The Friday Salute: A user appreciation thread (THIS WEEK: StirredNotShaken aka SNS)

Comments

• Let the voting for the heaping of lavish praise on another member begin!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love the start this thread is off to.

For the record, voting for Creasy's successor will begin Monday, and that will continue for every week.

So we are still drinking to, I mean saluting Creasy throughout today and tomorrow, correct? I have a nomination or two ready ...

@Creasy, I just want to say again to you that I appreciate another Brosnan fan, and such a vocal and enthusiastic one, as yourself. He had only 4 films and they were varied in quality, but I feel his first two shine on very brightly in the Bond universe and will continue to so shine. I hope you get to meet Pierce one day, somehow. You are a very deserving fan. And I am glad not to be the only one in the wilderness of this forum truly appreciating Brosnan's Bond. Cheers! Hope you have a great weekend.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @4EverBonded, thank you very, very much! I appreciate that, and I hope you have a great weekend, as well. I, too, hope to one day meet Pierce Brosnan. Life would be perfect for me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    As someone who mainly observes and only actually posts every so often, I can honestly say that Creasy is one of the member's whose posts are always good to read. His undying affection for the franchise and the Brosnan era in particular are always refreshing.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, thank you very much! Nice to see people appreciating my love of Brosnan.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @Creasy47 is without doubt one of the old hands of the forum now and it's always great to have you with us. Don't ever leave. It's members like you that make this community what it is.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    @Creasy47 is without doubt one of the old hands of the forum now and it's always great to have you with us. Don't ever leave. It's members like you that make this community what it is.

Thank you, Samuel, that means a lot to me. Trust me, I have zero intentions of going anywhere, friend. This is my home.
    It is Monday here in Japan, but I am guessing you all are on Sunday evening times.
    I have my next nomination ready, will post it in about 8 hours. ;)

Meanwhile, a last toast to Creasy47! A really nice bloke and great Bond fan who has led this thread, gotten us off to a memorable start. Cheers! Kanpai! (which I learned should be spelled with an "n"). What will it be, Creasy? A vodka martini shaken not stirred, a Guinness, a Heineken? Sweet tea? What's your brew?
    Creasy has the e-throne (hehe) until Friday.
    Oh, when I read the thread before it said Monday, which would be today. Not clear; sorry!
    @4EverBonded, I've sadly never had a vodka martini, but I have to say, I'm a fiend for mojitos.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I have to say that this is a fine idea for a thread and that @Creasey47 is a good member to start with. I salute you, sir, even if it's not Friday!
    Ah, I love a great mojito! Very good, sir.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Creasey is a fine member and a gamer too! Cheers!
    Thank you, thank you, gents! Yes, mojitos are absolutely fantastic.
    Put your votes in for the next member to take the throne! No list to choose from, just name who you think should get the next round of appreciation. No self nominating, please.

Also, Creasy will be eligible again (aside from the remainder of his week) in three months. Seems a reasonable period of time to me.

My vote goes to Brady.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I cast my vote for @SirHenryLeeChaChing this time.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I too vote for @SirHenryLeeChaChing.
    Yes my vote goes to @SirHenryLeeChaChing
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    @Sir Henry for me also
    edited October 2013 Posts: 12,459
    I thought we weren't voting yet - I never get it right.
    Actually, my first nomination was going to be:
    SirHenryLeeChaChing! So yes, please.
    Happy to salute others another time, I think SirHenry really deserves this for several reasons.
    Let us go with @SirHenryLeeChaChing for the next round, then! Thanks again to you all for the incredibly kind words.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    cast another vote for @SirHenryLeeChaChing.
  • My only regret is that I wasn't the one to place his name in nomination. @SirHenryLeeChaChing has my vote for sure!
    Obviously voting goes until Friday, however at the moment SirHenry is leading more or less unanimously.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Funnily enough, @SirHenry is my vote too. Great minds think alike and whatnot! ;)
  • I'll vote for @SirHenryLeeChaChing too.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Without wanting to sound like I'm just following the herd I do think @SirHenryLeeChaChing would be very worthy.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    I think it's best and only fair to let the current nominee choose who to pass the torch onto next. That's the way it was done last time, at least. Creasy seems more than happy with @SirHenryLeeChaChing, so let's go with this wonderful forum member.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I can understand that, Sam, but this is a community appreciation thread from the members to the nominee, so their say is very important as well. But besides all that, I believe @Creasy said he approves of @SirHenry being up next regardless.