The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Looks like it's going to be a hell of a ride. The Stath rocking a nice suit too, it fits!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I'm really loving Jason Statham's looks and style in this.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Same. Dressing suits the way a man should.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Same. Dressing suits the way a man should.
    Definitely. He looks incredibly sharp.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    Superb.

Elba is one cool actor. He never lets me down. The guy has something special.

He needs to be cast as a Bond villain. Although I suppose it's just as well he wasn't cast as one during the Craig era; he'd likely end up overshadowing Danny boy.

Statham's suit is looking saucy af.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Superb.

Elba is one cool actor. He never lets me down. The guy has something special.

He needs to be cast as a Bond villain. Although I suppose it's just as well he wasn't cast as one during the Craig era; he'd likely end up overshadowing Danny boy.
    Unquestionably. The guy has oodles of screen charisma and real presence. No question about that. He's also got quite a few inches on our current Bond and that wouldn't look good on screen.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Statham's suit is looking saucy af.
    Very sharp indeed. Statham has a certain unmistakeable style too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2nd trailer for Hobbs & Shaw will drop this Thursday, April 18th.
    Can’t wait!
    I'm in! I'm in! I'm in! I'm in!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Looks so bad.

But in a good way.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am not watching the new trailer the marketing up to now already sold it to me, I was always going to buy this film anyway.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    It looks like a blast. Completely over the top but it knows it and embraces it.
    I am not watching the new trailer

Not a bad decision because it does show a lot of the action beats and humor.
    Don´t matter, I´m gonna see it anyhow. It Looks like it´s gonna be a lot funnier than FF.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Don´t matter, I´m gonna see it anyhow. It Looks like it´s gonna be a lot funnier than FF.

This is a key. Their chemistry is so good and they play off each other so well that the film will be watchable regardless.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,105
    It looks like a blast. Completely over the top but it knows it and embraces it.
    I am not watching the new trailer

Not a bad decision because it does show a lot of the action beats and humor.

They are my two favorite characters from the series, Hobbs, Shaw and his brother saved the films IMO, I want to see as little of their character moments as possible before watching the film.
    Is it safe to say that Hobbs and Shaw won't appear in the ninth film?
    Is it safe to say that Hobbs and Shaw won't appear in the ninth film?

Not sure though they could easily have there own series
    @ClarkDevlin I believe Dwayne Johnson has already stated he will not be appearing in Fast 9. IMO I'd be glad if we can get sequels to the Hobbs & Shaw spinoff, what with Johnson hinting that Jason Momoa was going to play his brother in this film (maybe they saved it for the inevitable sequel once this makes loads of $$$ at the box office?).
    I sincerely hope so, @DaltonCraig007! Momoa as Hobbs' brother would be a terrific casting!
    It will be interesting to see what role Roman Reigns has in the film as Roman and the Rock are both part of the Anoaʻi family
    It will be interesting to see what role Roman Reigns has in the film as Roman and the Rock are both part of the Anoaʻi family

I think he took on the part of the brother in the end. They're definitely family by blood anyway, I remember Johnson posting about him on Instagram a while back.

I think he took on the part of the brother in the end. They're definitely family by blood anyway, I remember Johnson posting about him on Instagram a while back.

That would be pretty cool, great for Roman he is in remission from leukemia for the second time I wish him every success
    I sincerely hope so, @DaltonCraig007! Momoa as Hobbs' brother would be a terrific casting!
    +1

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    In the spirit of FAF, this looks awesome!
    Count me in.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2019 Posts: 4,416
    New trailer

edited April 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Vin Diesel has confirmed on his Instagram account that John Cena has joined the cast of Fast & Furious 9.

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-04-27-a-23-35-23.png
    Vin Diesel has confirmed on his Instagram account that John Cena has joined the cast of Fast & Furious 9.

Capture-d-e-cran-2019-04-27-a-23-35-23.png

As a WWE fan great stuff

Hopefully Rock will also return...
    a.aaa-John-Cena-vs-The-Rock_original_crop_north.jpg?1332705363&w=630&h=420
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, John Cena and The Rock in one film would be the ultimate way to distract from everything else.
    Judging from that Foto above, it would look as if they go for Cena´s comedical strengths. For some reason I would suspect him to be somewhere along the lines of Kurt Russell´s character.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns, John Cena and The Rock in one film would be the ultimate way to distract from everything else.
    Judging from that Foto above, it would look as if they go for Cena´s comedical strengths. For some reason I would suspect him to be somewhere along the lines of Kurt Russell´s character.

Cena certainly fits the All American GI Joe type which is consistent with his WWE character, though it would be interesting him to turn villain