The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Germanlady wrote:
    These featurettes are better then the film, I am afraid to say and more exciting, too.
    Much better then the SF coverage we had. There exist tons of featurettes of QOS, all good amd informative. Underlayed with music and talk unlike much of the SF stuff. They did let us down with that. I say - away with the clupperboards and back to the featurettes

Sadly, I haven't seen many CR/QoS featurettes, but I saw just about everything for SF.
    That was wonderful stuff and its still out there. :) No comparison..
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Thank you as always @Germanlady, our ultimate source for all news regarding Craig =D>
    Nice :) Thank you.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I know CGI is required in some films, but when it comes to car chases/crashes, it's the last thing I want to see. It's just so incredibly obvious to me and it really takes me out of the experience. I'm glad there wasn't any of that in CR or QoS.

The Raid 2 has taken car chases/crashes to a whole new other level. Actually they've taken action movies to a whole new other level.

http://www.craveonline.com/film/prev...packed-tv-spot
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @doubleoego, that's exactly why I'm incredibly excited for that movie. 'The Raid 2' is going to be amazing.
    Agreed!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The Raid 2 will most will make the majority of summer blockbusters look pale in comparison, this will show the world how sequels should be done instead of pale retreads.

I think the Die Hard Franchise is about to look pretty poor in comparison once this trilogy is finished.
    Definitely. I'm seeing the Raid 2 at an advanced cineworld screening on the 28th. I just cant wait!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    The upcoming movie The Whole Truth, starring Renee Zellweger and Daniel Craig, will be filming scenes in downtown Salem beginning next month.

The movie is being shot by Oscar-nominated director Courtney Hunt and is expected to utilize the city's old courthouse on Washington Street - where scenes for American Hustle were filmed last year.

Filming is expected to begin at the end of April and last through the end of May.

Melita Picciotto, owner of Salem's Melita Fiore Patisserie, was pleased to report that her small pastry shop will appear in the movie.

"We are very excited that they are using the store here for a scene in the movie," Picciotto said.

The North Shore has become a popular place to shoot films. In recent years, Ted, American Hustle and Adam Sandler films have been shot on North Shore communities.

http://peabody.patch.com/groups/around-town/p/daniel-craig-renee-zellweger-shooting-movie-in-salem

Just over a one month shoot. Very short indeed. After that, come June, back to Bond.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am assuming this is Salem, Masschusetts, USA. I didn't actually read where it was other than "Salem."

I'm glad he is working with Rene; I have always liked her and she is overdue for a good film. A one month shoot is quick enough. I hope it is a pleasant experience for Daniel.
    Thanks for the article, @Samuel001! :)
    Its just that one month in that city and courtroom. There will be more...but seems, they start there.
    Here's the tagline for The Whole Truth:

The courtroom drama stars Daniel Craig as a skilled defense attorney who fights to get his teenage client acquitted of murdering his wealthy father.

Gabriel Basso will play the defendant, Mike Lassiter, a confused, conflicted and emotionally tortured young man.

Production begins on 14th April.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/toby-kebbell-fantastic-four-archie-panjabi-san-andreas-gabriel-basso-the-whole-truth
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Might be just for fun or for either of his next two films. Not sure, if you guys would like another bike chase, but done differently, these can always be good fun to watch.

75c0b7eeba0611e3add91207bb9c8442_8_zpsc7074f96.jpg

997a1f4cba8111e395db1277709cb12f_8_zpsb8a581ab.jpg

New York Motorycle and EagleRider of New York renting Harley's to Daniel Craig (James Bond) so he can fine tune his riding skills with the Nassau PD riding course. Course available soon through New York Motorcycle
    @TheLivingRoyale may just have his wish come true.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,601
    What he did at the UN

"DOUGLAS" NARRATED BY DANIEL CRAIG
    Thanks for sharing this @Germanlady. Wonderful short film, the work these people do is incredible.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Might be just for fun or for either of his next two films. Not sure, if you guys would like another bike chase, but done differently, these can always be good fun to watch.

75c0b7eeba0611e3add91207bb9c8442_8_zpsc7074f96.jpg

997a1f4cba8111e395db1277709cb12f_8_zpsb8a581ab.jpg

New York Motorycle and EagleRider of New York renting Harley's to Daniel Craig (James Bond) so he can fine tune his riding skills with the Nassau PD riding course. Course available soon through New York Motorcycle

Thanks for sharing GL! Some people get all the luck! Would love a pick with DC!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That was a powerful short film. Just goes to show how selfish we can be as more privileged human beings. I mope about a math exam I have next week while Douglas there wakes up every morning not knowing if he'll return home later that day. Puts things into perspective...
    Yes Brady... Thanks for sharing the short film, GL.
    There's another video
    Thanks, Sandy.
    Yes, thanks all. Hard to imagine living like that. Heroes, that nobody really celebrates
    Kenneth Choi has booked a role in director Courtney Hunt’s courtroom drama The Whole Truth. It centers on a defense attorney (Daniel Craig) who fights to get his teenage client (Gabriel Basso) acquitted of murdering his wealthy father. Choi will play the prosecutor.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/ant-man-matt-gerald-kenneth-choi-the-whole-truth
    http://www.justjared.com/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-make-it-a-night-of-opportunity-by-holding-hands/

Daniel Craig and his wife Rachel Weisz hold hands while attending the 2014 Night of Opportunity Gala held at Cipriani Wall Street on Monday (April 7) in New York City.

The 46-year-old English actor and the 44-year-old actress were honored at the event for their dedication to The Opportunity Network, a New York City nonprofit that puts high-achieving, low-income students on the road to the top colleges and successful careers.
    daniel-craig-rachel-weisz-night-of-opportunity-02.jpg
    edited April 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Craig looks good. His face looks clear, rested and relaxed. Is his hair looking brown? Can't wait to see his look for Bond 24.
    The pair of them look very happy and relaxed, good luck to the both of them I say.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,400
    Rachel looks marvellous but Daniel....ummm.....I'm not sure. Firstly his jacket is really ill-fitting and surprisingly baggy for him. Craig is known for his super-tight suits so it's odd to see him in his outfit. Secondly, his hair is awful and ages him signifcantly. He looks far from suave and in fact a little seedy. He is also looking a bit too chunky for my liking.

MSA-017784.jpg

THIS is how James Bond is supposed to look:

daniel-craig-flashbacks-of-a-fool-27.jpg

UPDATE: In other news Craig has dropped out at the last minute of filming 'The Whole Truth': http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/names/2014/04/07/daniel-craig-local-movie-stops-before-starts/oiUR7CXMtHa5ZG1Y3J6WZL/story.html
    I wonder why he has pulled out of that film...maybe they are starting Bond earlier !
    Its not confirmed yet. Time will tell.
    Rachel looks marvellous but Daniel....ummm.....I'm not sure. Firstly his jacket is really ill-fitting and surprisingly baggy for him. Craig is known for his super-tight suits so it's odd to see him in his outfit. Secondly, his hair is awful and ages him signifcantly. He looks far from suave and in fact a little seedy. He is also looking a bit too chunky for my liking.

Hm - you have a ton of wonderful pics over at DTD and pick one of the FEW not so good ones to make a point? Do you really want me to shower this forum with all the pics, that show, how he looks actually particularly well yesterday? Yes?

About the hair though, its too blown up. The same a bit more flat and it looks good. I have a comparable pic.