The Official Halloween thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,554
    QBranch wrote: »
    Awesome costume, @TripAces! Do you have the cane to match?

Yes, I do. That was the easiest piece to find.

For those interested, the mask (which is heavy and can be difficult to adjust right) and the suit were available via eBay. There was a costume manufacturer out of GB that makes the suit: Called "James Bones."
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I've always dreamed of doing what Grandpa Phil did in Hey Arnold! and offering a bowl full of live worms to the trick or treaters. Maybe this is the night...

@mattjoes, speaking of Hey Arnold!, I loved how many Halloween centric episodes that show did, which were always my favorite for the creepy feeling they gave me. One could have a fun mini-marathon on Halloween watching those episodes.

Yeah. The one with the headless cabbie may well be my favorite.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you know what, I feel like I've "accidentally" done the same thing with TGWTDT without even realizing it. But you're right, walking out of the theater after my first viewing of it, snow blanketing the ground and it being freezing out made it even more fitting. Just felt right seeing it then.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2017 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you know what, I feel like I've "accidentally" done the same thing with TGWTDT without even realizing it. But you're right, walking out of the theater after my first viewing of it, snow blanketing the ground and it being freezing out made it even more fitting. Just felt right seeing it then.

Considering its content and a release days before Christmas, it didn't do too bad. There was no other time to release that than in winter, though, and clearly Sony were after Oscars so releasing it after the new year was out of the question. Still sad we won't see a sequel, at least with the original team.
  • Here's me!! I attached some black screen material to the eyes, and added the elastic waist to my boiler suit (those things are NOT flattering unless you do)
    Didn't get to weather it and add bullet holes, but there's always next year!

TnQ4yBT.jpg

iW0pLGo.jpg

ZYqhRe4.jpg

zZ5x5FA.jpg

W9gQPBM.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Master_Dahark, very well done, and I love some of the shot creations. My favorite is the one with your cat. As if Michael is saying, "Cat? What is cat?"
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @Master_Dahark just awesome!!!!
  • RareJamesBondFanRareJamesBondFan Touch it. You can touch it if you want.
    Just some snapshots of my Halloween day/night...

First, what I made my mother into with some minor face make-up and acrylic paint:
    3BrTU7K.jpg

My dad dressed up on his bike:
    tNjQSAW.jpg

My mom and dad ready to throw small candies at little children:
    oQUVMN2.jpg
    Cool parents, yo!
    Wow Bradders....your parents are really up for it and look brilliant !!..what did you wear ?
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Cool parents, yo!
    Indeed. I've been extremely fortunate in that regard.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Wow Bradders....your parents are really up for it and look brilliant !!..what did you wear ?
    @barryt007, I've never been a big dresser-upper, so I just threw on my peacoat and scarf and followed them about throughout the night. The kids in our town apparently had a fun reaction to them stopping and tossing candy, and word of my parents got around the tricker treaters in the area fast given the very distinct nature of their get-ups and the fact that they were on a bike and chucking free goodies everywhere.

I must say I was increasingly terrified by my own mom as I applied more of the makeup and paint, and she really got into the part. She's always had fun on Halloween, and would dress up every year for work along with her other co-workers and friends. My dad has only recently gotten into it, but he loves driving around and giving out candy, so it's apparently going to be their new tradition (this is only their second year doing this particular activity).
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Cool parents, yo!
    Indeed. I've been extremely fortunate in that regard.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    @barryt007, I've never been a big dresser-upper, so I just threw on my peacoat and scarf and followed them about throughout the night. The kids in our town apparently had a fun reaction to them stopping and tossing candy, and word of my parents got around the tricker treaters in the area fast given the very distinct nature of their get-ups and the fact that they were on a bike and chucking free goodies everywhere.

I must say I was increasingly terrified by my own mom as I applied more of the makeup and paint, and she really got into the part. She's always had fun on Halloween, and would dress up every year for work along with her other co-workers and friends. My dad has only recently gotten into it, but he loves driving around and giving out candy, so it's apparently going to be their new tradition (this is only their second year doing this particular activity).

Great stuff...my mum used to love halloween as well and always dressed up and sat watching the horror films ,apple bobbing etc...happy times indeed !
    Here's me!! I attached some black screen material to the eyes, and added the elastic waist to my boiler suit (those things are NOT flattering unless you do)
    Didn't get to weather it and add bullet holes, but there's always next year!

TnQ4yBT.jpg

iW0pLGo.jpg

ZYqhRe4.jpg

zZ5x5FA.jpg

W9gQPBM.jpg

That is a fantastic outfit,would scare the crap out of people...did you get any special scares with it on the night ?
    Everybody have a good Halloween, then? I didn't get to enjoy Carpenter's classic like I had hoped, but I had family in and out the entire evening/night, made it impossible. Barely got through The Thing, but it was classic and thrilling as always.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 4,813
    @barryt007 thanks! I worked the dreaded 2-12 shift on Halloween so that was a bummer, but I did go to a party the Saturday prior! I had so many plans to weather those overalls but I just never found the time.
    Maybe I’ll just bury them in the dirt till next Halloween :))

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 those costumes are sick!! You have really fun parents by the looks of it! I certainly hope you dressed up too!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited November 2017 Posts: 3,985
    20171028_215918-2.jpg
    I went all killer clown for our Halloween party. Tried to copy the IT clown make up. Didn't come out too badly....
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    wumo59f3440f84ff67.59190614.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I went to a different party this year so the Wolverine was pulled out of costume retirement.

vTCCp2F.jpg
    BjOU10A.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Does it hurt when they come out?
    Does it hurt when they come out?

As I'm becoming Old Logan, Yes!

Could tell me that @talos7 was Jackman's stunt double in the Wolverine films and I'd absolutely buy it. Looking cool as always!
    Awesome as always, @talos7. Getting old sucks but look at it this way: you're going to be able to make the best Old Man Logan cosplay out there! Not that you're showing any years on you anyway, my friend.
    Thanks!
    talos7 wrote: »
    I went to a different party this year so the Wolverine was pulled out of costume retirement.

vTCCp2F.jpg

Awesome pic!!!!
    Thank You. I'm trying to arrange something where a group of "superheroes" visit the local Children's Hospital.
  • So here's what I'm working on this year-- it shouldn't be hard to guess what it is ;)
    This is pretty much good to go, save for the heavy weathering.

oqQv9bX.jpg

A LOT of work went into it, because it had a handle coming out the back with the button attached to it- it makes noise and the chain moves. I needed to unscrew everything and remove the electronics, use a jigsaw to make a hole in the back, create a 'handle' to go inside, and rigged the button to that instead. All while keeping all the wires intact. But it works!!! I insert my hand, have a grip, and can hit the button!

This will be a good one when I'm done I think!

What does everyone else have planned? Halloween is Wednesday this year, which is a bummer, but I think some parties will happen the weekend prior.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Lovely prop @Master_Dahark. :D
    Probably a horror film and that's about it this year.
    Halloween,Bonfire Night and Xmas all crappy days this year.