Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

1121314151618»

Comments

Check out my newest Funko custom by my awesome girlfriend! ROBOCOP
    Something a little different:

my girlfriend had a great idea and bought some of those cute 'Funko POP' figures- she made 'us'

unnamed_zps762e02e4.jpg
    I figure this sort of fits here.

Those 'Funko Pop Vinyls' are really popular now- I recently picked up Michael Myers & Jason, but decided they were too cute. They both got complete repaints!
    Here are the originals:

41QYmzCycwL.jpg41HDP83LnjL.jpg

jasonmichael_zpsdw8zt0zc.jpg

All credit goes to my girlfriend, lol

The original was plain as hell- standard silver and not particularly shiny.

Robocop-Vinyl-Figure.jpg

Now he has blue (and purple) highlights and is ULTRA shiny, to match his appearance in RoboCop 2, which was always my favorite look for him

3371722-robocop2-02.jpg

robo1_zpsztxod3al.jpg

A closeup on the varying colors:

robo_zpsfepkgpb7.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • Now here's an interesting read! Find out what Paul Verhoeven thought of the RoboCop remake!

paul-verhoeven.jpg
    robocop-remake-slice.jpg

Surprisingly, he doesn't outright bash it, but makes many good points on why it wasn't as good as his.
    As someone who loves his movie to death, yet found the remake to be pretty good, I agree with what he says.
    Somehow they seem to think that the lightness of say Total Recall and Robocop is a hindrance. So they take these somewhat absurd stories and make them much too serious. I think that is a mistake. Especially in Robocop when he awakens they gave him the same brain. He’s a horribly injured and amputated victim, which is horrifying and tragic from the very beginning. So we didn’t do that in Robocop. His brain is gone and he has only flashes of memory and needs to go to a computer to find out who he even is. I think by not having a robot brain, you make the movie much heavier and I don’t think that helps the movie in anyway. It becomes more silly or absurd, but in the wrong way. Both those movies needed the distance of satire or comedy to situate it for audiences. Playing it straight without any humour is a problem and not an improvement.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/paul-verhoeven-reveals-what-he-thinks-of-the-remake-of-robocop-126