Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CAPTION CONTEST
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAyNi83NDEvb3JpZ2luYWwvcHJheWluZy1tYW4tMTIwNDI2LmpwZw==
    Please remove the glue in my hands! Thank you beforehand!
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,241
    CAPTION CONTEST
    aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAyNi83NDEvb3JpZ2luYWwvcHJheWluZy1tYW4tMTIwNDI2LmpwZw==

Please don't screw up this time, EON!
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 6,682
    Please remove the glue in my hands! Thank you beforehand!
    CAPTION CONTEST

Please don't screw up this time, EON!

:))
    Another so-called study, "Licence to Swill: James Bond's drinking over six decades" is out from the Medical Journal of Australia. As part of coverage on the story, Fox News did a take-off of what a really PC Bond would be like. By the way, Passages Malibu is kind of like Shrublands.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Another so-called study, "Licence to Swill: James Bond's drinking over six decades" is out from the Medical Journal of Australia. As part of coverage on the story, Fox News did a take-off of what a really PC Bond would be like. By the way, Passages Malibu is kind of like Shrublands.

Ridiculous study, and even more ridiculous that people got paid to conduct it. I saw that segment when it aired. I love Greg Gutfeld.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Ridiculous study, and even more ridiculous that people got paid to conduct it. I saw that segment when it aired. I love Greg Gutfeld.

I love Gutfeld myself. Dude is hilarious.
    The whole thing was hilarious, but the best part for me was at the end:

So he has sex with his enemies, but like, he still has good judgment, his judgment is not impaired, like he picks the hot ones! It's not like he is, you know, banging around with Jaws and Oddjob, or whatever.

• BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Remington wrote: »

I love Gutfeld myself. Dude is hilarious.

Yeah he’s awesome, and he’s doing a necessary service pointing out this overly PC attitude that’s turning it’s attention to Bond these days.

Dear Mod, please don t push the ban button on me. I was drunk.

Dear Mod, please don t push the ban button on me. I was drunk.

This made me laugh. Loud. :))

This made me laugh. Loud. :))

OMG!! Brilliant! Lol!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This is for all of us. Please take ten minutes to watch (it has ads in the middle of it, but you can skip). I love this guy:

600_37849.png
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,241
    Got my hands on a region 1 DVD I'd like to play on my Macbook. Read several places that VLC would play the disk, but it didn't unfortunately. Are there other programs to consider using?

I know I had a conversation about this on the forum some months back, but can't find it (I think it was a conversation with @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ).
    Got my hands on a region 1 DVD I'd like to play on my Macbook. Read several places that VLC would play the disk, but it didn't unfortunately. Are there other programs to consider using?

I know I had a conversation about this on the forum some months back, but can't find it (I think it was a conversation with @Fire_and_Ice_Returns ).

I've yet to find a software solution to this problem, but I ordered a cheap external USB DVD drive from Amazon.com – which will be Region 1 set, one would imagine. Hopefully that will sort out the issue of region 1 DVD's.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

I've yet to find a software solution to this problem, but I ordered a cheap external USB DVD drive from Amazon.com – which will be Region 1 set, one would imagine. Hopefully that will sort out the issue of region 1 DVD's.

I don't have one myself but I've heard you can get regionless DVD players. Perhaps this could be a solution to your problem?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

I don't have one myself but I've heard you can get regionless DVD players. Perhaps this could be a solution to your problem?

I've considered that, but since I watch most of my DVD's on my Macbook (strange, I know!), it's best to find a solution that allows me to keep doing so. That USB DVD drive will hopefully be the way to go – if not, those regionless DVD players will be the next option :-)
    I never dream about Bond, but yesterday I had a crazy Bond dream. Describing it here for posterity:

I was at home. Bond 25 was about to premiere in theaters in a few days but mysteriously it showed up ahead of time on some TV channel at early evening. I didn't understand why or how it happened, but I started recording it and sat down to watch it.

The gunbarrel was unusual it that it had a backdrop that looked like a watch, with the moving dots moving across the belt of the watch and the big dot with Bond in it corresponding to the center of the watch.

The PTS was some foot chase in a flea market. The title sequence featured an electronic rearrangement of the main theme of the British TV show The Adventurer.

The main plotline involved Bond traveling to Texas and participating in a Formula One race. Which is a great idea, by the way. Shades of For Special Services, Everything or Nothing the video game, and a fan script or treatment which was publishsed in this very site (written by Gustav_Graves, I believe).

There was a lot of local flavor in the film (unlike, say, Shanghai or Rome in the last two Bond films) and plenty of time dedicated to secondary characters. Plenty of comic relief, too. I remember thinking Fukunaga must've really liked Diamonds Are Forever.

I liked the film but at the end I got the distinct impression something was off about it. Maybe it was a rough cut, or it was fake, or something.

Then I woke up.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    A survey of 2,000 Americans deems the Indiana Jones trilogy as the greatest trilogy ever, with the second and third being the Jurassic Park and The Godfather trilogies, respectively:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/20/indiana-jones-named-greatest-movie-trilogy-of-all-time/

Do you agree or disagree?

It's probably correct. They are all extremely strong.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 17,241
    @mattjoes Strange dream – especially the gunbarrel thing! Wouldn't at all mind a Formula One sequence in a future film. Bond doesn't need to drive a car either; I could see a scene where he has to chase a baddie through the crowd watching a race, eventually having to follow the baddie across the track, where all the cars are driving full speed.
    @mattjoes Strange dream – especially the gunbarrel thing! Wouldn't at all mind a Formula One sequence in a future film. Bond doesn't need to drive a car either; I could see a scene where he has to chase a baddie through the crowd watching a race, eventually having to follow the baddie across the track, where all the cars are driving full speed.

@Torgeirtrap That would also be a great idea for an action scene. Could even be the centerpiece of the film. Lots of great possibilities.
    mattjoes wrote: »

@Torgeirtrap That would also be a great idea for an action scene. Could even be the centerpiece of the film. Lots of great possibilities.

Indeed! The Monaco Grand Prix for example, even has the proper scenery:

monaco-grand-prix-yacht-chartering_2048x2048.jpg?v=1511127858
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 1,469
    I got a kick out of hearing Robert Davi on the radio earlier today. The Bond theme kicks in around 1:15 on this clip. They don't talk about Bond too much, but I found it interesting to hear Davi talk about how he's a Republican, and he talks about President Trump, the Republican party, the "Wall" in the U.S., and our immigration issue, not to mention blacklisting in the movie industry, so some of you might enjoy it.
    https://www.sebgorka.com/video/who-makes-a-better-bond-villain-sebastian-gorka-or-robert-davi/
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I'm gonna watch Davi's Way on Amazon.

It looks good...he's probably an interesting guy to talk to. Haven't heard him sing, but he's got a great voice and presence, as we know.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 1,637
    -
    MASH shooter have been caught , hed be shooting at people for yrs near the place where MASH was filmed back in the day