Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

Does anyone know if there's a way to remove DRM (I think that's what it called) from iTunes videos and converting videos to other formats like MP4 – making the video files possible to view on other (non-Apple) devices and media players?

You can get DRM removal software some free online specifically for iTunes, though I have never used it myself.

This link maybe helpful...

https://www.lifewire.com/best-drm-removal-programs-2438495

Thanks, I'll have a look into DRM removal softwares! Unfortunately the link above only covers music, and not videos. Maybe there are similar solutions for videos.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Does anyone know if there's a way to remove DRM (I think that's what it called) from iTunes videos and converting videos to other formats like MP4 – making the video files possible to view on other (non-Apple) devices and media players?

You can get DRM removal software some free online specifically for iTunes, though I have never used it myself.

This link maybe helpful...

https://www.lifewire.com/best-drm-removal-programs-2438495

Thanks, I'll have a look into DRM removal softwares! Unfortunately the link above only covers music, and not videos. Maybe there are similar solutions for videos.

YouTube is often a good place to look for walk through tutorials, if you find suitable software just be careful where you download it from.

I buy mostly from Amazon the films are locked into the app, I have never looked into converting the movies. The music on Amazon you can download and play on any device.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I just looked on YouTube there are alot of Remove DRM iTunes movie videos
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Thanks again, I'll have a look on Youtube! Hopefully there's an easy way to do it :-)
    Thanks again, I'll have a look on Youtube! Hopefully there's an easy way to do it :-)

Sorry could not help more I don't have a mac or ipad I don't use there products, some of the videos are a few minutes long it should be an easy process, best to look at more recent videos and look at what version of iTunes you have for compatiblity.

Sorry could not help more I don't have a mac or ipad I don't use there products, some of the videos are a few minutes long it should be an easy process, best to look at more recent videos and look at what version of iTunes you have for compatiblity.

Yes, the length of the videos are short enough, so hopefully it will be a quick and easy process!

Yes, the length of the videos are short enough, so hopefully it will be a quick and easy process!

It's just occurred to me that I have attemtempted the process before I totally forgot, though all I got was a blank image, I never looked further into it after that. Though reading up a bit on it now I may have used the wrong browser.

Glad you got it sorted.

It's just occurred to me that I have attemtempted the process before I totally forgot, though all I got was a blank image, I never looked further into it after that. Though reading up a bit on it now I may have used the wrong browser.

Glad you got it sorted.

Looks like there are various softwares that can be used for the process. Tried one program, but that didn't work (might have been an older one). Going to try out a couple more programs throughout the evening. Fingers crossed!

Glad you got it sorted.

Looks like there are various softwares that can be used for the process. Tried one program, but that didn't work (might have been an older one). Going to try out a couple more programs throughout the evening. Fingers crossed!

I have some software called Video Downloadhelper though it did not work with DRM content.

Glad you got it sorted.

I have some software called Video Downloadhelper though it did not work with DRM content.

Might read up on that one later.
    Tried various softwares for converting the iTunes movies, but they all converted only 1-3 minutes of the film in trial mode. To download the entire film you had to buy the software. That's typical, isn't it!

Glad you got it sorted.

Tried various softwares for converting the iTunes movies, but they all converted only 1-3 minutes of the film in trial mode. To download the entire film you had to buy the software. That's typical, isn't it!

It is ridiculous that we can't do want we want with digital media we have purchased, though I understand its to guard against mass pirating.

Can you currently watch iTunes films on all your devices?

Amazon allows downloads of films to my tablets and phones though access through the app.

Glad you got it sorted.

It is ridiculous that we can't do want we want with digital media we have purchased, though I understand its to guard against mass pirating.

Amazon allows downloads of films to my tablets and phones though access through the app.

Yes, it's understandable yet strange!

I can watch all my iTunes films on my devices, but I'm trying to find a way to have some of the films I've bought available as video files I can play on other devices too, should it be necessary. Have several Apple products at the moment, but there's a good chance I'll try out products from different manufacturers at some point.

Amazon still doesn't allow downloads of films from Norway, unfortunately (at least the last time I checked). Hope that will change soon, as there are plenty of titles I'd want to check out without filling the entire bookshelf of DVDs or Blu-rays.

Glad you got it sorted.

I can watch all my iTunes films on my devices, but I'm trying to find a way to have some of the films I've bought available as video files I can play on other devices too, should it be necessary. Have several Apple products at the moment, but there's a good chance I'll try out products from different manufacturers at some point.

Amazon still doesn't allow downloads of films from Norway, unfortunately (at least the last time I checked). Hope that will change soon, as there are plenty of titles I'd want to check out without filling the entire bookshelf of DVDs or Blu-rays.
    I briefly looked into it myself as I wanted the Digital movies I bought put on my pc, some services allow it though Amazon don't on PC.

Glad you got it sorted.

I briefly looked into it myself as I wanted the Digital movies I bought put on my pc, some services allow it though Amazon don't on PC.

Guess it's worth looking into these sort of things when buying digital. Expected Apple and iTunes to be a bit "difficult" with these sort of things, though.

Glad you got it sorted.

Guess it's worth looking into these sort of things when buying digital. Expected Apple and iTunes to be a bit "difficult" with these sort of things, though.

It's good to have a combined library of media content, it saves messing about navigating apps and software.

Glad you got it sorted.

It's good to have a combined library of media content, it saves messing about navigating apps and software.

Definitely! Been using Google Play more lately. Just love how you can play it via Youtube as well.

Glad you got it sorted.

Definitely! Been using Google Play more lately. Just love how you can play it via Youtube as well.

I use Google play music and movies in my kitchen, I have a tablet and speaker set up, so I use 'OK Google' when I am cooking its very handy.

Glad you got it sorted.

I use Google play music and movies in my kitchen, I have a tablet and speaker set up, so I use 'OK Google' when I am cooking its very handy.

Don't doubt that!

Love to put on some music when cooking, but I usually just play it straight from my tablet. Should probably try and find a suitable bluetooth speaker for the kitchen eventually. I have a Marshall Stanmore speaker, but that's a too bit big. Bang & Olufsen's BeoPlay speakers looks to be more suitable, but they're a bit expensive (depending on which one you buy).

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

Love to put on some music when cooking, but I usually just play it straight from my tablet. Should probably try and find a suitable bluetooth speaker for the kitchen eventually. I have a Marshall Stanmore speaker, but that's a too bit big. Bang & Olufsen's BeoPlay speakers looks to be more suitable, but they're a bit expensive (depending on which one you buy).

I have several Bluetooth speakers though always looked for price reductions, I have a few KS speakers that are decent, KS Hive 2 speaker I have in the kitchen

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

I have several Bluetooth speakers though always looked for price reductions, I have a few KS speakers that are decent, KS Hive 2 speaker I have in the kitchen

Never heard about those before; I'll check them out!
    The front of those speakers reminds me a bit of the Tandberg Fasett speakers from the 70's. I bought a pair a couple years ago, and I'm going to combine them with a vintage amplifier, and a streaming device so I can play Spotify/iTunes etc.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

The front of those speakers reminds me a bit of the Tandberg Fasett speakers from the 70's. I bought a pair a couple years ago, and I'm going to combine them with a vintage amplifier, and a streaming device so I can play Spotify/iTunes etc.

I bought mine for £50 though price dropped since, they are pretty good I have my kitchen tablet on a arm support, when I watch Bond movies in my kitchen the Hive 2 sound quality is good.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

I bought mine for £50 though price dropped since, they are pretty good I have my kitchen tablet on a arm support, when I watch Bond movies in my kitchen the Hive 2 sound quality is good.

£50 seems like a good price for Bluetooth speakers! Might have to consider getting one. A tablet am support is also something that could be worth getting, as holding the tablet when cooking is sometimes difficult.
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,327

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

£50 seems like a good price for Bluetooth speakers! Might have to consider getting one. A tablet am support is also something that could be worth getting, as holding the tablet when cooking is sometimes difficult.

I have a few sound bars though bought another portable Bluetooth last week half price its water proof and compact and has 8 hours battery so can take any where

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

I have a few sound bars though bought another portable Bluetooth last week half price its water proof and compact and has 8 hours battery so can take any where

There are a lot of great soundbars out there at the moment. It's not a priority, but I might buy one eventually. Do like portable Bluetooth speakers. Even indoors they are handy, as you can place them anywhere.

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

There are a lot of great soundbars out there at the moment. It's not a priority, but I might buy one eventually. Do like portable Bluetooth speakers. Even indoors they are handy, as you can place them anywhere.

I bought a Bose sound bar a few years back its pretty good, my other soundbar is a cheaper one that I never got round to removing from the wall lol

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

I bought a Bose sound bar a few years back its pretty good, my other soundbar is a cheaper one that I never got round to removing from the wall lol

Listened to a Bose soundbar a few years back. It sounded really nice. If getting one now, I'll probably go for a small one that doesn't take up much space. Still need to sound good though. Also, probably one that doesn't require hanging it one the wall!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    CAPTION CONTEST
    Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-dwarves.jpg
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,327

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

Listened to a Bose soundbar a few years back. It sounded really nice. If getting one now, I'll probably go for a small one that doesn't take up much space. Still need to sound good though. Also, probably one that doesn't require hanging it one the wall!

My Bose soundbar is smallish so sits nicely under my TV...

l_10137802_003.jpg

That's not my TV stand lol
    CAPTION CONTEST
    Snow-White-and-the-Huntsman-dwarves.jpg

'I think they have miscast Snow White'

Glad you got it sorted.

Don't doubt that!

My Bose soundbar is smallish so sits nicely under my TV...

l_10137802_003.jpg

That's not my TV stand lol

That looks like the perfect size, actually! Small enough to not take up too much space.