Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

https://schilthorn.ch/en/Infos/Live

Piz Gloria at night :D
    Tracy wrote: »

That's really cool!
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 1,469
    Yes, that's a great find! It inspired me to do a Google search of Piz Gloria. The Schilthorn website has a video that shows people skiing down from the top as Bond did. Seems to me and my memory of the film that the internet photos show even more stunning views than the film was able to capture in brief glimpses--it would be a fun place to stay for a while. They've got what they say is "The world’s first 007 Walk of Fame – where cast and crew members of On Her Majesty’s Secret Service leave their traces at the legendary Bond movie location." And the restaurant serves the "James Bond 007 Burger" with the 007 logo burned into the top of the bun. Bon appetit.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 3,000
    I received an email this morning that UltraViolet (the digital rights management service for many digital copies of movies) is closing on July 31 of this year. If you have any movies from them you’ll want to make sure to log into your account and link it to a specific retailer to have continued access to your movies. These are their instructions: “As soon as possible, login at myuv.com and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. If your Library is not currently linked to a retailer or if you would like to link to additional participating retailers, select one or more retailers to link to your UltraViolet Library. Don't unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.“
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    THE BBC has confirmed that the annual TV licence fee will increase from from £150.50 to £154.50.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/757155/breaking-bbc-tv-licence-fee-hike-increase-april/amp

What a joke media has changed, its ridiculous we are charged this for services I could do without
    The Ipcress File book cover by Ray Hawkey is probably my favourite book cover.

Hawkey-Icpress-File-e1472905855849.png
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Torgeirtrap, that heavily reminds me of the initial version of the Gary Sanchez Productions opening that would play before their respective movies (I've seen it again recently, but it's been tweaked):

Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Torgeirtrap, that heavily reminds me of the initial version of the Gary Sanchez Productions opening that would play before their respective movies (I've seen it again recently, but it's been tweaked):

Never thought about that before! Maybe they got idea from the book cover?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's quite possible; even the revolver model is incredibly similar, with a slightly tweaked grip and hammer.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE BBC has confirmed that the annual TV licence fee will increase from from £150.50 to £154.50.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/757155/breaking-bbc-tv-licence-fee-hike-increase-april/amp

What a joke media has changed, its ridiculous we are charged this for services I could do without

The licence fee is finally being abolished here after 60 years. Not that I pay it anymore. I stopped watching tv a while ago.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's quite possible; even the revolver model is incredibly similar, with a slightly tweaked grip and hammer.

Another good point! Tried to Google a bit to see if there was a reference there, but found nothing. Will Ferrell and/or Adam McKay might be Harry Palmer fans for all we know.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

The licence fee is finally being abolished here after 60 years. Not that I pay it anymore. I stopped watching tv a while ago.

I don't blame you, it's ridiculous in the UK there should be an option to switch BBC content off as I am sure there are many like me who could not care less about the BBC the shows are rubbish soaps, celebrity's dancing and repeats.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 1,640
    In Norway you have to pay a fee to use the electricity net itself so even if you save power you get stung with a user fee (a woman on wellfare said she turned off the power at 6 pm , as she cant reallly afford the bill......utterly ridiculous and something needs to be done about this)

They can stop with exporting large amounts of energy to Europe , the power made in Norway should be spent in Norway.....I mean really , I shouldnt even have to make a point of this !
    In Norway you have to pay a fee to use the electricity net itself so even if you save power you get stung with a user fee (a woman on wellfare said she turned off the power at 6 pm , as she cant reallly afford the bill......utterly ridiculous and something needs to be done about this)

They can stop with exporting large amounts of energy to Europe , the power made in Norway should be spent in Norway.....I mean really , I shouldnt even have to make a point of this !

Exactly. We have clean aquatic power, and still pay carbon taxes to appease the EU.
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,293

Exactly. We have clean aquatic power, and still pay carbon taxes to appease the EU.

I find this really strange too. Haven't read up on why, but it feels just wrong.

I find this really strange too. Haven't read up on why, but it feels just wrong.

Acer.The common power market, where the energy companies sell to the highest bidders. We pay the price for it.

Acer.The common power market, where the energy companies sell to the highest bidders. We pay the price for it.

That's a shame really.

That's a shame really.

It s a disgrace. The government just sent some secretary to sign the deal, without parliamentary debate or informing the people.

That's a shame really.

It s a disgrace. The government just sent some secretary to sign the deal, without parliamentary debate or informing the people.

I can't see how this deal is any way beneficial – neither for households or the industry sector. Haven't read up on this, so I might have missed some key information though.

That's a shame really.

I can't see how this deal is any way beneficial – neither for households or the industry sector. Haven't read up on this, so I might have missed some key information though.

It is beneficial for their international career chances.

That's a shame really.

It is beneficial for their international career chances.

That's true, haha!

Farce is putting it lightly, believe me!!!
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Farce is putting it lightly, believe me!!!

Hopefully this will be changed sooner rather than later, screw the BBC ideologs the content is poor.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    007Blofeld wrote: »

I have 8 Bluetooth speakers though I think I may need to get a 9th, that's pretty cool
  • edited February 2019 Posts: 17,293
    Does anyone know if there's a way to remove DRM (I think that's what it called) from iTunes videos and converting videos to other formats like MP4 – making the video files possible to view on other (non-Apple) devices and media players?
    edited February 2019 Posts: 23,376
    Does anyone know if there's a way to remove DRM (I think that's what it called) from iTunes videos and converting videos to other formats like MP4 – making the video files possible to view on other (non-Apple) devices and media players?

You can get DRM removal software some free online specifically for iTunes, though I have never used it myself.

This link maybe helpful...

https://www.lifewire.com/best-drm-removal-programs-2438495