Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Now I know how fans in their fifties reacted to trailers of Flash Gordon in 1979... :))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RoboCop meets Metal Gear Solid 4.
    Still looks utter crap.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm robophobic, too, Mr. Jackson, because this film looks like a trainwreck!
    Mmmm you can just smell the mediocrity lingering off of it. Movies today are losing there soul. I hope this movie bombs. Where is the creativity? Where is the originality? It's just another generic bargain basement cash in. I'll wait until this movie is in my public library before I see it, if I see it. I'd rather watch the original classic. Not come hackneyed re-imagining. I already see it's going to be a preachy film.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited November 2013 Posts: 7,854
    Murdock wrote:
    RoboCop meets Metal Gear Solid 4.

(MGS4 reference) That trailer is crawling with lizards.

I'm still pissed off at the hand. Plus, there seems to be no real reason for Alex Murphy to become RoboCop. "We're gonna put a man in a machine", car bomb. Yippie. And what the hell were Cylons doing walking around with the Metal Gears?!
    @Murdock, the more and more I think about it, I don't even think this film will be worth a $1.20 rental from Redbox. It looks that bad.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @Murdock, the more and more I think about it, I don't even think this film will be worth a $1.20 rental from Redbox. It looks that bad.

It wouldn't. The odds that it'd be worth $.20 are slim.
    I wouldn't spend a penny on. If you have a library. Rent it there for free.
    If your library eventually has that in its stock, you're never going to learn a single thing there.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 1,310
    I love the original. It is one of my favorite sci-fi films of all time.

I am really trying to like this new version. But - argh - it looks like a video game. That last shot with CG Robo playing rodeo with (what I think is to be) ED-209....yikes.

I just....ugh.
    There's nothing right about this version, except the fact that the main character is named Alex Murphy.
    The most unfortunate thing is that this will release, and - like the 'Grown Ups' films - make millions of dollars in theaters somehow.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The most unfortunate thing is that this will release, and - like the 'Grown Ups' films - make millions of dollars in theaters somehow.
    Star power & slick explosions will undoubtedly earn it some money, but will it be a hit?
    I predict moderate success. Beyond that, I will fall on my sword.
    What's funny is they show mostly Samuel L Jackson and Michael Keaton. Robocop who?
    I figure it will make a relatively average amount of money, which is also unfortunate.
    Honestly, how much did Total Recall's remake make? I don't see it making any more than that, and that was far more faithful to the original than RoboSh*t is.
    It made $198,467,168 worldwide and on this Robocop's budget of $120 million that isn't good enough.
    It'd recoup, but that's about it.
    I'll admit...'Total Recall' was a guilty pleasure of mine. Not as good as the original, of course, but I still liked it. This? Trash. But, with the amount of money that certain films make these days, I won't be surprised if it makes over $100 million. Hell, I watched that 'The Devil Inside' film - really, really bad, couldn't even finish it - and was shocked to see how much money it made in theaters.
    I don't see a problem with liking Total Recall. The only important thing the original had that the remake lacks is the ambiguity over whether or not Quaid is in a hallucination.
    Trailer 3:

And if you thought it looked bad after those first 2 trailers, this makes it even worse and I didn't think that was physically possible!
    I saw that trailer was posted yesterday (I believe) and just shrugged it off. It won't be any better than the first two I had to sit through.

@WillyGalore, duly noted! Not even going to click the Play button and give it a shot.
    RoboCop doesn't have a human f***ing hand! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!
    Metal Gear Murphy!
    Generic Computer Generated Action!
    What troubles me is that people are going to take money they've earned and spend it on this. It's the equivalent of taking the price of a ticket and lighting it on fire.
    I'm so glad I'll be getting a ticket to see a good movie. The Lego Movie.
    Is it possible to have less than zero interest?