Robocop (reboot, classics, games, comics)

Comments

LOL I was looking so hard in the above comic image wondering what on earth you meant before it hit me! Yeah that's the 1/4 scale Keaton Batman- he stands next to my monitor :)
    Oh hell yes- this is going to look so cool once he's all chromed up!

photo_zps6446861d.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, don't underestimate the power of adding arms.
    Oh hell yes- this is going to look so cool once he's all chromed up!

photo_zps6446861d.jpg

Looking great! Look forward to seeing the finished article once it is finished! :-bd
    Here's an update. He's got his arms and one coat of chrome spraypaint. And I used a real bullet for his rocket launcher arm, for added badassery. I still need to do the flesh, black areas and visor, but I'm on the fence on whether to leave the chrome as is, or if I want to do a black wash over it.

photo11_zps8397d862.jpg
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    edited April 2014 Posts: 7,854
    I also hope you fix his gun. It looks odd being the same color as his body.

The rest, however, looks fan-damn-tastic.
    Now, that is badass!

Goodness me that is one heck of a job you have managed their! =D>
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Wow, great work, Master! Hell, I'd buy it for two dollars! ;)
    Cool look what NECA is making!
    Batman based off the NES video game! I'll have to buy TWO: one to paint black of course....

bat01.jpg

NEC12542.jpg

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12542&mode=retail

Related to what I just posted in the Batman thread, NECA is making figs based off RoboCop vs The Terminator on SNES. Pretty cool paint design on Robo especially!

61-ASCPL-rL._SX466_.jpg
    NEC12543.jpg
    NEC12546.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    RoboCop (2014)
    I hope after this they stop trying to remake Paul Verhoeven movies. I watched it with an open mind. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. It had good ideas, but it wasn't executed well. I like that things were touched on that weren't in the original film, like the aftermath with Murphy's family. All in all, It could of and should have been better. It suffers from too many plot conveniences, choppy editing and BSG style cinematography. And the music score...bland, themeless. The original theme by the late Basil Poledouris only appears once, the rest is generic crap from the Hans Zimmer school of themeless music. Note to film composers. STOP COPYING HIM, HE SHOULDN'T BE AN INFLUENCE ON FILM MUSIC! Rant aside, It's a forgettable remake that brings nothing new to the character of Robocop. I liked it better than the Total Recall remake.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 4,813
    I had a HOT TOYS ROBOCOP HAUL!!!

Just by pure luck I found him at my local comic store. I walked around the store just mulling it over and ultimately caved!!

He is AWESOME.

Die cast metal, FOUR faces and an optional battle damaged chest plate and helmet. He talks too apparently but I haven't messed with the batteries yet.

FullSizeRender5_zps2dfea0e2.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpscdc0f37a.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zpsb63f469b.jpg

It's a little hard to see without the flash, but he has an exposed eyeball under the battle damaged visor!

FullSizeRender3_zpsc569d6fe.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zps2f5e8195.jpg

'Easy, cat.... don't do anything we'll both regret'

FullSizeRender4_zpsa3d59a34.jpg

If I had one nitpick, it would be the hand. Rather than coming with a handfull of...well, hands, RoboCop comes with two closed fists and two poseable hands. It's cool, don't get me wrong, but it took me 10 damn minutes to get him to hold his gun. A 'gun' hand would have made my day. But again, that's minor.

This guy will have a place of honor on my shelf!
    Honey, I Shrunk the Robocop! ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    That's absolutely awesome!

I got this pretty nice McFarlane one for $20 at a comic shop unboxed, I count myself lucky...
    SANY0047_zps7c7161fa.jpg
    SANY0059_zps0e077d04.jpg

FullSizeRender4_zpsa3d59a34.jpg

!

"Dead or alive, you're coming with me!"
  • Here's a closer look at his other 3 faces. They've improved since the 1989 Batman with regards to swapping them out! On Batman, they were held on with a rare earth magnet and you practically had to pry them off with a crowbar. Now, you just remove the helmet and they slide off. It's so much easier.

'Derrrrr.... math is hard.'

FullSizeRender7_zps5053011f.jpg

'I love to whistle while I work!'

FullSizeRender9_zps1cc0947e.jpg

'Excuse me, Mr. Weller, what are your thoughts on RoboCop 3?'

FullSizeRender6_zpse1210870.jpg
    Sweet! :D
    Love it or hate it, RoboCop 3 was still better than the remake.
    I concur.
    And I happen to love it.

The Asylum Film Android Cop was better than the remake and it was actually pretty decent.
    It's sad when you're beaten by a movie from The Asylum. It's truly. Granted... Android Cop had Michael Jai White. All RoboSh*t had was Michael Keaton, who's really passed his prime.
  • The RoboCop remake wasn't perfect, but I'll take it over Robo 3 any day. And Prime Directives, starring RoboMidget.

pd26.jpg
    The RoboCop remake wasn't perfect, but I'll take it over Robo 3 any day.
    No way, even if it's just for the music, R3 is way better IMO.
    And Prime Directives, starring RoboMidget.
    OMG I actually blind bought that on DVD... and sold it to a used records place the next day... [-X
    And I found out that the Canadian FX people on Prime Directives got the Bottin Robosuit & made it fit the little actor by CUTTING 3 inches off the ankle area (which did not make the Bottin crew back in LA happy). :))
    Ignore the weird fact that for some reason RoboCop is a foot shorter, and Prime Directives has plenty of good stuff to offer.

And as far as RoboCop 3 goes: Pure gold compared to the remake.
    There is an edit of Prime Directives that cuts out the crap filler and makes it more watchable.
  • I'd like to see that Murdock- buried in the four movies there were some good parts! To this day I don't know why they made four damn movies when it could have easily been one.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 7,854
    They had a time quota to fill.

Here's a fan edit. Don't know if this is the one @Murdock is talking about.

Yeah that's the one. They combined all 4 parts into one long movie. It was pretty decent. I enjoyed the Pre robo Murphy backstory the most. I think Page Fletcher did Murphy justice but wasn't very good as Robo.
    edited December 2014 Posts: 17,691
    They had a time quota to fill.
    Here's a fan edit. Don't know if this is the one @Murdock is talking about.
    I just skimmed it, boy, really brings back the bad memories. Even the lightweight TV series was better than that garbage. If it had been purely a fan production, I'd be impressed, but I wouldn't like it any better. Just look at the way the helmet & chin piece almost cover Page's mouth =)).
    If they could have at least gotten an actor the suit would fit, I *might* be able to get past the amateur production values...
    no... I couldn't.