The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

1151617181921»

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The fifth one was certainly the best, I really enjoy the sixth, and it shouldn't have gone anywhere past the seventh, but they like that sweet money more than they do wrapping it in an honorable way after Walker's passing, clearly.
    Vin Diesel has confirmed that Fast X is the start of the final trilogy. Fast 11 and Fast 12 will conclude the franchise.

Make it stop.. agh. :)) I'm sure Universal is thrilled though!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The fifth one was certainly the best, I really enjoy the sixth, and it shouldn't have gone anywhere past the seventh, but they like that sweet money more than they do wrapping it in an honorable way after Walker's passing, clearly.

I agree @Creasy47. I found Letty's return to be a stretch personally, but overall the sixth film is fun if a little redundant. I think Evans made it more interesting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have seen up to, and including F8. I don't think I can sit through them any further. They have become too much of a parody of themselves, no one can die, and the villains end up joining The Family.

I agree @Creasy47. I found Letty's return to be a stretch personally, but overall the sixth film is fun if a little redundant. I think Evans made it more interesting.

I think the sixth is the absolute limit of where the action is so implausible yet it has just enough practical effects, driving and excitement that I can buy into it. That finale is extremely ridiculous but the rest of it, like the night pursuit through London with the flip cars or that highway chase, is gold.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I think the sixth is the absolute limit of where the action is so implausible yet it has just enough practical effects, driving and excitement that I can buy into it. That finale is extremely ridiculous but the rest of it, like the night pursuit through London with the flip cars or that highway chase, is gold.

Also the fistfight in the London Underground station is pretty good.

Also the fistfight in the London Underground station is pretty good.

That too! One of my favorites of the series. If the series had struck a similar balance from there on out, I'd be impressed, but it turns into Looney Tunes/Marvel territory after that and I can't find any intrigue in so much shoddy CGI and impossibility.

I'm almost fearful to see how they try and "top" going to space or redirecting submarine torpedoes with bare hands. I know those dam shots and Dom bringing down the helicopters in the Fast X marketing looks bad enough.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Well I saw Fast X. Surprisingly better than what I expected , mostly thanks to Momoa like he’s been praised in all reviews. I’d rank it over 8 and 9 for sure , but it was still missing something that made 5-7 stand out. The plot is still lacking but I guess that’s expected by this point. However I am fully back on board for part 2 ( or 3!)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Hobbs & Shaw 2 will start filming later this year, according to Dwayne Johnson.