Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    chrisisall wrote:
    Is it possible to have less than zero interest?

If it is, then you can sign me up. Like, maybe a -14% interest? That's where I'm at.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The sad thing is, it'll probably get a sequel.
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 6,396
    ^ I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be a B.O. flop so that a sequel never sees the light of day.

Even the tagline for it is s*** - "Crime has a new enemy".

If none of the production team or marketing department can be bothered to make much effort why should I?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    This is why I'm seeing The Lego Movie.
    I think most taglines these days are really terrible and embarrassing, so I guess it suits the film quite nicely.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/w-jINDthsoo?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/w-jINDthsoo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    RoboCop 2014 + Almost Human + Death Race? Great, now the Asylum's f*ckin' up three things at once. Even Robo 2014 doesn't deserve that.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    This Summer...
    A Maniac is bent on world destruction...
    A valued MI-6 agent is killed during the investigation...
    A corporation named OCP has the solution...

ROBOBOND!
    That voice... it's not menacing, is not from a robot, isn't even from a cop! And not a special forces cop, a mall cop!
    Joel Kinnaman talks about why the film isn't a "remake":

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112320
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Joel Kinnaman talks about why the film isn't a "remake":

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=112320
    I think the title of that article is slightly misleading....

Of course it's a remake, and Kinnaman knows it. He's just saying that Robo 2014 isn't going to simply copy all the popular elements from the original. He's HOPING that this film will create its own popular elements.

From what we've seen in the the trailers, however, all roads are pointing in the other direction....
    The trailer screams "trainwreck" and doesn't look like it has anything great to show.
    Always makes me laugh when actors/directors etc. get so defensive when they're asked about their remake. It's always the same standard cop out:

"It's not a remake, it's a re-imagining paying loving homage to the original whilst being fresh...and in no way at all is it a cheap attempt to milk an already out of date cash cow"
    Hmmmm... Maybe they shouldn't have named it "RoboCop" then.
    Hmmmm... Maybe they shouldn't have named it "RoboCop" then.

The title should've just been an image of a steamy turd, because that's what it's shaping up to be right now.
    That's what it started out as, judging by all the trailers.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 1,310
    Great news for fans of the original:

RoboCop Blu-Ray 2014 Remastered

I KNEW they were gonna give RoboCop the proper HD transfer it deserved when this remake got closer to theaters. I've been holding out for a proper blu-ray of this classic film, and now it looks like I'm going to get it! Rumor has that it will be a 4K transfer too...mmmmm
    SJK91 wrote:
    Great news for fans of the original:

RoboCop Blu-Ray 2014 Remastered

I KNEW they were gonna give RoboCop the proper HD transfer it deserved when this remake got closer to theaters. I've been holding out for a proper blu-ray of this classic film, and now it looks like I'm going to get it! Rumor has that it will be a 4K transfer too...mmmmm

Let's just hope that more people decide to pick up the original on blu-ray and not shell out money for the remake in theaters.
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 2,107
    I still can't get over the fact that, well the suit looks like a suit that the wearer can just take off.
    Some new clips have been released:

• edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    Duplicate post.
  • lol Keaton is going to steal this whole movie
    It's just plain sad that such an obviously sh*t movie has three amazing actors - Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson and Gary Oldman - and will probably succeed based on those three faces alone.
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 6,396
    It's quite clear the whole thing is catered for 12 year olds. My partner really wants to go watch it, but I've made myself quite clear that hell will have to freeze over before I'm dragged kicking and screaming to watch it.

(I'm sure I'll be able to obtain it at a later date for free.) ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I will see it, but mainly because my son wants to go. Could be pleasantly surprised? I loved the first two, then it took a nosedive. I am sure this will be better than RC3, anyway.
    I am sure this will be better than RC3, anyway.

I doubt it. Say what you will about RoboCop 3, it was basically just the first two dumbed down, nothing else. This new one just looks like sh*t.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wonder what the soundtrack will be like. I hope it's not yet another Hans Zimmer soundalike. There is only one Robocop.
    I'm in the mood to watch the original this evening :-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm in the mood to watch the original this evening :-)

Me too. :)