good enough, and a horror fan to boot.

Simply put Dimi, you are a legend.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,813
    @DarthDimi, I like your no-nonsense style and I enjoy your fair treatment of all members on the board. I also enjoy coming up with arguments to help persuade you to re-open a thread here and there too(!) But in all sincerity, you do a great job as a moderator here and I pay tribute to you this week for all of the hours you put in to make MI6 Community what it is - the best on the net as well as the most friendly. I raise my hat to you sir; enjoy the praise as it's much deserved! And anyone who can put it up the trolls like you can gets my vote all day long.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 12,837
    @DarthDimi Is clever, funny, and he has great taste in films (especially slasher flicks). He always listens and treats people fairly and he always does his best to help members. He's done a fantastic job getting rid of trolls recently too. Plus he's a Dalton fan which is always a good thing :)
    All hail @DarthDimi. Apart from having perhaps the best username on this site, he is also responsible for one of my favourite ever threads. As already echoed, he treats people with respect and will give them a kindly reminder if they stray too far from the house rules. But he does also know when to put the boot in to remove some unwanted trolls, and to that we will be forever grateful :-)
    I feel as if @DarthDimi is more like a secondary admin than a mod based on the level of involvement he's had with the forums; also, the Bond "lists" thread is IMO the best thread on the entire forum and the thread I've had more input into than even my own threads. He knows how to rally MI6 together as one and the lists thread is just one example of that.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @DarthDimi, possibly the greatest spy in the world. He is everywhere and most call him a problem eliminator. He's also a kind and good friend. If you slip up, He'll let you know in the most polite way. Him and well all the mods can get stuck with a handful of nuisances, but he's there to help take care of any inconveniences that we might face. He's also a respected educator. You also bring the community together and make us laugh. I especially like the story you told about you and your girlfriend seeing a movie at @Sandy's suggestion. That gave me a chuckle. Here's to DarthDimi. I salute you. :)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm at a loss for words, folks! Thank you for the kind comments. :-)

I've been with this forum since '05 and it's grown on me like a second home. I know where the bar is, where I can sit down on a cosy couch with the finest souls on the planet, where I find the good food and all that comes with it. So yes, I will not give up so easily when a spammer, troll or tramp walks in uninvited. This place must remain clean, for I intend to spend many more happy years being a member here.

But I can't do it alone and by all means I am not doing it alone. All the troll devastating praise needs to be spread out evenly amongst all the mods. Even more so, since introducing IMF, we've noticed how many members work from that principle in so loyal a way we, ourselves, are truly amazed. So troll hunting isn't something I accomplish successfully all by myself, it's something we all contribute to!

Please accept my deepest gratitude for the wonderful words you have dropped in this thread. You have certainly made my day! :-)
    I'd just like to say that i dont know anybody here as well as you guys all know each other, but i love this place and i especially enjoy taking part in DarthDimi's 'Use a line from a Bond film when...', which is great fun and long may it continue - thanks DarthDimi :-)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Been away for one day and missed the voting this week. Well, it is time for me to salute @DarthDimi. I think we should always judge the strength of a friendship not by it's ups but for how much it goes up after having been down. In that sense I think Dimi and I are in for a long and strong friendship, because when faced with a test it resisted stoically. He's a mod, a contributor, and a firefighter of sorts. A troll hunter of the first degree! A man of science and therefore a brother.

To Dimi! martinismiley.gif
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Quite the forum member @DarthDimi is. Always one for thinking up new topics and in part, keeping this place going. Great to talk to, you know when asked he'll get something done and a Grade A moderator, well like every mod here really. Leading the way and not taking any crap. It is not surprise he was awarded that rank when he was, all that time ago.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ah, my good friend @DarthDimi, a forum veteran by any definition. I've been a member here for more than 8 years now, and in that time, I have never seen Dimi be anything less than a friendly and intelligent cornerstone of this forum. And on top of it all, Dimi is as big a horror fan as one could get. If Freddy Krueger could salute (without stabbing himself in the eye), he'd be saluting right now.
  • RC7RC7
    A bastion of diplomacy. A man with qualities to be revered. A man with whom sharing a pint would be very enjoyable, I imagine.
    A worthy and NICE member of this site.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Just waking up now (different time zone than nearly everyone, I think!) ~ so a few hours late to say my final thanks to everyone who were were so kind to me. It was great fun, and I appreciate your warm comments very much.

Now for DarthDimi ~ Despite his rather formidably scary/strange username, I have found him to be rather the opposite: warm, welcoming, encouraging, intelligent, thoughtful, caring, funny, and very involved. A super mod, but more than that. He brings a good deal of balance and fairness to this forum. He participates fully -sometimes it feels like he is always on guard for us. Amiable and always up for a debate, he also gives us very amusing, hilarious threads. Thanks! A treat to have here, a fine teacher, and a genuinely nice person, too. We are lucky to have you, DarthDimi. Many tributes to come, I am sure! B-)

And a major Dalton fan, yes. Timothy just let me know, he's got your back, Dimi.

th?id=H.4623967293146107&pid=15.1
    DarthDimi is very polite, smart, friendly, and above all a true Bond fan. It's always nice to speak to you on the threads. Thank you for introducing me to the work of Michio Kaku.
    Now, work-wise, you've proven yourself to be a "troll eliminator", and that's deeply appreciated.
    @DarthDimi, you're a hell of a field moderator!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2013 Posts: 17,691
    And a major Crow fan! DD, you ROCK!
    Thank you, friends. You make me feel special. :-)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,976
    Somewhere in the galaxy there's a place, which is famous for it's beers and friendly people. A place which radiates warmth as it radiates from one single person living there. When one drop of his awesomeness fell on a human baby, Jean Claude van Damme was born. The government of this place long ago fell apart, there was no need anymore, all knew they had the truth, righteousness and civility in human form living amongst them. Horror films were invented just to let the rest of the world know what would happen if you turned against him. His name is seldomly mentioned, as there's no need. When anyone talks of science, righteousness or the future it's understood one talks of him.

His name? @DarthDimi of course!

@Darth, I'm honoured to know you through these forums. All those years now you've been friendly, caring, entertaining and fighting the good fight, time, andt time, and time again! People like you, teachers with their heart in the right place will guarantee a good future for mankind.. I have no doubt in years to come one of your pupils will rise to astonishing hights in science, and we all will know it was because you inspired him/her!
    I'm sure I don't deserve this, @CommanderRoss. Thank you. :\">
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm sure I don't deserve this, @CommanderRoss. Thank you. :\">

So am I right that you're a teacher in real-life, @DarthDimi?
    I sure am, sir. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I sure am, sir. ;-)

Well done. I take it you teach science, then?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Well I have to say Dimi is one of the reasons I come to Mi6 on a daily basis. He was around on the old forum before I joined. If I recall he signed up several months before me. Over time we have built a cyber friendship that although we have never met, I know we would get along, you're a great bloke. Fair and level headed, with the ability to bring calm back to any discussion. But most of all you make visiting the forum fun. I hope one day we can sit down and enjoy a drink and a chat, until that day comes, and I hope that it does
    Cheers.
    hot-girls-drinking-alcohol-47.jpg

Apparently there is room for one more
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Belgium is awesome. Great comics, great music, great chocolate, great moderators.
    edited November 2013 Posts: 23,559
    Dragonpol wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I sure am, sir. ;-)

I certainly do, and the real kind, @Dragonpol, no pseudoscience. ;-)
    Benny wrote:
    Well I have to say Dimi is one of the reasons I come to Mi6 on a daily basis. He was around on the old forum before I joined. If I recall he signed up several months before me. Over time we have built a cyber friendship that although we have never met, I know we would get along, you're a great bloke. Fair and level headed, with the ability to bring calm back to any discussion. But most of all you make visiting the forum fun. I hope one day we can sit down and enjoy a drink and a chat, until that day comes, and I hope that it does
    Cheers.
    hot-girls-drinking-alcohol-47.jpg

Apparently there is room for one more

I recall being there in that bathtub too, @Benny. You just don't see me, that's all. ;-)

Kind words from a good friend. Perhaps I should visit Australia one day. :D I'd love to have that drink with you too, mate. ;-)
    Belgium is awesome. Great comics, great music, great chocolate, great moderators.

tumblr_l7mgj1g3aD1qc073co1_400.gif

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After Dimi had his turn, I had to dive in - with a lesser performance, of course - because of how jealous I was.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I sure am, sir. ;-)

I certainly do, and the real kind, @Dragonpol, no pseudoscience. ;-)

Ah, now do you refer to that inexact science of Bondology that I profess to be a wizard of?
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited November 2013 Posts: 1,347
    @DarthDimi, you're one of my true favorites around here, for obvious reasons :) Always sensible and intelligent - Both discussing Bond, but also in general. Glad you became a fellow mod back in the KTBEU days :-bd Would love to have a few beers with you down in Belgium someday!

1343088620_swedish%20knockers.jpg

(A few of my lady friends wanted to toast to you by the pool, they insisted, I accepted)
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Ah, now do you refer to that inexact science of Bondology that I profess to be a wizard of?

Bondology is not a science, @Dragonpol; it's quite simply the only way to live. Twice. ;-)
    @DarthDimi, you're one of my true favorites around here, for obvious reasons :) Always sensible and intelligent - Both discussing Bond, but also in general. Glad you became a fellow mod back in the KTBEU days :-bd Would love to have a few beers with you down in Belgium someday!

1343088620_swedish%20knockers.jpg

(A few of my lady friends wanted to toast to you by the pool, they insisted, I accepted)

Thanks a million, @DiscoVolante. :) I'm going to have a lot of fun with Strawberry, Cherry, Pickle, Orange, Lemon and Grape. ;-)

Folks, thanks to all for the kind words. I love you all in equal doses, and then some. This forum is a wonderful place to be, and you all make it so.

thankyou.jpg