The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Again, until I hear Raimi state that this was the plan for the scene, I am fully unconvinced that that is what the scene is meant to portray.
    Okay, I'm gonna take a chance on getting banned here, but I'm fully sick of dim-witted nonsense passing for thoughtful posts. There is no 'OPINION' here when confronted with such OBVIOUS imagery. You 'need' Raimi to explain it to you? Really? I've tolerated your condescension in many past posts, but this is the end. Sorry, old boy.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Opinions are opinions. I don't care what your background is, what you've studied, or what you noticed in a scene that, initially, someone else may not have spotted: opinions are opinions. No person's opinion is greater or more 'factual' than someone else's.
    And if one's opinion is that the Earth is round, that's JUST an opinion? Again, sorry, I draw the line at ignorance.
    :-\"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote:
    Again, until I hear Raimi state that this was the plan for the scene, I am fully unconvinced that that is what the scene is meant to portray.
    Okay, I'm gonna take a chance on getting banned here, but I'm fully sick of dim-witted nonsense passing for thoughtful posts. There is no 'OPINION' here when confronted with such OBVIOUS imagery. You 'need' Raimi to explain it to you? Really? I've tolerated your condescension in many past posts, but this is the end. Sorry, old boy.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Opinions are opinions. I don't care what your background is, what you've studied, or what you noticed in a scene that, initially, someone else may not have spotted: opinions are opinions. No person's opinion is greater or more 'factual' than someone else's.
    And if one's opinion is that the Earth is round, that's JUST an opinion? Again, sorry, I draw the line at ignorance.
    :-\"

It is proved that the earth is round, but not that Spiderman 2 is symbolic of "Christ". You can't compare a dead on, proved fact with an opinion. That is why there are things called "facts" and "opinions", the former like the earth being round are proven true, while your opinions on Spiderman 2 aren't seen as the absolute view on that scene. You can't compare a fact and an opinion, though you might want to start knowing the difference first.

I would obviously like to know Raimi's view on this, since he is in fact the director and would know. If everyone instrumental in creating that scene agreed that it was the re-imagining you speak of, then I would consider it to be factual that the scene is in fact symbolic of that. Alas, all we have are two views saying promoting that view, one being you and the other some religious nut on the internet. I'll take my chances and wait for more data, old man.

"Does shouting like a child really compensate for being unable to discern a fact from an opinion?"
    Alas, all we have are two views saying promoting that view, one being you and the other some religious nut on the internet.
    An insane man shouting truth does not make the truth less true.
    And a sane man shouting ignorance does not make the ignorance more valid.
    You seem unable to grasp this.
    Whatever; this is the internet.
    tumblr_lti5h9hldc1qd54hoo1_500.jpg
    Why is Spider-Man supposed to look like Jesus in the first place?
    Now RoboCop- that dude is Jesus :))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    Alas, all we have are two views saying promoting that view, one being you and the other some religious nut on the internet.
    An insane man shouting truth does not make the truth less true.
    And a sane man shouting ignorance does not make the ignorance more valid.
    You seem unable to grasp this.
    Whatever; this is the internet.
    tumblr_lti5h9hldc1qd54hoo1_500.jpg

PM me when you understand the differences between fact and opinion.

Score up another tally for a spat started over religion. AGAIN.
    Why is Spider-Man supposed to look like Jesus in the first place?

A sensible question, indeed, and why I find the notion so absurd.
    Now RoboCop- that dude is Jesus :))
    Another inescapable comparison, just more in-your-face from beginning to end, not merely in a scene as in SM2.
    Spider-man as Jesus? A generic superhero thing. Giving up your life to save others.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Ahh, so this is an idiotic argument started over religion. Pathetic. I'll discuss this in full when it's not spoken with a fundamentalist.

Fact is fact. Opinion is opinion. The end.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll discuss this in full when it's not spoken with a fundamentalist.
    Curious... is that referencing me? Because I have no faith in the superstition that arose after the killing of Jesus, he was a good man from what I can tell from all sources, but just a man.
    The argument was not started over RELIGION, merely the iconic religious imagery used in a film.
    @chrisisall, negating any and all views and merely pointing out this ridiculous 'religious' imagery that is (apparently) known by all, how is that opinion more obvious than Brady's?
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @chrisisall, negating any and all views and merely pointing out this ridiculous 'religious' imagery that is (apparently) known by all, how is that opinion more obvious than Brady's?
    It's known by all? Apparently not by Brady. He's off his rocker here, like saying a cross in a Dracula movie is no proof of a Christ reference. ;)
    @chrisisall, I typed once sentence, so I'm not too sure how you managed to misinterpret what I stated. Immediately before "known by all," I put ("apparently"), as I was being sarcastic.
    I didn't know I was in preschool again either, @Creasy47.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Can we please get off this argument. It was funny in the beginning but now it's just old. Time to drop it and get on to something else. Hmmm, I wonder what we should talk about??? I know! How about "The Amazing Spider-Man 2"?
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, neither did I. @QsAssistant, I think that's a fantastic idea. So, I skipped around a good bit and may have missed everyone talking about it, but does anyone feel we have a villain overload for this sequel or no?
    If it's just Electrode and Rhino I think we might be okay, although I can't picture them together. I think a movie with Rhino and Kraven would be better.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 1,107
    More Photos Of Andrew Garfield And Emma Stone On The Set Of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SevenWebHeads/news/?a=75038#5A3RIX4yJufCFCXW.99

644401_517363418305126_641199937_n.jpg

45.jpg
    edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    I at least like that they are willing to try villains that haven't been put to film before. I still need to see the 1st film, though.

P.S. Emma looks gorgeous.
  • I at least like that they are willing to try villains that haven't been put to film before. I still need to see the 1st film, though.

P.S. Emma looks gorgeous.

So am I, Electro & Rhino are old school foes but I still DO not want them working together. There is no need for that to happen. Once you've seen ASM I hope you like it too.

I never try to make folk like any film but ASM was for me miles ahead of the other Spidey flicks. still like them also.

Emma Stone is certainly FAB in the movie & also Rhys Ifans as Connors FAB. Lizard I feel was handled greatly & not an OTT villain for Marc Webb's 1st film. Heres to ASM2.

Rhino's in this too? How did I miss that.....
    another pic from set : New%20Spidey%20suite_TASM2.jpg
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2: Mary Jane Watson Is A Waitress & Upside Down Car Dropped (Video)
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75140#8eJhevK9zDzipllI.99
    More AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Photos Of Shailene Woodley As Mary Jane Watson
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75163#LZQLGYDQAkjs1uZo.99
    Leaked rehearsal from Amazing Spider-Man 2 ;)

RLM04n8.gif
    Rhino's in this too? How did I miss that.....

The rumor is Paul Giamatti will be Rhino. I'm guessing they will go with the Ultimate Rhino and put him in a robot suit.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

RLM04n8.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Epic! This has made my day.

doubleoego wrote:

RLM04n8.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Epic! This has made my day.

It looks more like rehearsals for that Spiderman Turn Off the Dark broadway show. :))
    Hahahahaha that play was riddled with all types of calamity.
    Sam Raimi Has Finally Seen THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=75370#TqiAZlVJSGcJEVTE.99
    Was never a big fan of Raimi's spidey movies but he did create some amazing scenes and he comes off as a nice and humble guy.
    EXCLUSIVE: Making Of The SPIDER-MAN (2002) Suit; Plus Tobey Maguire's Claustrophobia
    Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=75531#LdaRm0mXXCTj3AwC.99