Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-dwarves.jpg

The other contenders eliminate the favourite to take over as Bond.

The other contenders eliminate the favourite to take over as Bond.

Hahaha, good one! :))
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Thanks again, I'll have a look on Youtube! Hopefully there's an easy way to do it :-)

Sorry could not help more I don't have a mac or ipad I don't use there products, some of the videos are a few minutes long it should be an easy process, best to look at more recent videos and look at what version of iTunes you have for compatiblity.

Yes, the length of the videos are short enough, so hopefully it will be a quick and easy process!

It's just occurred to me that I have attemtempted the process before I totally forgot, though all I got was a blank image, I never looked further into it after that. Though reading up a bit on it now I may have used the wrong browser.

Glad you got it sorted.

Looks like there are various softwares that can be used for the process. Tried one program, but that didn't work (might have been an older one). Going to try out a couple more programs throughout the evening. Fingers crossed!

I have some software called Video Downloadhelper though it did not work with DRM content.

Might read up on that one later.
    Tried various softwares for converting the iTunes movies, but they all converted only 1-3 minutes of the film in trial mode. To download the entire film you had to buy the software. That's typical, isn't it!

It is ridiculous that we can't do want we want with digital media we have purchased, though I understand its to guard against mass pirating.

Can you currently watch iTunes films on all your devices?

Amazon allows downloads of films to my tablets and phones though access through the app.

Yes, it's understandable yet strange!

I can watch all my iTunes films on my devices, but I'm trying to find a way to have some of the films I've bought available as video files I can play on other devices too, should it be necessary. Have several Apple products at the moment, but there's a good chance I'll try out products from different manufacturers at some point.

Amazon still doesn't allow downloads of films from Norway, unfortunately (at least the last time I checked). Hope that will change soon, as there are plenty of titles I'd want to check out without filling the entire bookshelf of DVDs or Blu-rays.
    I briefly looked into it myself as I wanted the Digital movies I bought put on my pc, some services allow it though Amazon don't on PC.

Guess it's worth looking into these sort of things when buying digital. Expected Apple and iTunes to be a bit "difficult" with these sort of things, though.

It's good to have a combined library of media content, it saves messing about navigating apps and software.

Definitely! Been using Google Play more lately. Just love how you can play it via Youtube as well.

I use Google play music and movies in my kitchen, I have a tablet and speaker set up, so I use 'OK Google' when I am cooking its very handy.

Don't doubt that!

Love to put on some music when cooking, but I usually just play it straight from my tablet. Should probably try and find a suitable bluetooth speaker for the kitchen eventually. I have a Marshall Stanmore speaker, but that's a too bit big. Bang & Olufsen's BeoPlay speakers looks to be more suitable, but they're a bit expensive (depending on which one you buy).

I have several Bluetooth speakers though always looked for price reductions, I have a few KS speakers that are decent, KS Hive 2 speaker I have in the kitchen

Never heard about those before; I'll check them out!
    The front of those speakers reminds me a bit of the Tandberg Fasett speakers from the 70's. I bought a pair a couple years ago, and I'm going to combine them with a vintage amplifier, and a streaming device so I can play Spotify/iTunes etc.

I bought mine for £50 though price dropped since, they are pretty good I have my kitchen tablet on a arm support, when I watch Bond movies in my kitchen the Hive 2 sound quality is good.

£50 seems like a good price for Bluetooth speakers! Might have to consider getting one. A tablet am support is also something that could be worth getting, as holding the tablet when cooking is sometimes difficult.

I have a few sound bars though bought another portable Bluetooth last week half price its water proof and compact and has 8 hours battery so can take any where

There are a lot of great soundbars out there at the moment. It's not a priority, but I might buy one eventually. Do like portable Bluetooth speakers. Even indoors they are handy, as you can place them anywhere.

I bought a Bose sound bar a few years back its pretty good, my other soundbar is a cheaper one that I never got round to removing from the wall lol

Listened to a Bose soundbar a few years back. It sounded really nice. If getting one now, I'll probably go for a small one that doesn't take up much space. Still need to sound good though. Also, probably one that doesn't require hanging it one the wall!

My Bose soundbar is smallish so sits nicely under my TV...

l_10137802_003.jpg

That's not my TV stand lol

That looks like the perfect size, actually. Small enough to not take up too much space.

It looks decent also, I did away with having a speaker set up some time ago. This soundbar for its size has great sound for films and music. I also have 3D surround sound Bluetooth headphones which I sometimes use for watching movies.
    In remembrance of Kincade.

"Welcome to the mod team, Thunderfinger."
    Thanks again, I'll have a look on Youtube! Hopefully there's an easy way to do it :-)

Sorry could not help more I don't have a mac or ipad I don't use there products, some of the videos are a few minutes long it should be an easy process, best to look at more recent videos and look at what version of iTunes you have for compatiblity.

Yes, the length of the videos are short enough, so hopefully it will be a quick and easy process!

It's just occurred to me that I have attemtempted the process before I totally forgot, though all I got was a blank image, I never looked further into it after that. Though reading up a bit on it now I may have used the wrong browser.

Glad you got it sorted.

Looks like there are various softwares that can be used for the process. Tried one program, but that didn't work (might have been an older one). Going to try out a couple more programs throughout the evening. Fingers crossed!

I have some software called Video Downloadhelper though it did not work with DRM content.

Tried various softwares for converting the iTunes movies, but they all converted only 1-3 minutes of the film in trial mode. To download the entire film you had to buy the software. That's typical, isn't it!

It is ridiculous that we can't do want we want with digital media we have purchased, though I understand its to guard against mass pirating.

Amazon allows downloads of films to my tablets and phones though access through the app.

I can watch all my iTunes films on my devices, but I'm trying to find a way to have some of the films I've bought available as video files I can play on other devices too, should it be necessary. Have several Apple products at the moment, but there's a good chance I'll try out products from different manufacturers at some point.

Amazon still doesn't allow downloads of films from Norway, unfortunately (at least the last time I checked). Hope that will change soon, as there are plenty of titles I'd want to check out without filling the entire bookshelf of DVDs or Blu-rays.
    I briefly looked into it myself as I wanted the Digital movies I bought put on my pc, some services allow it though Amazon don't on PC.

Guess it's worth looking into these sort of things when buying digital. Expected Apple and iTunes to be a bit "difficult" with these sort of things, though.

It's good to have a combined library of media content, it saves messing about navigating apps and software.

Definitely! Been using Google Play more lately. Just love how you can play it via Youtube as well.

I use Google play music and movies in my kitchen, I have a tablet and speaker set up, so I use 'OK Google' when I am cooking its very handy.

Don't doubt that!

Love to put on some music when cooking, but I usually just play it straight from my tablet. Should probably try and find a suitable bluetooth speaker for the kitchen eventually. I have a Marshall Stanmore speaker, but that's a too bit big. Bang & Olufsen's BeoPlay speakers looks to be more suitable, but they're a bit expensive (depending on which one you buy).

I have several Bluetooth speakers though always looked for price reductions, I have a few KS speakers that are decent, KS Hive 2 speaker I have in the kitchen

The front of those speakers reminds me a bit of the Tandberg Fasett speakers from the 70's. I bought a pair a couple years ago, and I'm going to combine them with a vintage amplifier, and a streaming device so I can play Spotify/iTunes etc.

I bought mine for £50 though price dropped since, they are pretty good I have my kitchen tablet on a arm support, when I watch Bond movies in my kitchen the Hive 2 sound quality is good.

£50 seems like a good price for Bluetooth speakers! Might have to consider getting one. A tablet am support is also something that could be worth getting, as holding the tablet when cooking is sometimes difficult.

I have a few sound bars though bought another portable Bluetooth last week half price its water proof and compact and has 8 hours battery so can take any where

There are a lot of great soundbars out there at the moment. It's not a priority, but I might buy one eventually. Do like portable Bluetooth speakers. Even indoors they are handy, as you can place them anywhere.

I bought a Bose sound bar a few years back its pretty good, my other soundbar is a cheaper one that I never got round to removing from the wall lol

Listened to a Bose soundbar a few years back. It sounded really nice. If getting one now, I'll probably go for a small one that doesn't take up much space. Still need to sound good though. Also, probably one that doesn't require hanging it one the wall!

l_10137802_003.jpg

That looks like the perfect size, actually. Small enough to not take up too much space.

It looks decent also, I did away with having a speaker set up some time ago. This soundbar for its size has great sound for films and music. I also have 3D surround sound Bluetooth headphones which I sometimes use for watching movies.

If the soundbars are that good, I'll get rid of some speakers I don't use as well. Will keep the vintage stuff though; really like the sound some vintage speakers and amps provide. Never tried 3D surround sound Bluetooth headphones before. would you recommend it?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

If the soundbars are that good, I'll get rid of some speakers I don't use as well. Will keep the vintage stuff though; really like the sound some vintage speakers and amps provide. Never tried 3D surround sound Bluetooth headphones before. would you recommend it?

They are very good the headphones compensate for not having a surround sound speaker set up. Some films I am looking allover the place when sound is coming from different directions, ideal for late at night watching a film when you don't want to wake people up. The battery life is very good also.

I had a vintage turn table and speakers I really regret throwing away about fifteen years ago, though I threw out 99. 99% of my vinyl collection at the same time, very dumb on my part.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,293

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

They are very good the headphones compensate for not having a surround sound speaker set up. Some films I am looking allover the place when sound is coming from different directions, ideal for late at night watching a film when you don't want to wake people up. The battery life is very good also.

I had a vintage turn table and speakers I really regret throwing away about fifteen years ago, though I threw out 99. 99% of my vinyl collection at the same time, very dumb on my part.

That's interesting! I'm not one to play movies out loud late at night either, so some decent sounding headphones might be just the thing. What type of headphones do you have?

I was lucky vinyl made a comeback before I threw out the albums I have. Now the collection is slowly growing, instead of having to start from scratch. Don't listen to vinyl too often though, so I just buy albums of selected artists.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

That's interesting! I'm not one to play movies out loud late at night either, so some decent sounding headphones might be just the thing. What type of headphones do you have?

I was lucky vinyl made a comeback before I threw out the albums I have. Now the collection is slowly growing, instead of having to start from scratch. Don't listen to vinyl too often though, so I just buy albums of selected artists.

Mine are made by Bluedio I have had them a quite few years now they cost me £150, there is a wide range of different headphones probably much better than mine and cheaper now.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

Mine are made by Bluedio I have had them a quite few years now they cost me £150, there is a wide range of different headphones probably much better than mine and cheaper now.

Thanks, I'll have a look! There's probably a lot to choose from :-)
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,376

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

I bought mine for my birthday. Mine have pps sound drivers. Not entirely sure what that means other than its high definition sound.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

I bought mine for my birthday. Mine have pps 8 sound drivers. Not entirely sure what that means other than its high definition sound.

Wouldn't know about that myself either, but I'll take a note of it to compare with other models. Would guess more sound drivers is better than fewer!

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

I bought mine for my birthday. Mine have pps 8 sound drivers. Not entirely sure what that means other than its high definition sound.

Wouldn't know about that myself either, but I'll take a note of it to compare with other models. Would guess more sound drivers is better than fewer!

Yeah more drivers the better, I think mine is 8, you can get 12 drivers maybe more though I am no expert, though I have several pairs of headphones :))

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

Yeah more drivers the better, I think mine is 8, you can get 12 drivers maybe more though I am no expert, though I have several pairs of headphones :))

Guess the amount of drivers will affect the price too though. Hopefully there's options that offer good value and sound for the price.

Only have one pair of headphones myself, but that's no 3D surround sound headphones. Good enough for listening to music though!

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

l_10137802_003.jpg

Guess the amount of drivers will affect the price too though. Hopefully there's options that offer good value and sound for the price.

Only have one pair of headphones myself, but that's no 3D surround sound headphones. Good enough for listening to music though!

I have some Skullcandy wired headphones as back up and several cheap pairs, I also bought some similar to this for around £20 they are surprisingly good bluetooth headphones...

71-auDKd2IL._SL1500_.jpg
    Interesting. Never tried headphones looking like that before. Just the regular on-ear wired ones. £20 must be a really good price too!

Will probably buy wireless the next time I'm looking at headphones. More than a few times has the wire been in the way when wearing my headphones.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Those in the pic are ideal for running and walking as don't fall off, I sometimes wear them round the house listening to music from laptop or phone etc. The range is pretty good too.
    Those in the pic are ideal for running and walking as don't fall off, I sometimes wear them round the house listening to music from laptop or phone etc. The range is pretty good too.

They certainly look like they won't fall off easily! Usually just use earbuds whenever I'm outside, but I've noticed they fall out easily when in a hurry, running etc. Haven't tried earpods yet, so I winder how they're like.
    There are several kindergartens who refuse to take in unvaccinated kids in order to "protect the vaccinated".

What is wrong with the logic here?
    There are several kindergartens who refuse to take in unvaccinated kids in order to "protect the vaccinated".

What is wrong with the logic here?

They don't have much faith in the effectiveness of the vaccination
    Exactly. Shouldn t the reasoning rather be to protect the unvaccinated kids from each other? Surely they could take in one unvaccinated kid each place? Better to keep them in an otherwise vaccinated area than having them roaming around in unprotected places, catching and spreading disease?
    Organisations have a habit of making nonsensical decisions.

So it is disorganisation in practice.

So it is disorganisation in practice.

Committee voting no doubt
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,000
    3_2ea09cba-48dd-42e6-ab27-7021396abaed_2048x2048.jpg?v=1549983107
    https://007store.com/products/007-db10-aston-martin-with-remote-control
    1. This is adorable and I want one.

2. They can’t make Bond video games anymore because 007 isn’t for kids, but they can make this?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    I hate when they do this wouldn't bond win in fighting and intelligence bond would destroy
    him https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/james-bond-jason-bourne-spy-agent-comparison-better/amp/
    All the Bourne lovers say bond doesn't have skill uses gadgets wouldn't win in hand to hand combat can't be stealthy to busy making out with women not a killer heck bond can take anything look at casino royale and spectre a drill in the head didn't do anything to him they claim bond gets captured to easy they also say he has more training in martial arts and hand to hand skills its madding. There big claim is Bourne only used a magazine to defend himself against a knife like really? bond used his hands to defend himself against a machete they claim borne killed a guy with a book and pen it's just upsetting me alot
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Ever see Team America? You'll feel better.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Ever see Team America? You'll feel better.

I feel better reading this Bond wins hands down https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/James_Bond_(Personality_and_Traits) what's team America @RichardTheBruce
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    It's an action puppet film that mocks Mr. Damon. I should warn it also involves puppet dismemberment, puppet projectile vomiting, puppet sex, and Kim Jing Il.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    "You're now useless to me, Arec Baw-win!" (or something like that).