The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited May 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Today is the day it was said The Whole Truth would be filming. With no new lead cast, has the film been scrapped?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2014 Posts: 432
    I don't think it's scrapped just yet. I'd say it's delayed.
    Matt_Helm wrote:
    You can say whatever you want, but this is a man who simply doesn't age well. Just compare him with Moore and Brosnan at that age.
    I think he is looking in good shape.
    QBranch wrote:
    Thanks for the pic, GL. He looks good. I like the hair, but it's his SF hair, and I prefer it a little bit longer. I'd like to see Bond go to an Irish pub with Felix. "Two pints of Guinness. Where's your sense of adventure, James?"
    If he just cut his hair know could mean that it will grow a bit until filming starts in November. Which means he would get a more QoS style length. But, it all depends if he cuts the hair shorter some months before production starts. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I agree with the idea of James and Felix in Ireland.
  • Daniel Craig IS James Bond, but for some strange reason it´s just impossible for me to rank him as the best. I´m just to fund of Moore! Though Moore does not play as Fleming wrote at all he´s still my favourite! Perhaps Craig can knock Moore down some day soon...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He must have really sharp hearing, at least.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I posted this in the "Timeline-thread" by I suppose it might be relevant here too:

According to a official website for a Gym in New York, Daniel Craig were there yesterday and worked out. According to them he focused on running on a treadmill. Might this be the start of the extensive training in before October?

Here's a picture of him from the Gym:
    10334370_10152178504463108_980303615904609718_n.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It very well might be. He's already looking buff and in shape, and with shooting in a few months, I'm sure he's looking to get even bigger.
    Nice to see him have the Bond haircut back.
    His hair still too short for my liking. Grow it a tad longer please DC.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Bond haircut but not too too short on the sides, I think. :) A tad longer, really just a little, would be perfect for me. We shall have to see come this fall, when shooting, how the hair looks. But for now, pretty darn good. Thanks, @MrBond.

He looks great!
    I think it will have time to grow until filming. Unless he cuts it again.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    He looks really good, and is already in fine physical condition. He truly gives his all to preparing for roles, especially Bond.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    edited May 2014 Posts: 4,312
    MrBond wrote:
    I posted this in the "Timeline-thread" by I suppose it might be relevant here too:

According to a official website for a Gym in New York, Daniel Craig were there yesterday and worked out. According to them he focused on running on a treadmill. Might this be the start of the extensive training in before October?

Here's a picture of him from the Gym:
    10334370_10152178504463108_980303615904609718_n.jpg

I think you could well be right, I am sure he has stated in interviews before that it usually takes around 6 months to get into shape that he wants before shooting on a Bond film?
    Now we're are talking. I'm not a fan of Craig's longer hair, it makes him look older. He is looking very Skyfall-esque in those photos. I like the SF look but the hair was practically shaved. It suits Craig as his Bond seems like much more of a military-trained kind of guy so he'd be used to having to cut his hair very short. I for one hope that his hair in Bond 24 looks like this, these pictures scream Bond:

Daniel+Craig+JBPL+3.jpg
    daniel-craig-skyfall-photo-call.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yes, I just don't want the too short buzzed on side military cut anymore, I really don't. In general he looks great, is working out (probably didn't stop much), and we shall see come October how he looks. Very positive so far.
    I think his hair in QoS was perfect.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I think his hair in QoS was perfect.

I agree.
    I think we need the return of the hair thread?! ;)
    I think, the reason for the cut was - comfy hair for summer heat and hitting the gym plus he seemed to have a rather bad reddish dye, which needed to go.

QOS was fine as long as it was scruffy, but the monk hair (see air plane scene and others) was terrible.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I think, the reason for the cut was - comfy hair for summer heat and hitting the gym plus he seemed to have a rather bad reddish dye, which needed to go.

QOS was fine as long as it was scruffy, but the monk hair (see air plane scene and others) was terrible.

One of the reasons why I think they cut the hair so short in SF may have been because it showed Craig' receding hairline more. The whole film is about ageing and an older broken Bond having to put himself back together again. I think coupled with Bond's clearly grey-ish beard it showed we were seeing an older and more seasoned 007. Therefore it could have been an aesthetic choice aimed at making Craig look like a much older version of the character he had previously played in CR and QOS.

They should in the new one aim for the look he had when he hosted SNL:

daniel-craig-bond-girls-saturday-night-live-sketch.jpg
    DanielCraigSNL.jpg
    Signed it. Nice to know I am doing my part, even if this petition goes nowhere and does nothing. Bring us TGWPWF ASAP!
    Seems he is up to his neck in charity work these. Good for him.

Invictus Games Celebrity Support Film

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/invictus-games-tickets-september-prince-harry-will-i-am-louis-smith-ricky-hatton-bear-grylls-9457655.html?icn=ticker-2
    I cant think,with this being almost June now,for any other reason for DC to be getting fit again,but for BOND24.

Looks like the momentum has started ! \:D/
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 11,425
    He seems to be looking in reasonably good condition. I hope they give him the opportunity to look fresh faced and healthy a bit in B24. More than they did in SF.

It was a shame to prematurely age him when time will take care of that soon enough.

It sort of feels like that even after 3 films we still haven't had the full throttle, fully formed Craig Bond on top form that we've long been waiting for.

Fingers crossed - fourth time lucky!
    GL how do you know what is in the Evening Standard? I just saw the article and was about to post it and see you've done it already.

I have people everywhere B-)
    Getafix wrote:
    GL how do you know what is in the Evening Standard? I just saw the article and was about to post it and see you've done it already.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I have people everywhere B-)

I think we have finally found the head of Quantum !!

:-/