The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Deadline confirms that Craig will star in an upcoming courtroom drama:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114167
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Scooping from our trustworthy Baz again.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,601
    There is just no shooting date yet, but I hope, its done before Bond.
    Germanlady wrote:
    There is just no shooting date yet, but I hope, its done before Bond.

That's what I was thinking would happen, but that's just me wanting Craig to be free after B24 and Fincher to be free after 'Gone Girl' so they can do TGWPWF. I'm still holding on to that dream.
    I suppose, the option ist still there. Like you, still hoping, but on the other hand, whatever is good and on the big screen will do fine for me.
    Germanlady wrote:
    I suppose, the option ist still there. Like you, still hoping, but on the other hand, whatever is good and on the big screen will do fine for me.

Agreed. I want TGWPWF, but I'm not expecting it and anything with Craig works for me.
    Seems it was a wise decision to drop out. From the early trailer on, I had the feeling, it was rather triste and bloodless.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_monuments_men/
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    Craig should be free this Spring, so I think they should have time to film before B24. But, I read that they are still in script phase. It's safest to say it will be out early 2015 or something.
    Lets say, its a 3 months shoot and they start in March, it could even be ready by end of the year. I am not sure, the script isn't ready. I think, it is. DC or any actor wouldn't normally go into a film without a more or less finished script.
    edited January 2014 Posts: 432
    I do wish it is done by the end of the year. I miss seeing Craig on the big screen.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And well, I do have lots of handwritten letters from 5 and 6 year olds telling me funny stories (things like: "And Jackie fell down, and she cry and cry. Hahahaha!") ... and that they love me. All of which I will always cherish. :x

Makes your day, I guess. That is so sweet, and you know they mean it.
    Pajan005 wrote:
    I do wish it is done by the end of the year. I miss seeing Craig on the big screen.

Its entirely possible and since its an Indie film, there isn't all that much promo, I guess during filming 24.
    Germanlady wrote:
    Seems it was a wise decision to drop out. From the early trailer on, I had the feeling, it was rather triste and bloodless.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_monuments_men/

'The Monuments Men' has a very interesting concept to me - I'm a huge WWII buff - but the trailers and TV spots haven't captured my attention at all. I'll probably catch it when it's out on DVD, but it's done nothing to excite me thus far.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    edited February 2014 Posts: 4,012
    When I turned on my TV this morning (CNN) the first thing I saw was Craig's photo, it seems his phone was hacked as well by the NoTW. Sienna Miller testified yesterday and the information was released.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Sandy wrote:
    When I turned on my TV this morning (CNN) the first thing I saw was Craig's photo, it seems his phone was hacked as well by the NoTW. Sienna Miller testified yesterday and the information was released.
    Silva strikes again. The audacity of that man...
    By now, its not obvious anymore, WHO is on trial here. They got all the evidence they need but won't stop digging. Too tempting, I guess. Suppose, Daniel is overjoyed seeing his past thrown into his face by every newschannel there is. So much for keeping up a privacy level. :-L
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2014 Posts: 13,350
    Here is more information on The Whole Truth.

Filming begins in April and in the film Craig plays a Boston lawyer who will fight for victory in a trial where he defends the rights of immigrants.

It will be released early next year.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.teinteresa.es/cine/Daniel-Craig-Whole-Truth-Courtney_0_1076893396.html&prev=/search?q=courtney+hunt+the+whole+truth&start=20&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=653
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I hope Daniel's brushed up on his American Accent. his accent in Tomb Raider was bad. :))
    Murdock wrote:
    I hope Daniel's brushed up on his American Accent. his accent in Tomb Raider was bad. :))

Not only American, but a Boston accent.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Murdock wrote:

Not only American, but a Boston accent.

He could play it like in TGWTDT and just speak in his natural English accent, regardless of his character's nationality. ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, haha, he could! We shall see.
    For those, who like fashion and brands

I remember that he played an american soldier in Fateless (2005). He still sounded british. I didn't mind his accent though.
    I love TGWTDT and his performance in it, but the English accent coming out of a character who is supposed to be Swedish does throw me off. Fincher and co. could've just changed the setting of the film from Sweden to London/England and adapt the film to fit that location, but since the politics/language/laws of the areas are very different and the atmosphere would have been diminished, I guess I'd be happier with how it is now.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Daniel said, he has met many journalists from all over and also from Swedsen, who spoke accentfree english - hence it was possible for his character to do the same.

Daniel and Rachel last night at the Amnesty concert in NY

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1082694/Daniel-Craig-sings-Amnesty-gig-wife-Rachel-Weisz.html
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I just love Imagine Dragons! They wouldn't be a bad choice for a Bond theme now that I think about it!
    edited February 2014 Posts: 432
    I live in Sweden. One of my friends who works at a bar told me that Daniel had walked in to the bar and pretended like he was not an actor. He ordered some drinks and said that he had worse weather in England. This was during filming of TGWTDT. He was probably on a break. Strange that he didn't have any bodyguards with him.

I wish I had seen them filming the movie. Because I live nearby the locations they used.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I love TGWTDT and his performance in it, but the English accent coming out of a character who is supposed to be Swedish does throw me off.

Would have been worse if he should speak English with a Swedish accent. That trick always bugs me in films. Better to go the route of Highlander. then. You have a Scotsman with a a French accent, a Spaniard with a Scottish accent, and a Kurgan with an American accent. And it never bothered me one bit.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    He better not be trying to persuade Madge to do another theme.