The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I see no problem in letting the community decide. I think that's absolutely fair.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I think it's best and only fair to let the current nominee choose who to pass the torch onto next. That's the way it was done last time, at least. Creasy seems more than happy with @SirHenryLeeChaChing, so let's go with this wonderful forum member.
    I second this to be honest.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I personally prefer for it to be the way it was done before, and the current nominee would choose who is next.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean to start a fight here, I was just letting people know how things were done before and giving my opinion. I feel as if my head is about to come flying off.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I do not think anyone's getting fussed here.
    I simply think letting the person who is current chosen choose the next one is better - it would be smoother. Otherwise actually voting may prove long or acrimonious or problematic at times. Maybe. I think letting the current honored person choose the next one eliminates that. Perhaps the person would wait the full 2 days (or whatever it is) of voting then choose, but I instinctively prefer that method. Thanks for mentioning it, @Samuel001.

Did that method work fine last time?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Just to clarify, I didn't mean to start a fight here, I was just letting people know how things were done before and giving my opinion. I feel as if my head is about to come flying off.

Why, Sam? I'm certainly not angry, especially not at you.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Samuel001 wrote:

Yeah I'm not mad either. I agreed with you. :)
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    We have people clearly coming down on either side, that's all and normally, on this forum at least, argument ensures. I'm fine with whatever happens by the way.
    Do you remember if it ran smoothly with the person choosing the next person? Any complaints about that that you may remember?
    I prefer the voting method. Keep in mind this is a topic for the community at large to speak about a particular member so it makes more sense IMO if there's a vote.
    Well, you started this nice thread - so I think you have final word on how it proceeds.
    That's okay with me.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Do you remember if it ran smoothly with the person choosing the next person? Any complaints about that that you may remember?

It was OK yes, there were no problems but I'm happy for @StirredNotShaken to have the final say on the matter.
    I just think voting makes more sense. It's easier for more people to get an opportunity to be nomimated IMO. Like for example, if I were up, and passing on the torch, I know the names I would jump to. An unintentional bias, essentially. I feel voting can avoid such a thing.
    Creasy47 is a top guy! Put me onto many a good thing whether it be a movie or a book! ^:)^
    Alright. Unfortunately (for now at least) we must pass on the torch. Again, Creasy47 will be eligible for nomination in three months.

Say a few words about our new member for the week: @SirHenryLeeChaChing!
    He always brings up intelligent posts, our SirHilly does. An original member of the fandom too, so that makes every post of his a must read for me, at least. I'm sure his Son is due to join us soon, I look forward to this happening as well.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    My salute to @SirHenryLeeChaChing, one of the originals, respected member of this community, expert in all things Bond and great story teller. May your beard grow ever longer... oh, wait, wrong franchise, but you know what I mean :)
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,564
    All hail @SirHenryLeeChaChing, first among Originals, a man among men -- and beloved by all the ladies as well! His musical knowledge matched only by his knowledge of all matters pertaining to Bond! Teller of trivia and tester of theses -- we are honored to have him among us! Long may you run, SirHenry!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The Earth was once flat. SirHenry made it round. Man was once Ape. SirHenry was the first true Man. The ozone layer was once in danger of being diluted into oblivion. SirHenry said "no more" and the diluting stopped. If I ever have a son, I will tell him about SirHenry. I will name him "Henry", but without the sir. There's only one SirHenry...

All joking aside, I have known SirHenry since the days of the old forum. He's a delight to talk to: insightful, just, humorous and wise. He's a dad and he takes care of his boy in a way that commands my respect.

In lesser times, SirHenry offered me support and gave me good advise. I hope I have given him good support too but even then, I'm still in debt.

SirHenry is a friend, a good friend.

@SirHenryLeeChaChing, I salute you!
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 6,396
    Yes, I would also like to add my appreciation to @SirHenryLeeChaChing. A well respected and admired member on these boards who is always prepared to listen and provide advice, which he has done for me on many an occasion.

Thank you Sir and long may it continue.
    =D>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SirHenryLeeChaChing is one of the few I've really cared to get to know on these forums, and there's a good reason: he's an all around excellent guy. Intelligent posts, great conversations, really kind when you speak with him (which is a rare thing these days, it seems). I applaud you for being an excellent contributor to the site, good sir, and I always enjoy the time I spend getting to chat with you.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 12,837
    I don't always agree with him but @SirHenryLeeChaChing is a great member, he's funny and he has lots of cool stories to tell. He's also been a fan since the 60s (!), has great taste in music and is probably the biggest Connery fan on here. I have a lot of respect for him.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,786
    Yes, @SirHenryLeeChaChing deserves all plaudits. He has given me good advice too and I count him a true friend now. His thread on Originals is legendary and he is legendary himself. I salute you, Sir Henry!
  • The Originals Thread speaks for itself, and for that @SirHenryLeeChaChing, I must thank you. Your posts are always intelligent and carry with them the weight of many years as a Bond fan. Your insight into the music and professional wrestling industries are just gravy. For all this, you certainly deserve to one day meet your beloved Mie Hama.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    What can I add about SirHenry? He is many things (not in priority order or any particular order):

~ a major contributor to this forum, in every good way
    ~ an intelligent, thoughtful, insightful life-long Bond fan
    ~ a highly musical dude well steeped in musicianship, worlds beyond me - yet he explains music in a way I can understand it more; I love reading his comments on music
    ~ a genuinely caring person who reaches out to people
    ~ from all accounts, a good dad to his children (And how important is that? Exactly.)
    ~ the genius who started the Originals thread, which is already a legend on this forum and one that will, I am sure, stand the test of time
    ~ apparently a darn good cook! (I haven't had the enjoyment of tasting his cooking, but his descriptions make my mouth water; he has gourmet sensibilities)
    ~ friggin' hilarious! And yeah, that is a great asset. He makes me laugh out loud often. The man can turn a phrase with the best of them. So often his reviews are insightful and charming - but also darn funny. If you haven't read the thread, you are missing a treasure trove of Bond info and fun - go back and read old reviews (we have done every Bond film), starting with SirHenry's - they are priceless
    ~ Last for today - and certainly not least - he is my friend

Metal forever, eh, SirHenry? ;) And Bond, too ...

Cheers! Prost! Kanpai!
    both users are amazing
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 7,653
    Risico007 wrote:
    both users are amazing

+1
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Sir Henry is #1 in my book!!!
    Honourable mention to DD & BeatlesSansEarmuffs who put in such great work here too.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 3,494
    I am too speechless after reading these words to come up with more than a simple "wow", as that's what these wonderful comments have rendered my vocabulary to at the moment. On top of that, Saturday mornings for me are often hectic and my beloved Penn State football will keep me busy later. I promise to return sometime this weekend to comment further, meanwhile here's the blushing face that best describes me at the moment- :\">
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I can't claim to know you as well as others @SirHenryLeeChaChing, but I've always been extremely impressed by your 007 subject knowledge, your posts are always intelligent and thoughtful and your long service as a Bond fan is something to be truly envied. Very glad to have someone with your experience and knowledge posting on this site so regularly and I hope you enjoy your thoroughly deserved 'Friday salute'.