The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Spectacular! :D
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Brilliant!

I can't wait to see Hobbs go up against Elba's character. I'm sure there will be a showdown worthy of these two heavyweights.

I just picked up Fate of the Furious 4K and am now compelled to take in a viewing today.
    I'm actually excited to see Shaw going head to head with Elba's character while Hobbs would be preoccupied with a bigger villain his size. Elba vs Statham would be the clash of two tough cockneys. :D
    I'm actually excited to see Shaw going head to head with Elba's character while Hobbs would be preoccupied with a bigger villain his size. Elba vs Statham would be the clash of two tough cockneys. :D
    Good point.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw is the official title of the spinoff centered on Jason Statham and Dwayne Johnson, coming August 2019.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, that's one terrible title. I get that they have to sell the fact it's a F&F spin-off, but still.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Wow, now there's a mouthful.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Wow, that's one terrible title. I get that they have to sell the fact it's a F&F spin-off, but still.
    Exactly. It's right in your face when they market it. I rather liked the original Hobbs & Shaw as it was.
    Well, hot damn! :D
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 5,767
    Indeed.

Really makes one wonder About the congested title. Who are they aiming at with that? The billions of Kids who are into FF instantly recognize Statham and DJ. Add Elba on top of it, and this s*** here sells itself.
    hxepcvefd4a21.jpg
    Can't get any cooler than this! Casting Elba was a masterstroke. Move this film's release date up already!

That setting reminds me in a way of Lucius Fox's Bat factory.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @DarthDimi @ClarkDevlin @doubleoego @MajorDSmythe

Vin Diesel has confirmed that Fast & Furious 9 will start filming in London next month. Justin Lin (F&F: Tokyo Drift, F&F 4, Fast Five, Furious 6) is back to direct. No words yet on the the entirety of cast (whether Dwayne Johnson & Jason Statham will be back or not after their spin-off this summer).
    I'm curious to know whether Johnson and Statham will return as well.

Apparently there is a female spinoff being planned as well. Universal is going to milk this one for all its worth it seems.

https://movieweb.com/fast-furious-female-spinoff-movie-writers/
    bondjames wrote: »

Apparently there is a female spinoff being planned as well. Universal is going to milk this one for all its worth it seems.

It's been my assumption that they won't, what with this spin-off going on now (and especially how busy Johnson is these days). I guess it's possible, but I'm not expecting it to happen.
    [

It's been my assumption that they won't, what with this spin-off going on now (and especially how busy Johnson is these days). I guess it's possible, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

I would assume the same too, since Fast & Furious 9 will start production while Dwayne Johnson will be working on Jumanji 3.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

I'm trying to be surprised. I guess Michelle Rodriguez would headline it? The majority of the cast would be new characters.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Looking forward to Hobbs and Shaw the FF series is a guilty pleasure
    The first trailer for Hobbs & Shaw is confirmed to be released this Sunday (February 3rd).
    m886614xvkd21.jpg
    m886614xvkd21.jpg
    Very nice. I'm really looking forward to seeing Elba and Kirby in the trailer this Sunday.
    The trailer will be dropping this Friday, actually.
    Even better! I was actually surprised they'd release something on a weekend.

It's only because the Super Bowl is Sunday, so quite a few new trailers will be dropping then. Hobbs & Shaw will still drop during the Super Bowl, I'm sure, but I guess they wanted to get ahead of all the competition and drop the trailer a little early for everybody.

It's only because the Super Bowl is Sunday, so quite a few new trailers will be dropping then. Hobbs & Shaw will still drop during the Super Bowl, I'm sure, but I guess they wanted to get ahead of all the competition and drop the trailer a little early for everybody.
    Ah, I see. That makes perfect sense. I've never followed the sport and so didn't realize it was this weekend.

Ah, I see. That makes perfect sense. I've never followed the sport and so didn't realize it was this weekend.

I don't follow it either, can't stand American football, I only note the date because it's usually a surefire sign that a lot of trailers are inbound. It's not like you even need to watch the game for them thankfully, they're usually online a few seconds after they air.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,271

Initially I thought this was fake
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Elba looks incredibly badass and Statham looks super cool
    Oh this is going to be so good. Tomorrow had better get here soon.