Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Old is the new new.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Agent007391, you've got it! Two of those alone had updates on them today. Such a shame.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,691
    Let's reboot the Rambo movies! Hell, let's reboot Riddick, that last movie must be months old by now! Let's make a movie of one of my favourite novels, Forever War... wait, that's never been done before. Well we certainly can't do it NOW then.... 8-|
    chrisisall wrote:
    Let's reboot the Rambo movies! Hell, let's reboot Riddick, that last movie must be months old by now! Let's make a movie of one of my favourite novels, Forever War... wait, that's never been done before. Well we certainly can't do it NOW then.... 8-|

I hear they're still working on casting for the 'Fantastic Four' reboot, which, I can understand, because the last two films were garbage. They just need to have a good team behind it so we don't end up with another trainwreck.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2013 Posts: 13,350
    How about a LEGO movie! Oh wait...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Movie

Fantastic Four has a release date sometime in March 2015 but is being rewritten. Somehow I don't think it will happen for a while.
    They're attacking just about anything these days, just to make a movie (and hopefully quick cash) out of it.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 4,813
    Soon you can buy an 8-bit RoboCop!

robocop.gif

robocop-nes-img-2-610x921.jpg

From NECA. The idea originated from an '8-bit variant' they did of Jason, in the old NES game colors. A cool idea if you collect that sort of thing

Creasy47 wrote:
    I hear they're still working on casting for the 'Fantastic Four' reboot, which, I can understand, because the last two films were garbage.
    Awwwwww. I had fun with those....
    b-(
    @chrisisall, I liked their choice of villain in the first one, because I'm a huge Julian McMahon fan - thanks to Nip/Tuck - but other than that, it was a bust for me. I only liked Evans in it, who oddly enough is the only "famous" one out of everyone in it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I only liked Evans in it, who oddly enough is the only "famous" one out of everyone in it.
    Chris went on to SHINE as Cap! =D>
    @chrisisall, that he did! Have you seen the trailer I posted in the 'Coming Soon To Cinemas' thread for 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'? It looks phenomenal. I've watched it so many times today.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @chrisisall, that he did! Have you seen the trailer

OHHHH YEAHHHHH, the Marvel movies just keep getting better & better!!!!

Well, maybe not Spider-man, but Marvel doesn't control that, Sony does.
    I don't get this amped for many superhero movies - Batman, that's about it, maybe MoS when it was about to come out - and I'm really excited to see this in theaters.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I happened to like Amazing Spider-Man. I felt it was a far better representation of the character than the Sam Raimi films.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Batman vs Superman is the movie I've been waiting for all my life. There will be HELL to pay if they screw that up!!

As for RoboCop, I'm still undecided. I actually love his voice, and it's sort of fun how they [appear to] do the exact opposite with Murphy's transformation compared to the original. In the '87 movie, Murphy slowly regains his memories and has his humanity by the end, and judging by the trailer he seems more like a guy who woke up from a coma ('what is this suit...?') and loses his humanity from there. Again, this is just the impression I got from what I've seen.

...I still wish he didn't have that damn human hand....
    I happened to like Amazing Spider-Man. I felt it was a far better representation of the character than the Sam Raimi films.
    The Raimi movies were fine, Amazing Spider-man was well done, but they STILL haven't got it right yet (maybe a TOO big fan of the Lee/Romita years here...)..
    I liked the Raimi films (sans the third one, it was horrendous), and I thought 'The Amazing Spider-Man' was really good.

As for 'Batman vs. Superman,' anyone see the 'I Am Legend' easter egg that has a poster for it with a release date of 2010? Pretty cool that the film is now happening.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As for 'Batman vs. Superman,' anyone see the 'I Am Legend' easter egg that has a poster for it with a release date of 2010? Pretty cool that the film is now happening.

Sadly, they were five years off.
    @Agent007391, yeah, it's still cool that it came to fruition, though.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As for 'Batman vs. Superman,' anyone see the 'I Am Legend' easter egg that has a poster for it with a release date of 2010?
    Best part of that (again) re-make.
    :-<
    I did just watch the trailer for Captain America The Winter Soldier, and I have to say that I'm salivating right now just because I saw more than one Helicarrier in one shot.
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    As for 'Batman vs. Superman,' anyone see the 'I Am Legend' easter egg that has a poster for it with a release date of 2010?
    Best part of that (again) re-make.
    :-<

I Am Legend wasn't really a remake, it was simply based at the same material as two other movies. I've seen all three and happened to prefer I Am Legend to the other two.
    @Agent007391, the trailer looks incredible.

In terms of 'I Am Legend,' which ending do you prefer?
    The alternate ending, where the leader of the Hemocytes (as the DVD subtitles calls them) gets his mate back, and Neville realizes that the Hemocytes have created their own society and that he's the monster to them. Then he and the woman get to leave together, on the one bridge that somehow survived the bombing runs.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 17,691
    The alternate ending
    I totally agree, and I'd probably own the movie now if that had been the real ending. There was a lot of good in that version...
    The alternate ending, where the leader of the Hemocytes (as the DVD subtitles calls them) gets his mate back, and Neville realizes that the Hemocytes have created their own society and that he's the monster to them. Then he and the woman get to leave together, on the one bridge that somehow survived the bombing runs.

Same. I don't care for the theatrical ending whatsoever, and I thoroughly researched the recent blu-ray I purchased of the film to ensure there was a cut of the movie that has the alternate ending attached.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't care for the theatrical ending whatsoever, and I thoroughly researched the recent blu-ray I purchased of the film to ensure there was a cut of the movie that has the alternate ending attached.
    There IS one?
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I don't care for the theatrical ending whatsoever, and I thoroughly researched the recent blu-ray I purchased of the film to ensure there was a cut of the movie that has the alternate ending attached.
    There IS one?

There is. I don't think anything is altered, but the front of the blu-ray states that it is an alternate theatrical version with the "controversial ending" or whatever the marketing lingo is they decided to go with. In other words, it's just the theatrical version with the alternate ending attached instead of the theatrical ending.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    In other words, it's just the theatrical version with the alternate ending attached instead of the theatrical ending.
    Thanks, I will seek it out.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 40,492
    chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    In other words, it's just the theatrical version with the alternate ending attached instead of the theatrical ending.
    Thanks, I will seek it out.

I got it off of Amazon (used) for about $7, in great condition. Looks like it was just unwrapped and not even touched.

Edit: Clive Barker or not, boys, we are on a reboot roll today!

Barker is drafting a 'Hellraiser' reboot, with Doug Bradley returning as Pinhead:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110633
    I've got the 2 disc DVD of I Am Legend. The alternate version of the film is on disc 2. Another scene, in what looks like an indoor pool, after the woman and the kid find Neville, has been inserted into the film as well.