The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2013 Posts: 28,694
    He is the only American who The Queen found worthy enough to carry the honorary title of "Sir". At peak hours of the night, Chuck Norris crawls under his bed, and utters his name only in whispers, for fear that he may be listening. Historians have speculated that he has been around since the 1920s, fighting in all the major wars since that period with nothing but a combat knife, garrote wire, and his own human will to continue onwards. Whenever he enters a room with a high occupancy of the female sex, it is required by law to warn them with a flashing neon yellow sign, for fear that they may devour him in a fit of desire due to his pure animal magnetism. Though Bette Midler refuses to admit it, "The Wind Beneath My Wings" was written with him in mind by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley. Batman himself has initiated a contingency plan for him, should he ever use his powers for evil, and to this day he is one of the only men the Caped Crusader allows to enter the Batcave. The Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future all wait for him in the dark of the night, and even the legendary Sir Sean Connery has referred to him as "shexy", admitting in rare interviews to having posters of him adorning his room. Statistics gathered from personal interviews worldwide show that "all the women want to be with him, and all the men want to be him. Hell, some of the men want to be with him too."

To put it simply, @SirHenry is a bloody legend. He is the pinnacle of the male form: A dedicated father, passionate fan, loving person, loyal friend, funny jester, knowledgable man, and an absolute pleasure to be around: he has it all, ladies and gentlemen. I marvel at his life stories, as he grew up with the Bond franchise as a boy, while it was still finding its feet in the heart of the 60s. His dedication and knowledge for Bond and his many films is not only an accomplishment to be lauded, but an achievement to look up to. Much like Bond, he is tested by the trials of time, and challenged by obstacles arriving from afar, yet also like 007, SirHenry shall not yield, and continues on stronger because of his struggles. I am happy to not only call him a fellow fan, but also a friend, and words cannot describe the great effect he has had on this forum and its many members since he first joined. @SirHenry, I salute you, sir.
    salute2.gif
  • I guess it's about time I say something of substance here. So I'll address each poster. Suffice it to say, I will have lots more to say about everyone as their turn comes.

@Sandy- I have not yet reached guru or even a Yoda-like status yet. Face gets too itchy.

@Beatles- you will be happy to know that went out last night to see some friends of mine and my wife's play a gig, and had a table full of women I never met laughing and enjoying my company. Nice ladies, no sparks though. But it's nice to know that women still like me. Being a Type A personality and alone isn't easy and not something I'm used to being. But I'd rather be than compromise my standards.

@DarthDimi- like Bond once said to Kerim Bey, how can a friend be in debt? The pleasure of your friendship has truly been mine :)

@Willy- it's a shame that we haven't been able to get a cooking thread going. Being able to commiserate with you about some of the trolls and jokers that show up here behind the scenes have been entertaining to say the least ;)

@Creasy- if I have been a role model in general debauchery, it was unintended. But I must say you have all the makings of greatness :)

@thelivingroyale- you are right, we have our share of disagreements. The fact that you have some nice things to say shows me a lot of class that more humans should have.

@Dragonpol- I was glad to be there for you when you needed it. Your own work and insights into the Bond genre have been equally appreciated.

@soundofthesinners- I love your user name, and am most gratified that you and the younger fans have found value in the Originals thread. That's what I was looking for all along.

@4EverBonded- you're damn right about metal forever! \m/ I was sincerely touched by everything you said and am still smiling. No one is closer to me here in this Forum than you are :)

@risico007, @saintmark- thank you.

@saunders- I consider myself very fortunate to have born into a Bond loving family at a time when the series was in it's infancy. I consider it a fortunate accident of birth. I wish it could go on forever.

@obrady- You had me about falling out of my chair with that first paragraph as hard as I was laughing! The only thing that would have made it any better would have been one of your "The most interesting man in the world" captions, what you would have said there no doubt would have been beyond hysterical. Your love of Sir Sean I find beyond admirable, and hopefully my tribute to you will be at least half as entertaining.

Again, my appreciation for everything that has been said here is profound to say the least. It makes me feel incredibly good that my contributions to my fellow originals and the younger fans have been so appreciated. 4Ever can tell you that I am very humbled by all of these heartfelt comments. I try to live my life with a sense of humility and I just tell my stories about Bond and life with honesty and hopefully people get a chuckle or two along the way. At the end of the day, I'm just a guy trying to raise my kids as best as I can and do right by them and not let what's happened to me define the rest of my life. This site and Forum are a home away from home for me and a refuge where I know people genuinely care about me past what I contribute, and for that I am most grateful and will always be there for you if you ever need anything from me to help you.

• He salutes us all on a thread meant to salute him. Ladies and gentlemen, @SirHenryLeeChaChing.
    I feel a song coming on.... ;-)

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Yes, @SirHenryLeeChaChing always thinks of, and has time for, others first as his post above makes clear. A perfect gentleman and a great asset to this community.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh me and @SirHenryLeeChaChing have had our agreements and disagreements but it's nice to have friends. We've yet to see who the Bigger lover of Bond music is. Even though he dislikes Serra's contribution. We'll see in the next year's MI6 awards. ;)

Cheers Sir Henry! :)
    I've not said my piece (and unfortunately I've not much time) but here goes:

@SirHenryLeeChaChing. What a legend. We got off on the wrong foot very much so but I've come to thoroughly enjoy, value, and love his contributions to this forum. It's really refreshing to talk to an older Bond fan, someone who was around for the ones I wasn't. He really is an integral part of this forum, on the same level that our previous honoured member is. Absolutely concur with the words of everyone here.

Also, in 15 minutes it'll be Monday, so commence voting then! Since I'm about to pass out, I'm going to preemptively make my vote, once again, for @Brady. Also, for next week, I may move the voting to Tuesday, that way it happens more closer to when the actual switch happens. It seems like all the voting happens within a 24 hour period more or less.
  • I'd like to vote for @4EverBonded.
    I'll vote for my buddy @chrisisall. :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I'd like to vote for @TheWizardOfIce.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I really sincerely appreciate the vote, @thelivingroyale - thank you!

I have a 3 way tie for whom I really want to vote for next so ... after some thought, I'm just going to vote alphabetically for those 3. Therefore, my next vote is cast for @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I'd like to vote for @4EverBonded.

I join you in voting for @4EverBonded this week.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Sir Henry, I would like to chime in with a salute to you before this thread moves on.
    When I joined here, I was moved by your welcome, and felt great sympathy for you as we share a history of related tragedy. In my book you are a very kind and warm- hearted fellow, and deserve all the other praise that has been given you here as well.
    May Odin bless you and your family!
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited October 2013 Posts: 1,347
    SirHenry, you saw GnR live in their prime. I salute you for that. And for being a great community member. Friendly, sensible and wise. :)

I think @Samuel001 deserves a Friday salute, he's got my vote.
  • I'd also like to nominate @4EverBonded!

@Thunderfinger- being German (I also have Swedish and Angle-Saxon in me), I know the one eyed wanderer as Wotan and he sure has thrown me a few curveballs. Or maybe that was Loge/Loki?

May Mother Frikka (Frigga) wrap you and your child in her loving embrace and may Lady Frouwa (Freyja) send you a good lady to help ease your pain a bit. Still waiting myself.

Takk!
    @4EverBonded currently leads with 3 votes, @Brady has 2, and several members have one.
    I will add my vote to @0Brady. Thanks.
  • OOooh, we've got an actual race in the making! Great!! @4EverBonded gets my vote!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs gets my vote for the dedication and excellence (not to mention sheer volume) in his various posts and reviews!

And @Murdock thanks good buddy- too kind!
    Most welcome @chrisisall. :)
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    I will give my next vote to Brady
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited October 2013 Posts: 7,971
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing I understand I'm a bit late in this thread and, well, after what @OBrady said my words can only fall short, as even his did. But I want you to know I think you're one of the best forum members about. Your Originals thread kept me on these forums when I was about to leave for time-shortage and a troll invasion. It's your dedication as a fan and sheer love of life that makes every post worth reading. Sometimes for interest, maybe even sometimes for a tear, but most often for a good laugh! I salute you!

and for voting, with such posts, I guess mine should go to @OBrady!
    5 - 4 for Brady now.
  • I really sincerely appreciate the vote, @thelivingroyale - thank you!

No problem, you deserve it
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Nice to see a bit of a race, both front runners are really deserving of a Friday salute but I'll give my vote to @4EverBonded.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I give my vote to @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
  • I'll vote for @4EverBonded.
    Tied at 6.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Just before we move on I'd like to say that @SirHenry is one of the posters here whose writings are always notable and never irrelevant, he's got class and sense, stemming from all he's experienced through life, and it stands to him as a person that everyone here notices and appreciates those qualities in him. A very valued member, for sure.

Next vote for me goes to @OBrady
    We've still got til Friday. Feel free to continue saying your pieces about @SirHenryLeeChaChing, everyone, the voting is just a side thing.