The Fast and the Furious (2001 - present)

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,423
    Fast & Furious 9 to start production in Spring 2019, as Vin Diesel plans to film xXx 4 in January before moving on to Fast 9.
    I predict the production would start sometime in mid-to-late May.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @ClarkDevlin I assume now that if Diesel is making xXx 4, Dwayne Johnson should be able to work on Jumanji 3 before they both get their hands dirty on Fast 9. I'm curious if those rumours of Matt Damon being the bad guy in the 9th installment will turn out to be true or not.

It'd be really ironic if Matt Damon turns out to be a villain similarly to that of Cypher (Theron), the surveillance of the world being in his hands (God's Eye) and whatnot. After all, a certain character of his used to fight the crimes of surveillance. :D
    @ClarkDevlin I assume now that if Diesel is making xXx 4, Dwayne Johnson should be able to work on Jumanji 3 before they both get their hands dirty on Fast 9. I'm curious if those rumours of Matt Damon being the bad guy in the 9th installment will turn out to be true or not.
    I thought Johnson gets his own flic together with Statham and both won't appear in FF? Or am I mistaken?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    boldfinger wrote: »
    I thought Johnson gets his own flic together with Statham and both won't appear in FF? Or am I mistaken?

Currently being filmed as of a couple weeks ago. :-)
    "The Tactical Turtleneck, Hobbs! The... Tactleneck!"
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Those are some seriously cool dudes.

I'm curious to see what approach they take with this film. Hopefully it will be less CGI heavy than the FF series and more thriller like.
    @bondjames It is directed by David Leitch, who made the first John Wick and Atomic Blonde, so I think we can expect more practically-made car chase sequences, mixed with some badass fistfights.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    "The Tactical Turtleneck, Hobbs! The... Tactleneck!"

Would that be the black Tactleneck, or the slightly darker black Tactleneck?
    Are they playing Twins?
    @bondjames It is directed by David Leitch, who made the first John Wick and Atomic Blonde, so I think we can expect more practically-made car chase sequences, mixed with some badass fistfights.
    That's great to read @DaltonCraig007. I can see them trying to differentiate this tonally from the main series (a bit like how Marvel creates different tones for its various spin offs). A darker and more gritty turn could really work with actors like Johnson and Statham in the mix.
    With M:I - Fallout's very own Vanessa Kirby joining the cast as Shaw's sister, an MI5 agent herself, I can't expect anything but good things from this film. It's going to be highly satisfactory from the names laid in there alone.
    Eddie Marsan joins the cast of Hobbs & Shaw.
    Let me guess. Playing the head of MI5?

Promoted from Scotland Yard? ;-)
    Promoted from Scotland Yard? ;-)
    Precisely. ;)
    With M:I - Fallout's very own Vanessa Kirby joining the cast as Shaw's sister, an MI5 agent herself, I can't expect anything but good things from this film. It's going to be highly satisfactory from the names laid in there alone.
    I wasn't aware she was going to be in it. She was excellent in MI: Fallout. Great choice. With her and Marsan in tow my anticipation has increased considerably (and I was already looking forward to it).
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames don't forget that Idris Elba is playing the main villain in 'Hobbs & Shaw'. Very impressive cast so far.
    Impressive cast and an outstanding director. This can't be go bad in the slightest.
    I'm learning something new every hour here. I didn't know Elba had been cast as the villain either. Great news. Thanks @DaltonCraig007. Yep, this is certainly going to be good.
    First look at Idris Elba in Hobbs & Shaw:

uz0ai0s6nmr11.png
    I wonder if down the line they will transfer some of these new characters across to the Fast franchise.
    I hope not. There were too many characters alsready. Let Hobbs and Shaw have their own Franchise if needed, and Keep FF in the Family.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's the chick from Fallout, right?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    That's the chick from Fallout, right?

Yep, the British woman Tom Cruise meets in the Paris nightclub.
    I can hardly wait!
    Kirby looks great! Getting her was a coup and I'm sure she'll enliven the film as much as she did Fallout. This is really shaping up nicely.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Kirby looks great! Getting her was a coup and I'm sure she'll enliven the film as much as she did Fallout. This is really shaping up nicely.
    +1