The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Well, hot damn!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2019 Posts: 13,894
    Isn't the 20th anniversary of the series the year after next?

EDIT
    Yes, 2001. Thought so.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    62bf5jju3sd21.jpg
    Statham's going all Bond-like stylish for this one it seems. Loving the McLaren.
    bondjames wrote: »
    62bf5jju3sd21.jpg
    Statham's going all Bond-like stylish for this one it seems. Loving the McLaren.
    He's being groomed to take over the role from Craig. ;)
    62bf5jju3sd21.jpg
    I can go for that, no joke. I'll even take him without a hairpiece.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2019 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames Some classic Statham from Fate of the Furious (2017):

62bf5jju3sd21.jpg
    A problem easily solved. :D

On5KTEL.jpg
    @bondjames Some classic Statham from Fate of the Furious (2017):

Great scene @DaltonCraig007. The last one has grown on me. I may have to do a viewing of 5-8 again soon (I'm not a big fan of the earlier installments). Maybe this weekend if the trailer blows me away.
    62bf5jju3sd21.jpg

On5KTEL.jpg
    Haha. It suits him actually. Statham can get away with a lot as Bond in my book, including a five o'clock shadow.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 15,423

On5KTEL.jpg[/quote]Haha. It suits him actually. Statham can get away with a lot as Bond in my book, including a five o'clock shadow. [/quote]
    I admire your viewpoint, sir. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

Sweet. Statham looking more suave than Craig Bond in recent outings.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    doubleoego wrote: »

Oh cmon! Please! Really?
    James-Bond.jpg
    z11cfuvsv54rtpo07api

And you call yourself a Bond fan... ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited February 2019 Posts: 2,541
    Univex wrote: »

Oh cmon! Please! Really?
    James-Bond.jpg
    z11cfuvsv54rtpo07api

And you call yourself a Bond fan... ;)

Lovely pictures
    Statham wears suits that actually fit. Craig is playing dress up and failing.
    Statham wears suits that actually fit. Craig is playing dress up and failing.
    Agreed. Statham looks like he belongs in those suits. I don't see that with Craig.

I'm a huge Bond fan too.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 6,677
    What the hell is wrong with the light grey sharkskin suit he has in that Skyfall pic?!?
    I think its lovely, and well fitted.
    Playing dress up...Cmon, methinks the fan doth protest too much.
    They've been harking back to classic 60s fashion. The fitting is wrong, most of the time, we've discussed that endlessly. But that's about it.
    The suits were brilliant in Skyfall, apart from the fitting.
    I'm growing tired of Bond fans complaining about every little thing. Bet Craig&co feel the same.

Let me get something out of my chest, please. The forums are crawling with M:I and DC and Marvel threads, and now F&TF. Honestly, I can't fathom how on earth do you guys like this stuff, but hey, that's just me. I'm not saying that Bond is another thing, and better - wait, but I am, after all this is a Bond forum. Thing is, if you do like your Stathams and Jonhsons, Afflecks and Momoas better, by all means, keep bashing Bond about. Cause you are right, it's not the same thing, not by a mile. Comparing a romantic character like a British officer out from the cold war to tattooed muscled tugs with rigged v12 cars with stickers on the sides, and superhero out of children books and cartoons. Please! Oh shit, this happened to me in the Marvel thread. I'm doing it again, aren't I. Damn it. So sorry fellas. Wrong thread for me. Do keep your love for Nitro on, I'll go sip on a martini, before I jump in the Jag and go for a spin. Silly elitist me. Never mind old Univex. Gonna stop by the Bond25 thread to see if the squirrels are back to their shenanigans. Cheerio.
    What the hell is wrong with the light grey sharkskin suit he has in that Skyfall pic?!?
    They've been harking back to classic 60s fashion. The fitting is wrong, most of the time, we've discussed that endlessly. But that's about it.
    I'm growing tired of Bond fans complaining about every little thing. Bet Craig&co feel the same.

Brosnan too, I'm sure. ;)

Brosnan too, I'm sure. ;)
    Yes, Brozza too. And he sure doesn't deserve it, poor fella, that had so many fans throughout his tenure. Shame on Bond fans. Shame.
    The fitting is everything when it comes to sartorial elegance. At least in my view, and particularly for a character with the refinement and knowledge of James Bond. You don't just slap on something that has the colours of Connery's finest from GF and assume everyone is going to fall for it. Well, maybe Temime, Craig and the producers did, but if that's so then that tells me something about them, and it's not complimentary. It's a debasement of an essential element of what it means to be Bond (namely a penchant for timeless style and elegance).

In terms of complaining about everything, that's an exaggeration in my opinion. If you want to discuss cinematography in the first three Craig films, or casting choices, or score then I'm sure you'l get some agreement. Bring up suits post-QoS as a point of conversation to justify why Bond is great and you should expect some pushback, and rightly so.
    You know what, you're right, Craig's Bond as been as ridiculous as Brosnan's ties, Moore's safari suits and Lazenby's orange turtleneck, whether we're talking about his haircuts, the fitting of his suits, or heck, the colour of his hair. Bond has not been about Bond since well, ever. It's all crap. Here's exaggeration for ya, @bondjames, my friend. And all true. Thing is, we're a sad bunch who can't be happy about the very thing we love. That, my friend, is the truth ;) And with so much to complain and discuss about Bond, we're stuck in a Fast and Furious thread discussing this ;) Ona Friday, no less! Damned it all.
    Amazing! Lived up to my already high expectations.
    ---

@Univex, I disagree with you my friend, and I've already explained why. Fit is sacrosanct in my opinion, and different from fashion, which can, and does, change with the times. The comparison isn't the same and justifying Craig's suits in the last few films on the basis that they evoke Connery at his finest is just something I can't go for. Sorry. ;)

Anyway, we're here for FF, and that trailer is the business! As expected, Elba and Kirby are the highlights for me.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Ah damn. I'm disappointed but not surprised. I was hoping for something more akin to FAST FIVE rather than FATE OF THE FURIOUS.

It looks like fun, but as a spin-off it had potential to be legitimately good as opposed to just being entertaining garbage. A shame.
    Hobbs & Shaw looks at something straight out of the 1990's. A mix of the crazy-OTT of Face/Off with the crazy-OTT of the Furious 7 and Fate of the Furious. This may be a huge hit this August.
    Jeeez that was mental! The action is next level and Idris is superhuman??? They've really cosmos-jumped the shark with this but looks super fun. Statham killing it in those sharp suits.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The good news: "This job requires stealth." The better news: their idea of stealth, is crazily ott action.
  • Sorry, y'all, but this entire franchise is just monumentally... stupid. I think I've seen five or so of them -- and they were all terrible.

I'd rate the very best one that I've seen a 4 out of 10 score.

What is the appeal to anyone older than a high school freshman?
    There's a helicopter flying at night over the Thames. What a SP rip off!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    patb wrote: »
    There's a helicopter flying at night over the Thames. What a SP rip off!

Out of curiosity, are you kidding or serious?