The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

LOL, we know, how he into hiring people at events ... ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2014 Posts: 28,694
    doubleoego wrote:
    He better not be trying to persuade Madge to do another theme.

I think Dan has a careful enough ear to discern between crap and brilliance. I surmise we'll be just fine. ;)
  • doubleoego wrote:
    He better not be trying to persuade Madge to do another theme.

As long as they don't go the autotune route (as the did in DAD), I'd be okay with it. What an awful trend...

• edited February 2014 Posts: 4,400
    Germanlady is right Craig has a habit of hiring people he meets at parties (Javier Bardem and Sam Mendes)

Here he is with Anne Hathaway last night.

daniel-craig-makes-jimmy-kimmel-crack-up-at-american-songbook-gala-05.jpg

She was great in the Dark Knight film, I'd never have her pegged as ever being in the vixen type role but she really stole that whole film. I'd happily have her play a Bond girl next time out. She looks very old-school '60's Bondian here:

article-2034954-0DC2F0CB00000578-914_634x735.jpg

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Daniel Craig and Anne Hathaway have meet before. Have you heard the story:

I wonder about her chances now. ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I do like Anne a lot. And she is really channeling Audrey in that photo with the hat and suitcase, isn't she? Although I sincerely wish she would grow her hair longer again, at least to her shoulders; and gain a few pounds. She had so much extra muscle and weight in her Batman film. She doesn't have to work out that hard, but she is too thin still, in my opinion. She would be great in a Bond film ... yet I don't know about when. It may be too soon. Also, I don't get the overkill of "hate" directed towards her in the past year or so. She is a fine actress and seems like a nice enough person. Definitely talented.

Hair check: I do like Craig's hair these days. Hope for something like that for Bond 24.

I thinkDan will be in prime shape for this film - meaning not just physically but look at his life now: married (we all hope happily; it seems so, even though we all know appearances can be deceiving), finished an outstandingly successful play, and enough time to really prep for the role. The script should have been finished by now. So no writers strike/stress/rush to make the film/doubts because the last one was riddled with problems ... none of that. And Mendes returning is a plus; Dan worked well with him, I think, by all accounts I've read. Mendes does not like to repeat himself, so I do expect a different film than Skyfall. I am hopeful, though.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I think this is the perfect haircut for him:

daniel-craig-names-choice-for-next-bond-star-07.jpg

It is cut shorter, but it hides the receding hairline much better than the present one, and also makes him look younger. This is approximately what I do to hide my receding temples, btw.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I pretty much agree with the above photo, maybe just a tad longer on the sides. But I like the way it looks on top, yes.
  • He does look good.

Craig is well seasoned in his late 40s, we have a great new M, Moneypenny and Q, Mendes is back...

All of the stars are aligned for a great Bond 24.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Superintendent, I agree. I think that haircut is perfect.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Accidentally found this while searching for something else, it's apparently fresh news and I'm sure this will spark again the rumours of Ireland as a possible Bond 24 location. Rachel Weisz is going to film a movie in Ireland and she was Daniel are looking for a house in Dublin.
    http://www.independent.ie/woman/daniel-craig-to-set-up-home-in-dublin-with-wife-rachel-weisz-29998885.html
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yes, that just Jared pic if Craig is perfect. That is the hair style he should most definitely have. How old is the pic?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I think this is the perfect haircut for him:

daniel-craig-names-choice-for-next-bond-star-07.jpg

It is cut shorter, but it hides the receding hairline much better than the present one, and also makes him look younger. This is approximately what I do to hide my receding temples, btw.
    That is incredible. Definitely a photo worthy of being included in the hair thread. Just grow out the sideburns a tad, and we have a real winner here. =D> BTW, the photo seems to have been taken around the time of SF's release.
    I agree with my friend @QBranch. DC looks absolutely perfect here. Let's hope he keeps this loo for B24.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 11,139
    Edit
    It's strange how during the promos and interviews for SF, Craig's hair was how many of would have preferred it to be in the actual film. His stint on SNL is another example of this.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    doubleoego wrote:
    Yes, that just Jared pic if Craig is perfect. That is the hair style he should most definitely have. How old is the pic?

It's from 2012.

More pics here:

http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2745539/daniel-craig-names-choice-for-next-bond-star-07/

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Looks like Dan got a narrow escape not taking that role in Monuments Men, the word is that Clooney totally dropped the ball on this one and the reviews have been pretty scathing.

Even though Dan wasn't going to appear I was still quite intrigued by this but then the trailers were pretty dull with an uneven tone and the film seems to have come across that way as well. Pity really the subject matter suggested that a great film could be made out of it and that cast as well.
    Shardlake wrote:
    Looks like Dan got a narrow escape not taking that role in Monuments Men, the word is that Clooney totally dropped the ball on this one and the reviews have been pretty scathing.

Even though Dan wasn't going to appear I was still quite intrigued by this but then the trailers were pretty dull with an uneven tone and the film seems to have come across that way as well. Pity really the subject matter suggested that a great film could be made out of it and that cast as well.

Yes and even though Sony are putting on a brave front, the box office opening was pretty underwhelming.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    This goes back to Craig saying after Skyfall the next film he does would be for the love of doing it. The Whole Truth must be it.
    Wouldn't mind if Anne Hathaway landed a Bond role?! She is a very good actress!
    Just wanted to post this as the nan is just so damn cool without even having to speak

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=22r-I3TOTr0
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's a brilliant ad, @doubleoego, and I've never seen it before! Here it is in HD quality, though more shortened:

I could've seen it used as a teaser for the film, as it is very symbolic of who Bond is. He takes all the shots but keeps on moving, no matter what.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That could easily be the intro of a Main Title Sequence. :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,945
    'One Life with Daniel Craig' documentary

Narrated by Daniel Craig and filmed throughout 12 countries on every continent, One Life celebrates the journey taken by all living things, from the moment they are born to when they reproduce.

8:30pm tonight on channel TEN (Australia)
    QBranch wrote:
    'One Life with Daniel Craig' documentary

Narrated by Daniel Craig and filmed throughout 12 countries on every continent, One Life celebrates the journey taken by all living things, from the moment they are born to when they reproduce.

8:30pm tonight on channel TEN (Australia)

Wished it was being shown in the UK!!!! :((
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    doubleoego wrote:
    Just wanted to post this as the nan is just so damn cool without even having to speak

Two things:

1. That's how I want Craig's James Bond to look.
    2. This sony ad looks better than the one they used for SF (IMO)
  • doubleoego wrote:

Two things:

1. That's how I want Craig's James Bond to look.
    )

So do I !!!
    Are you guys seriously seeing this for the first time? It came out circa QoS. I'm sure you must have seen it back in '08.
  • doubleoego wrote:
    Are you guys seriously seeing this for the first time? It came out circa QoS. I'm sure you must have seen it back in '08.

Now that you mention it. I guess after the Way he looked in SF the idea he actually can look handsome had simply been erased from my memories.