Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I can't believe this sh't! How can Totalfilm give a total piece of rat dung a positive review?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can't believe this sh't! How can Totalfilm give a total piece of rat dung a positive review?

That's how it seems anymore, with amazing films getting mediocre-to-poor reviews. I'll never understand it.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Because the stupid masses who either never heard of the original or just don't care eat that $%*T up.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's only one review. I'm sure the majority will understand this film for what it is - or isn't.
  • Interesting- maybe the movie's not so bad (ducks for cover) %-(

I never exactly approved the remake by any stretch, but if nothing else I always hoped it would be better than RoboCop 3. Maybe that's true at least
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I have to admit not taking Empire's reviews to seriously due to their past history of 4 star reviews for the likes of KOTC but I'm inclined to think they'll echo my sentiment more than Total Film.

Thought this was a bad idea from the get go and it appears I wasn't wrong, just watch the original, it's a classic and still stands up well despite it's dodgy SFX.

All the sequels were crap.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Interesting- maybe the movie's not so bad (ducks for cover)

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
  • Interesting- maybe the movie's not so bad (ducks for cover)

Dead or alive, you're coming with me!
    lol I'm just trying to stay optimistic- I don't pretend that this will hold a candle to the original but hopefully it will be good popcorn-movie-going fun.

That said, I still think the new RoboCop looks like Batman

tumblr_mantai2tO91qg8i80o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mantai2tO91qg8i80o1_1280.jpg

Y'know, this may have truly been a way to save the film.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    if nothing else I always hoped it would be better than RoboCop 3.
    While lacklustre from a spectacle perspective, it delivered heart where there had been none in the previous flick.
    I love R3.
    I think, after the upcoming piece of sh*t that is RoboCop 2014, people will look back on RoboCop 3 with far, far, far, far kinder eyes.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I think, after the upcoming piece of sh*t that is RoboCop 2014, people will look back on RoboCop 3 with far, far, far, far kinder eyes.

My inside source just confirmed that the DVD/blu-ray cover of this 'RoboCop' remake will be a white background with a giant, steaming turd on the middle of it.
    How's the music in the remake? Is it up to Basil Poledouris standards or more generic Zimmer ripoff crap?
  • Saw the original films years ago, loved the first one and don't remember the others. I'll give this remake a chance.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,813
    robocop3c.jpeg

'DON'T COUNT ON IT, CHUM!'

;)
    I just can't see how. RoboCop 3, crappy though it is, is still more like RoboCop than this stupid remake.
  • edited February 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Hmmm interesting-the main theme has been released- and it's an updated version of the original
    On the one hand, cool, but on the other hand (the human one, lol) if they're really remaking it, maybe they shouldn't have used the old music. Thoughts?

One thing's for sure- it will certainly be exciting hearing that music in the theater again!

Thank you @Master_Dahark, There may be hope for this remake after all.
    Even SFX has delivered a very positive review on this movie, and those guys know their scifi classics.
    I guess I must have a look then.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1200731-robocop/?nopopup=true

Perhaps this is not a complete turkey.
    I couldn't care less what the reviews say one way or the other. I have no interest in seeing the film.
    I couldn't care less what the reviews say one way or the other. I have no interest in seeing the film.

While I think that Verhoeven did a great movie, that most certainly has dated when it comes to the special effects, I find that my initial doubts have been somewhat silenced by the amount of positive feedback. Could it be that there is one of those rare remakes that is actually good??

it says: Drop the cynicism, this is a rare remake that's worthwhile, an intelligent SF drama that honours the original but does something new.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2014/02/05/robocop-review-2/

edited February 2014 Posts: 16,333
    Just listened to the Soundtrack. It's not too bad. Not as good as Basil Poledouris scores obviously but, give them credit for using the original Robo theme. Even if it's used just once.

One thing I don't really like about certain remakes are that they don't update the classic theme from the originals. (Man of Steel *cough*) I'll wait until this comes out on DVD though.
    It was panned on Film 2014 last night. (Just watched it on iPlayer). I can't wait for Kermode's review tomorrow. Could be one of his great rants.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    You know, I didn't really care much about this series, but when I saw the trailer for the reboot, I went back and started watching the original Robocop films. While the first one is still the best, I hope this reboot will be just as a good. I have been avoiding spoilers, but I hope that some of the gimmicks from the original film are added to this one.
    edited February 2014 Posts: 16,333
    I think this is a remake we can all get behind. It's a shot for shot spoof remake of the original. (Keep in mind some of it is NSFW.)
    For some showing of breasts and a lot of fake D#*^$ getting shot off.

http://ourrobocopremake.com/
    RoboCop (£2.4 mil) was beaten to the number one spot at the UK Box Office this weekend by Mr Peabody & Sherman (£3.9 mil).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    That's disarming.
    chrisisall wrote:
    That's disarming.

Had the film been "disarmed" (in other words, had that stupid f*cking human hand taken out), maybe there would have been less complaining. Anybody who's wasted their money to see the film, does he eventually lose the human hand?