The Amazing Spider-Man (2012 - 2014)

Comments

Virage wrote:
    LOTR Jackson and Tolkien Duh!

Anywhom [Blank]ing brilliant film.

LOTR is not a trilogy it is essentially one story split three parts due to his lenght. And then I prefer the extended versions, more LOTR is still not enough.

I was really suprised because I've never really liked Spiderman (saw the 1st 2 films and didn't enjoy them), but I enjoyed this. The new Spiderman is much less annoying than the old one. And Martin Sheen is in it. That suprised me.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 2,598
    Martin Sheen is definitely more talented than his sons. LOL

'The Amazing Spiderman' has a very good balance of action and non action scenes. I wish the contemporary Bond films had the same balance. Pity they have so be so damn heavy on the action these days unlike in the older Bond flicks.

It was okay, I guess. Saw it a tad tired so I kept and kept waiting for the action to begin. It started quite slowly, then it began to pick up the pace for a while before reverting back to the slow moving picture. I liked Tobey as Spiderman, because I could relate to his more geeky Peter Parker. But this one was closer to the original comic character.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I've just saw the movie and really liked it. But there's actually one thing that bothers: The line from the trailer "If you want the truth Peter, come and get it" wasn't in the final movie. :O
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've just saw the movie and really liked it. But there's actually one thing that bothers: The line from the trailer "If you want the truth Peter, come and get it" wasn't in the final movie. :O

Trailer-to-film transitions always seem to disappoint me. :(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator

One of the many deleted scenes or lines from the final cut. Have a look around online for what changed on the way to the screen. In a few words: quite a lot, including the overall arc of this three-film series.
    Marc Webb and Andrew Garfield are both confirmed to return for 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2.'

http://www.slashfilm.com/marc-webb-confirmed-to-direct-the-amazing-spider-man-2/
    Let's hope for the best. With Webb back we stand a much higher chance of a good follow up.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson! Should be good.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/web-slinger-eyes-shailene-woodley-as-love-interest/
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Shailene Woodley has the offer to play Mary Jane Watson! Should be good.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/web-slinger-eyes-shailene-woodley-as-love-interest/
    So I assume they will have Norman go Goblin and Gwen dead by film's end then? And Peter can have a conflicting love triangle that leads to only one ultimatum, being that he choose either Ms. Jackpot or Gwen, a decision that will likely end up with him feeling unsure and deprived until Gwen takes her big fall at the hands of Norman, causing him large amounts of stress and guilt that lead him to finding love with Mary Jane who comforts him and gives him a hand to hold in his struggles though he knows she will be an easy target if his identity is ever compromised, and will culminate in him discovering the true reasons behind wearing the mask and the responsibility it takes to protect New York for the better tomorrow?
    As much as I don't care for Spider-Man, Woodley is a really good actress. I had to sit through a few seasons of the miserable drudge that is 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' or whatever it is, thanks to my lovely girlfriend - who will be paying me back with a Bondathon here shortly - but I saw Payne's 'The Descendants,' and she was great in that as Clooney's daughter. I think that show just keeps her pinned down and doesn't let her acting talents shine. This may actually get me interested in the sequel.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    This is the The Dark Knight of this trilogy then. I'm still hoping for the best, but it all seems drenched in a 'been there, done that' feeling.

Good news as it's just been announced The Secret Life of the American Teenager will end in June.

Woodley will now get to do some decent work. No doubt, the series has kept her pinned back.
    Very good news about the show, indeed. Time for her to shine.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    She's actually a really good choice! In looks anyway. I've never seen her act so I may check out The Descendants.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Really?! I didn't see that one coming. If he gets it I'm sure he'll do fine in the role. Just would of never considered him for the part.
    Electro now that is cool I will check it out. though i hated the amazing spiderman.
    As much as I hated Raimi's take on the 'Spider-Man' trilogy years back, I saw Webb's entry into this trilogy for the first time yesterday and loved it. I thought it would be some generic reboot, and I was ready to call out what would happen next. Sure, there were some inevitable moments, such as:
    Parker being bitten and Uncle Ben dying

...but, most of it was new and original to me. Honestly, I had no idea about Gwen or how the original story plays out in the comic books, and my girlfriend was keen to fill me in on this throughout, which was pretty cool. Since I'm still not up to speed on all of it, does anyone know why Raimi went the direction he did by not directly following the story? I was led to believe that:
    Gwen dies at some point, and that leads him to Mary Jane, correct?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited November 2012 Posts: 17,691
    Spider-man was cool until issue 121 where SOMEONE felt it necessary to kill off Peter's love. And yeah, I'm still pissed after all these years. How much coin did Marvel lose from me after that? I don't know.
    Raimi started with MJ to spare us the loss.
    This new series is dead to me, as Gwen soon will be to up the teenage angst.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    chrisisall wrote:
    Spider-man was cool until issue 121 where SOMEONE felt it necessary to kill off Peter's love. And yeah, I'm still pissed after all these years. How much coin did Marvel lose from me after that? I don't know.
    Raimi started with MJ to spare us the loss.
    This new series is dead to me, as Gwen soon will be to up the teenage angst.
    Are you referring to when Peter and Mary agree to erase their lives together to save Aunt May? If so, that was just appalling, I agree. My friend and I talked about it when it happened (circa 2008?) and he said something to the effect of "I love Aunt May, but come on, it's not worth it". May had only a few miles left on her, so how would Pete have felt if he went through all that trouble for her and she passes away three days after? Just Marvel thinking they are being clever I guess. Sad to see the state of comics today.

And on the subject of Gwen (I may watch The Amazing Spiderman soon), the next films will think they are being edgy and dark when they kill her off (you all know it's coming), when it will really be the thousandth time someone has done that to her. Then MJ will come in and the love triangle will once again return (another thing that has been done tooooo many times now). I say let Gwenlive, and maybe shock the world by having MJ die. I would hate it, but I likely will disown this series in a second anyway.
    I was just about to ask if it was a possibility for them to keep Gwen around instead of killing her off.
  • oo7oo7
    I think a slow introduction to the work of oscorp will lead us to norman. Now they say MJ is in for the next film so I would say gwen will prob die by the third. BUUUUUUUUUUT I dont think this film series will finish with a third. more than likely there is a crazy amount of films put in place with Garfield only picking up something like a 100 Grand a go much like the crazy deal they made with chris evens on captain america
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I was just about to ask if it was a possibility for them to keep Gwen around instead of killing her off.
    No, they'll kill her.
    True to the comics & in keeping with the dark message of the world we are in today. I really think killing Gwen back then was like having Tracy die in OHMSS.
    And we're in that dark place in history again today.... see CR.

Has Shailene Woodley been confirmed to play MJW in either of the upcoming two films? The last I read, she was only rumored. Seems incredibly likely, what with 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager' - or whatever the hell it's called - close to an end.
  • It'll be great in a sort of twisted way to see Gwen die. Just like in The Dark Knight when they killed off Rachel, no big budget superhero movie EVER kills a main character/love interest. Also I don't think Gwen's death has ever been depicted on film or television (correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Saw this finnally last night and was rather disappointed. I was massivesly antipating a Marc Webb-superhero film as I loved 500 Days of Summer. and the idea of a smaller superhero film focusing on character over spectavle was something that excited me opposed to the overly-dark, self seriousness tone that Nolan does so well. I just felt the film was massively uneven in tone, the first act is almost some kind of paranoia thriller, even evoking Hitchcock with Peter's 'rear window' poster: What was Peter's father up to? Who wants his documents? Who is Curt Connors? What's his connection? Who is this big bad overaching over the story? However, the first act is poor and the thriller element falls flat on it's face and there is no pay off to the intial mystery in either the 2nd or 3rd act. After this odd and silly set-up the film becomes a big budget action adventure, but dosen't deliver something new, its just spider-man fighting a monster, something we're seen Raimi do far more competently. The action is merely servicable, not to put down the specatcle (it's all very impressive to look at), but the villain is so undercooked, I'm not quite sure what his plot was and I'm not sure if I care. Ifans is throughly wasted. The film does exceed in the characterisation of Peter Parker as this angry young man, and Andrew Garfield is fantastic in the movie. I've been a fan of Garfield for years ever since I saw him in Parnassus and Boy A. As a performer, Garfield has a tremedious abilty to elevate the material of whatever film he's in. Garfield has an innate abilty to really make his performances seem so effortless, he falls into the skin of his characters with ease, but maintains the skill to break your heart in any given scene. Him and Stone are the heartbeat of this film and its just a shame there wasn't more of it, becasue those characters and those performances are clearly what Webb does so well, just look at the interplay between the leads in 500 Days. It's a shame that TASM is such an odd mismatch of ideas all thrown together, but Stone and Garfield elevate the material, I just feel there is a better movie somewhere in there trying to get out.
    Tobester95 wrote:
    It'll be great in a sort of twisted way to see Gwen die. Just like in The Dark Knight when they killed off Rachel, no big budget superhero movie EVER kills a main character/love interest. Also I don't think Gwen's death has ever been depicted on film or television (correct me if I'm wrong)
    The thing is that Nolan's Batmans are heart wrenching stories of dedication, justice, and determination disguised as blockbusters. If anything, Nolan has shown with the Batman trilogy and Inception that big Hollywood blockbusters can have amazing heart and intelligence to them.

And like I said earlier, they'll kill Gwen off and act like they were being absolute creative geniuses. I have seen Peter in dire straits before over a woman, and don't think they will top Spiderman 2, a superhero film masterpiece in any way shape or form. I just hope they pick an alluring lead for MJ. An actress that just makes you speechless when you near her.
    More news.

This time one of these four could be Harry Osborn:

Sam Claflin
    Eddie Redmayne
    Douglas Booth
    Boyd Holbrook

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-2-actors-testing-393106
    Samuel001 wrote:
    More news.

This time one of these four could be Harry Osborn:

Sam Claflin
    Eddie Redmayne
    Douglas Booth
    Boyd Holbrook

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/spider-man-2-actors-testing-393106

I'm sure they'll totally do something completely new with him and not make him turn evil over his hatred for Spiderman, leading him to uncover that his identity is Peter, all sending him on a destructive spiral before he learns the truth about his dad's death and turns good in time to sacrifice himself to save Peter in a time of intense despair??