The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Pajan005 wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

That's an old story but the only people who know if it's true or not it's them I guess!

I don't think it's a good idea to become parents at that age. But if they want to do it, go ahed, I guess.

You lost me there, I must confess.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Sandy wrote:
    You lost me there, I must confess.

Yeah. You're right.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2014 Posts: 12,459
    @Pajan005 - just by the way, I had older parents and they were gems. I was really blessed. Shouldn't be a problem in itself.

@UniversalExport -As for Sean's statement, we probably don't want to rehash that here on this thread (yes, he meant it in a way, personally, not talking about Bond). We can continue that on a Connery thread. (And your English is fine for posting; no worries. I wish I could write in another language.)

Hair for Dan - I just don't want it as short as in Skyfall. Too military and not as attractive, in my opinion.

Re; the PSA - thanks for posting! I cannot listen to the audio yet, but it looked really good. Thanks, @Germanlady. :) You always give us interesting things.
    But I think DC needs shorter hair than in this video. And a good night's sleep by the look of it! I thought he was going to be acting as the one who'd been abused... he looks like he's been beaten up.
    He does look a bit rough in this, I agree.
    But still good. :)
    The hair has been taken care of already, as mentioned in another post. Its short again.

This could still be Betrayal time.
    I know it is short, I read that - I just don't want it close to a buzz or as short as in Skyfall. We shall see. And soon I hope. :)
    I know it is short, I read that - I just don't want it close to a buzz or as short as in Skyfall. We shall see. And soon I hope. :)

Well if he cuts it now, he's got approx. 5-6 months before shooting. It will be long again by then and that is likely so the costume designer and creative team will be able to trim it back to what they're comfortable with.
    Having it short for the gym during summer makes sense. There is another honouring oin May 13, then we shall see, what it looks like now,.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    More often than not DC looks like he's on drugs. What's happening here? Is he partying all night like he's 20? Am I alone in being worried?
    edited April 2014 Posts: 432
    @Pajan005 - just by the way, I had older parents and they were gems. I was really blessed. Shouldn't be a problem in itself.

I see what you mean. I guess it's better to look at things in a more optimistic way.

zebrafish wrote:
    More often than not DC looks like he's on drugs. What's happening here? Is he partying all night like he's 20? Am I alone in being worried?

Looks like he is straight out of the 80's. I do like the jeans jacket. The only thing I'm worried about is that red-ish dot he has on his forehead. Looks like an injury.

By the way. Did you see how many dislikes that 30-second ad got? Wasn't expecting that. Aren't they sending a good message?
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Many men are annoyed, they are seen as the sole gender, that rapes. But like this, there might be more of a discussion about the topic, so maybe its not bad.

As for DC, Partying yes, but drogs - rather not - anymore. Surely in his youth though.
    This is not THAT recent either. 80's look because of the play he was doing placed in the 70's. He was looking fine in all the recent shots.
    Germanlady wrote:
    This is not THAT recent either. 80's look because of the play he was doing placed in the 70's. He was looking fine in all the recent shots.

You think this is from his time in Betrayal? That could make sense.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 7,653
    Germanlady wrote:
    Many men are annoyed, they are seen as the sole gender, that rapes.

And the numbers show that 99% of the rapists are MEN, and they should be annoyed and critical of their mates and protective of their female friends.

The problem tackled with this video is the abuse of women at colleges and universities which is a big problem everywhere. But the problem is too often laid at the feet of women and what they did and about the men that consider females their toys.

Good to see that Daniel Craig through his fame as 007 gives this message.

Its a bit hard for me to understand, how rape can be done, if the man and his little friend doesn't want to anyway.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 11,425
    Not sure I'm quite understanding the trajectory of this thread...

Going back to Dan's appearance though, he does look like he likes to party quite hard.

I think this is something that distinguishes a lot of thespy actors (which is what Dan is at heart) and regular Hollywood stars. The Tom Cruises etc are obsessed with maintaining their youthful looks, whereas a lot of actors who come from the stage and still aspire to great character parts, don't care quite so much. I think for some male actors (think Jude Law) they are even keen to lose their boyish good looks, so that they can get to do the meatier, older parts - particularly in Shakespeare, but also in films as well. They carry on with the partying, smoking, drinking, drugs (perhaps), women, because for men in particular, there is no shortage of stage roles for the older, more 'lived in' looking actor.
    heading waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic here folks !
    Do we really? What IS the topic then, when not DC. I don't see off topic.
    I think it's nice of him to take time to spread a good message.

Not really sure if we're going off topic.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Craig is always interested in participating in this sort of campaigns, good for him! That was obviously shot during the time he was on Broadway and he wasn't looking his best that day. Some actors would not have shown up or would appear wearing a load of makeup but not him, he obviously doesn't care how he looks and has nothing to prove or to hide. Good for him, I say!
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    (Now this is off-topic)
    The read-shirt behind DC seems to have a flea on his neck, twice.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,601
    From last night - still in Ireland.
    Hair IS short, but looking very good.
    10259958_786089254742689_2855268223688233338_n_zps8d4006bb.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    Germanlady wrote:
    As for DC, Partying yes, but drogs - rather not - anymore.

Not what I've heard from acquaintances.

Not winding you up btw. I know I usually do.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Wasn'*t there talks about Ireland as location? Maybe there is some location hunting going on as a side kick?
    Germanlady wrote:
    From last night - still in Ireland.
    Hair IS short, but looking very good.
    10259958_786089254742689_2855268223688233338_n_zps8d4006bb.jpg
    You can say whatever you want, but this is a man who simply doesn't age well. Just compare him with Moore and Brosnan at that age.
    Could well be some location scouting going on? I mean sooner or later they are going to have to start designing and building sets for the next movie? :bz
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks for the pic, GL. He looks good. I like the hair, but it's his SF hair, and I prefer it a little bit longer. I'd like to see Bond go to an Irish pub with Felix. "Two pints of Guinness. Where's your sense of adventure, James?"