The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Don't count on it... I'm still iffy on the reboot. Really not sure if it was all that worthwhile or even fun to watch.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I enjoyed the reboot more than Raimi's version, I just hope the next two aren't as predictable as we expect them to be. Time will tell.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    make him turn evil over his hatred for Spiderman, leading him to uncover that his identity is Peter, all sending him on a destructive spiral before he learns the truth about his dad's death and turns good in time to sacrifice himself to save Peter in a time of intense despair??

Actually that sounds like a story I'd like to see...
    HEY! I DID!!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I enjoyed the reboot more than Raimi's version, I just hope the next two aren't as predictable as we expect them to be. Time will tell.

I like the reboot better too! The first and third Spider-Man movies were just awful but I thought the second was actually good.
    I feel that the next two will be good as well. Even if they stick to the comics I don't think they'll be overly predictable. The next villian will be Electrode which we haven't seen yet.

Emma Stone discusses Gwen Stacy's fate in the upcoming 'The Amazing Spider-Man' sequel. I'm not sure what was said - I didn't want to watch it - and depending on what you know about the Spider-Man universe, possible spoilers will follow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98636
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, that's a yes. We hardly knew ye, Gwen. Actually, I haven't even seen The Amazing Spiderman, so I don't know her at all...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Killing off a female character in film two. Where have I seen that before and likely, done better?...
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Emma Stone discusses Gwen Stacy's fate in the upcoming 'The Amazing Spider-Man' sequel. I'm not sure what was said - I didn't want to watch it - and depending on what you know about the Spider-Man universe, possible spoilers will follow:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98636

I think you're safe to watch it. The question was asked and it wasn't answered. I have a feeling she will be gone by the end of the film.
    The most interesting part of that article was the cast it lists. Some of them I didn't even know were confirmed. I also checked on IMDb.com.

Andrew Garfield(Peter Parker/Spider-Man)
    Emma Stone (Gwen Stacy)
    Shailene Woodley (Mary Jane Watson)
    Jamie Foxx (Max Dillion/Electro)
    Dane DeHaan (Harry Osborn)
    Sally Field (Aunt May)
    Martian Sheen (Uncle Ben)

I thought most of them were confirmed, but I didn't know DeHaan was confirmed to play Harry Osborn yet.
    edited January 2013 Posts: 1,812
    IMDb.com says he is, but they have been wrong in the past, and your link says he is as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Killing off a female character in film two. Where have I seen that before and likely, done better?...
    The Dark Knight.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Oh well, i hope some actual drama and excitment can be included in the next film. Because " The Amazing Spider-Man " lacked everything in those departments.
    MrBond wrote:
    Oh well, i hope some actual drama and excitment can be included in the next film. Because " The Amazing Spider-Man " lacked everything in those departments.

I have yet to see it and nobody has really given me a proper shove to get at it either. Time will tell.
    I'm sorry, I have zero interest in this franchise now.
    Sam Raimi did Spidey as well as it could have been done IMO. The Twilight teen-angsty thing bores the felgercarb out of me, no matter the better CGI.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,512
    chrisisall wrote:
    Sam Raimi did Spidey as well as it could have been done IMO. The Twilight teen-angsty thing bores the felgercarb out of me, no matter the better CGI.

Unfortunate you feel this way. Anyone who's read the comics would understand the reboot is far more authentic and faithful. I'm a fan of the Raimi films but they rode on the crest of a wave, being the first comic book adaptations to hit the spot with cinema audiences. The new film never stood a chance as it was written off before they'd shot a frame. If you're interested in comics and haven't seen it then you're not interested in comics. If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you're not interested in comic book films.

RC7 wrote:
    Anyone who's read the comics would understand the reboot is far more authentic and faithful.
    Dude, I was reading The Amazing Spider-Man as a kid, Gwen was killed when I was 13, and I fuc*ing HATED it. I still do. Bad decision in the turbulent Vietnam war era days IMO. Bold, but in no way helpful to anyone who hadn't lost a person they loved, and even for those that did, falling off the GWB to be snagged & break a neck is WAY too serious for a comic book that features a kid whose finger pores can create enough suction THROUGH gloves to allow him to stick to walls.
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    Anyone who's read the comics would understand the reboot is far more authentic and faithful.
    Dude, I was reading The Amazing Spider-Man as a kid, Gwen was killed when I was 13, and I fuc*ing HATED it. I still do. Bad decision in the turbulent Vietnam war era days IMO. Bold, but in no way helpful to anyone who hadn't lost a person they loved, and even for those that did, falling off the GWB to be snagged & break a neck is WAY too serious for a comic book that features a kid whose finger pores can create enough suction THROUGH gloves to allow him to stick to walls.

And you reckon the Raimi version is more faithful?
    RC7 wrote:
    And you reckon the Raimi version is more faithful?

LOL, no, just BETTER. :-c
    RC7 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

Unfortunate you feel this way. Anyone who's read the comics would understand the reboot is far more authentic and faithful. I'm a fan of the Raimi films but they rode on the crest of a wave, being the first comic book adaptations to hit the spot with cinema audiences. The new film never stood a chance as it was written off before they'd shot a frame. If you're interested in comics and haven't seen it then you're not interested in comics. If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you're not interested in comic book films.

Not really, I have just been busy with films more worth my time.
    Hahahahaha, YES!
  • I defended TASM with passion when the first trailer came out and I never regretted doing that. I did read the comic books but I'm convinced they will never make a movie adaptation completely faithful to them. I don't care. I understand they are different universes. I like the changes, they excite me.

The reboot was necessary for me. It was a bit early, I know, but I think Spider-man needed to freshen up. And when I think about that, if we waited a few more years, we probably wouldn't have Andrew Garfield and now I'm too in love with him to think about him not being Spider-man.

Well directed, great actings, a good love story, well constructed drama. Stan's cameo is the best he ever did. The vilain is weak (unfortunately), the costume is pretty weird and I miss the good old Spider-man theme, the but I still love the movie with a passion. One of the best comic movies I have ever seen. Still not as good as SM2, but I see the potential for the future movies. Don't get me wrong... I will always praise Raimi for SM1 and SM2.

Now bring me MJ, Harry and Electro. Can't wait for 2014.
    TASM is in my top three favorite super hero movies. It's soooo much better than Raimi's crap fest trilogy (okay SM2 was actually pretty good). Spider-Man 1 and 3 seemed to be aimed more at kids than a diverse target audience.
    My biggest issue with Raimi's movies, and most older super hero movies, is that we don't get to know any of the characters before they get their powers/suit. They just show us our protagonist, where he works or goes to school, his best friend, and the girl he's interested in, and then he gets powers.
    This is why I love Batman Begins, Iron-Man, and The Amazing Spider-Man. They have great character developement before we get to them becoming super heros.
  • RC7RC7
    edited January 2013 Posts: 10,512
    RC7 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

How you define something as being unworthy of your time, having not seen it, I don't really understand. It's hardly a niche, art-house adaptation of Blue Beetle. It's Spider-Man. If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you can't really be that interested. You can pick it up on DVD for about $/£5.
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

How you define something as being unworthy of your time, having not seen it, I don't really understand. It's hardly a niche, art-house adaptation of Blue Beetle. It's Spider-Man. If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you can't really be that interested. You can pick it up on DVD for about $/£5.

I have my sources, and know how most of it plays out anyway. I was watching Nolan's Batman films all the time, and I don't need to see this Spiderman film to know it won't come within a trillion arm reaches of those films.
    RC7 wrote:

If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you can't really be that interested.

I'm a little chilly over here, could you please hand me a blanket statement?

:-\"
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote:
    RC7 wrote:

If you're interested in comic book films and haven't seen it then you can't really be that interested.

I'm a little chilly over here, could you please hand me a blanket statement?

:-\"

I think it's a fair assessment. As I said, you can pick it up dirt cheap, or rent it, or maybe even torrent it if you're that broke. If you have more than a passing interest in comics I think it's reasonable to assume you would seek out one of the genre's marquee names.
    RC7 wrote:
    I think it's a fair assessment.
    I appreciate your sense of humour, dude!

I'm a big fan of vampire stuff, Lee's Dracula, Blacula, Near Dark, Daybreakers, Buffy, etc. But no interest in Twilight.
    Some individual projects just don't click for some people is all.
  • RC7RC7
    chrisisall wrote:
    Blacula

At least we agree on something.
    RC7 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Blacula

At least we agree on something.
    Don't forget Scream, Blacula, scream.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If Gwen dies, it should be via the Norman's hands. My relationship with the spidey universe is sketchy at best. The sins past arc was garbage, the brand new day arc made me want to commit my own order 66 and don't get me started with what they've done with the Peter death/Doc Ock is spidey bullcrap. They did a similar thing before with Krave's last hunt which is galactically superior in every way possible.

As foy the movies, Raimi's movies were epic but his characterisations were off. Maguire's Peter was too much of a pussy and the villains were poorly executed save for Doc Ock and even then they messed a few things up with him. With Webb's movie, he seemed to get the character of spidey right and the way he moves perfectly BUT he made Peter too much of an a-hole. Webb's inspiration mainly draws from the ultimate comics, which were perfect for the first few volumes until Bendis lost lost his mind but most importantly, it retold spidey's character in a more recognisable and identifiable way, which is far easier to execute as opposed to Raimi's adaptation of Lee/Ditko and Romia's work. Anyway, Marvel are a bunch of punks who constantly short change the integrity of their flagship character and the only decent thing spidey-related out of the last few years was the spectacular spider-man cartoon which stupidly only ran fir 2 seasons and was canned for the POS cartoon, ultimate spider-man.