The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

1161718192022»

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    He damn well better. He's done it best.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Simmons was the perfect Jameson.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Simmons is Jameson. ;)
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Actually, the stuff with Gwen makes up some of the best parts of the film for me, and I love the way they handled her death. I still can't watch it without getting emotional, due in large part to Andrew's amazing performance in that scene. I'd go even farther to say that Gwen, even more than Spidey, is the true hero of the film. Not only because she is instrumental in helping Pete take down Max, but also because of her motivational speech that is solely responsible for Peter returning as Spider-Man, and that was even after she had already passed. In addition, Emma Stone is amazing and was one of the best casting decisions made for a superhero movie, or any movie for that matter. It's going to be hard to move forward without her as she really makes you fall in love with Gwen and her chemistry with Andrew was through the roof. After her, MJ is going to be nothing.

I couldn't agree with you more. Gwen was one of the best parts of ASM 1 and 2. I remember when it was announced that Stone was going to play the love interest of Spidey in the new movies and everyone, including me, thought she was going to play MJ. I thought that was perfect but then I found out that she was playing Gwen and I'll admit I was a little disappointed, that is until I saw a picture of her with blonde hair.
    I actually just bought TAS2 last night and watched it. I haven't seen it since it was in theaters because I was actually disappointed in it, even though I did like it. I enjoyed it much more the second time around! I'll admit that I almost cried when Gwen died, almost.
    There are things that I would change though. Like killing off Gwen, I would rather them do that at the end of the third movie. It would allow us to get know her more and we could see Peter and Gwen's relationship grow even more, making her death that much more sad. Then in the next three movies (assuming they make that many, hope they do!) they could bring in MJ as the love interest.
    I would of introduced Green Goblin at the beginning of the third movie. Electrode would of been the only villain in the second and Rhino could be introduced somewhere in the sequel but be a major villain in another movie.
    Either way I really liked it more with a second viewing. It's for sure in my top three Spidey movies and I think I might like it even more than Spider-Man 2, which was really the only one of the Rami Spider-Man movies I liked.

The Amazing Spider-Man
    The Amazing Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man 2
    Spider-Man
    Spider-Man 3
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    "Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

I can't get excited with the above still in place.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    With luck, this means no Sinister Six movie. I was not a fan of that possible film at all.
  • Amy Pascal's soft landing: co-producing next Spider-Man movie with Marvel's Kevin Feige:

http://bit.ly/1z49yJn
    I'm really excited and sad. It's awesome that Spidey is finally going to be joining the rest of his family but it's sad that Garfield is being kicked out as our hero.
    With that being said, it's time to find our new web-head. This was the first article that I found that drops some names as to who could be good for the role.
    http://entertainment.ie/cinema/news/Six-choices-to-replace-Andrew-Garfield-as-Spider-Man/339361.htm
    Out of their six choices I can only see two of them in the role.

Dylan O'Brien from "The Maze Runner"
    feature-image-dylan-obrien.jpg
    My only worry with him is if he has the comedic chops to satisfy fans.

Dave Franco from "The Neighbors" (younger brother of James Franco from the original Spidey trilogy)
    a-eye-candy-dave-franco-12.jpg?w=500&h=375
    He's proven he can do comedy, and I'm sure he can pull off action, but I think he might be too male model looking for the role.

I doubt it will be anyone on this list or possibly on anyone's list. I have faith that MARVEL will find us a great Spider-Man.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,441
    That quite again ans saying Marvel get it back, mabey mean no Disney.

Best thing is to ignore Spider-Man 3 (Where Disney in my opnion already to much power before there making the remake.) partly and give Dr Octopuss back.

Alfred Molina ... Dr. Otto Octavius
    Rosemary Harris ... May Parker
    J.K. Simmons ... J. Jonah Jameson

Some footage from Spider-Man 2 and 3 can be re-used for tell what happend with Osbourne, if needed in maintitle. Then using 10 years later card..

I like The Incredible Hulk, yes there did recasting but i like it so much because somethings and inspecialy the end of Hulk whas stil intact.
    I too, think the new Spidey is going to be out of the blue. This guy has got to be fairly young by 2017.

A lot of the suggestions I've been seeing will be far too old in 2017. Hell, one could argue Andrew Garfield was too old at his time of casting in 2012.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    SJK91 wrote: »
    Hell, one could argue Andrew Garfield was too old at his time of casting in 2012.
    Ole' man Garfield. He'll do well as an adult actor.
    Let's be radical & cast a 16 year old to play Parker at 18....
    :-??
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    God I hate this. The worst is the news that Andrew is basically getting kicked to the can, when in all actuality he and Emma were some of the only things consistently working in the Sony Spidey reboot. Andrew has spoken so many times about how much he'd love to be in a Marvel Avengers film as Spider-Man, and now Sony are doing just that but without him. Honestly, this all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The reboot left so much potential to be had, and now all that those films built up to will mean absolutely nothing. Peter's mourning of Gwen, his search for the truth about his parents, the plans to bring together the Sinister Six; all threads just left hanging forevermore. You don't know what that does to me.

Though we'll see Spidey in the MCU, Sony still have their paws on him, so who knows how successful this transition will even be? Casting is paramount here, which hopefully Marvel is in control of since they are hosting this big reveal.

Don't color me optimistic.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,310
    God I hate this. The worst is the news that Andrew is basically getting kicked to the can, when in all actuality he and Emma were some of the only things consistently working in the Sony Spidey reboot. Andrew has spoken so many times about how much he'd love to be in a Marvel Avengers film as Spider-Man, and now Sony are doing just that but without him. Honestly, this all just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The reboot left so much potential to be had, and now all that those films built up to will mean absolutely nothing. Peter's mourning of Gwen, his search for the truth about his parents, the plans to bring together the Sinister Six; all threads just left hanging forevermore. You don't know what that does to me.

Though we'll see Spidey in the MCU, Sony still have their paws on him, so who knows how successful this transition will even be? Casting is paramount here, which hopefully Marvel is in control of since they are hosting this big reveal.

Don't color me optimistic.
    I mostly echo your thoughts, Brady. I suspect we might differ as I never much cared for the Amazing Spider-Man films, but with all of the events that have gone on in those films and to simply drop it...well, it seems like our time has been wasted to some extent.

....if they decide to drop everything like that. I suppose not many details have been released to come to a total conclusion just yet.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 1,310
    Deleted.
    Although I have not yet seen ASM 2, I quite like Garfield.
    It's a good movie, executive meddling notwithstanding.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Although I have not yet seen ASM 2, I quite like Garfield.

Watch it for Gwen and Peter's story. A lot frustrates, but that pairing is the constant supplier of all pleasure one can get from that film. It's Andrew and Emma's electric chemistry that saves the film from being a misfire.
    Apparently Andrew Garfield Had Discussions About Staying On As SPIDER-MAN
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/markcassidycbm/news/?a=115113
    I read elsewhere that it was Andrew's decision to turn down the offer as well. My biggest issue with this whole Sony/Marvel deal was that it seemed Andrew was going to be canned no matter what, but now that we have reason to suspect that he got to leave on his own terms and made the final decision on taking or leaving the opportunity to join with Marvel, I feel a lot better. I just hated the fact of them dropping him like a bad habit without giving him the notice.

It says a lot about Andrew as a person that he turned down a chance to be his favorite hero since childhood again amongst the Avengers because he knew it wasn't the right move for the younger Peter Parker Marvel were shooting for. Very selfless, really, and not something you see every day.

I'm still sad to see him go, and wish we got just one more film with him as Spidey. Ah well, disappointment is the name of the game lately I guess.
    As for Garfield, I´m looking forward to seeing him in a lot of good movies, he´s one of the best actors of that age.

As for a teenage Peter Parker, good look finding a guy that age who has even some charisma and acting skills.
    As I've said before, if losing Garfield means we get to have Spidey fight along side the Avengers then it's worth it, as long as the new Spidey is good in the role. I will miss Garfield though.
    Well Andrew Garfield was great. Since The Sound of Music Star Nicholas Hammond who started in the 1970s. Toby McGuire was hopeless. 2 movies not good enough. Like Timothy Dalton Bond era & Angelia Jolie Tomradier. Like I said not good enough.
    Agent7F wrote: »
    Well Andrew Garfield was great. Since The Sound of Music Star Nicholas Hammond who started in the 1970s. Toby McGuire was hopeless. 2 movies not good enough. Like Timothy Dalton Bond era & Angelia Jolie Tomradier. Like I said not good enough.
    The two sentences I bolded I understand, the rest, not so much....
    :-??
    Has anyone seen or heard about this?

http://www.slashfilm.com/secret-spider-man-auditions/

I can't help it, but the first thing I thought of while looking at this article was 'Justin Bieber.'
    Nonsense. Bieber will be the next Bond, not Spidey. And this kid won't do Pete well. Fuggedaboudit.
    Well Andrew Garfield was great. Since The Sound of Music Star Nicholas Hammond who started in the 1970s. Toby McGuire was hopeless.

I don't remember Nicholas Hammond. Otherwise, I don't completely agree with you. I thought both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were great. But I also believe that Maguire was a bit closer to the comic book Spidey than Garfield. Including height.

I also feel that Sony really screwed Garfield over. And right now, I'm not particularly looking forward to Spider-Man in the MCU franchise.
    edited March 2015 Posts: 28,694
    DRush76 wrote: »
    Well Andrew Garfield was great. Since The Sound of Music Star Nicholas Hammond who started in the 1970s. Toby McGuire was hopeless.

I don't remember Nicholas Hammond. Otherwise, I don't completely agree with you. I thought both Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield were great. But I also believe that Maguire was a bit closer to the comic book Spidey than Garfield. Including height.

I also feel that Sony really screwed Garfield over. And right now, I'm not particularly looking forward to Spider-Man in the MCU franchise.

I agree with all of this, @DRush76. When people tell me with a straight face that Garfield is closer to the Stan Lee-envisioned Peter Parker than Tobey, I really must restrain myself from laughing. Like you I love both interpretations for different reasons, but will always find Tobey's to be the best and most quintessential, and not just because he was the first in the door.

When I think of Peter Parker, I think of a sharp guy who is down on his luck, awkward with the popular girls, and struggling to help his Aunt get by while feeling all the pressures of a young adult. For me, Tobey's Peter was the perfect representation of who Stan's Peter was at the very beginning back in 1962. He played the awkward part so incredibly well that you felt his pain just staring at him as he tried to talk to MJ or Betty coherently. We got brilliant flashes of his scientific intellect too, as he lit up in Connor's college courses. On the more serious side, the films also brilliantly captured his inner torment over Uncle Ben's death, and Tobey's dynamic with Harris's Aunt May is unprecedented. Spider-Man 2 still remains my favorite film of its genre, for all the deep themes of love, sacrifice and identity that are encased inside of it. While many look at it as a simple thrill ride, there is so much going on under the surface if you pay attention, right down to the story being a direct retelling of Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, with Spider-Man being Peter's own Bunbury. And you know that I REALLY love a superhero film when I choose it over anything Batman.

I also agree about Andrew. While it was apparently his decision to leave the role, he should've have been burned at the stake by Sony over the comments he made that criticized the undoubtedly flawed script. Nobody, especially him, should be penalized for simply being honest and saying what we all wanted to say to the top brass. If you can't see the problems in a film series, how the hell do you expect to fix it? I guess that explains why Sony have such a bad track record: they expunge everyone who points out to them the truth of their incompetence. Here's hoping Marvel can beat a lesson or two into them.
    This is one of the better April Fool's jokes I've read today:

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-2099-multiverse-movies-sony/

The sad thing is that I believed a lot of it at first, which can only tell you my thoughts of Avi Arad and co.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    This is one of the better April Fool's jokes I've read today:

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-2099-multiverse-movies-sony/

The sad thing is that I believed a lot of it at first, which can only tell you my thoughts of Avi Arad and co.

I was hoping there would be an animated spoderman universe

am_not_spiderman__am_spoderman_by_hknx-d731cfo.jpg