Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Just Google it, it'll be easy to find them. They're definitely not forum friendly.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    OK, I just did. Pretty dumb, but he apologized.
    Yeah apparently shock humor was his schtick for quite a number of years, so it wasn't a secret. Not sure why it's a big deal after all these years but you know how these things go anymore.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    The irony is that the tweets were pointed out by a popular alt-right figure, who brought up the tweets when Gunn stated an anti-Trump opinion.
    jake24 wrote: »
    The irony is that the tweets were pointed out by a popular alt-right figure, who brought up the tweets when Gunn stated an anti-Trump opinion.

That should redeem him!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

Speaking of irony

DikHaR4V4AAgWmE?format=jpg
    Well that tweet aged like fine wine.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2018 Posts: 17,691
    Seems like another snowflake hatchet job to me. He's a jerk, and expresses himself that way, but are we detecting any serious sociopathic stuff here? And Trump gets no blowback for HIS stuff? Wow.
    I looked for his transgressive tweets... did I miss the "really bad" ones?
    Edit: Okay, I found them... they're kind of old. Pretty gross, but are we to believe that's all serious? Like Al's ouster, it seems like over-reaction to me. Just like the under-reaction to our POTUS stating that Nazis are some pretty fine people SERIOUSLY.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Anyone who's on Twitter, left or right, act like serious self-righteous sociopathic narcissists.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Anyone who's on Twitter, left or right, act like serious self-righteous sociopathic narcissists.
    Twitter is complete garbage.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Definitely. That's why I left before all hell broke loose.

Twitter is like an ADD Facebook just DARING more flame warring.
    This is such a shame. Gunn’s GotG was vastly superior to the new Star Wars movies and now they’ve gone and fired its biggest asset. Boy do I hate Twitter. I don’t support Gunn’s politics but it seems he’s lived and died by his own sword. That Roseanne tweet wasn’t the wisest move considering his own words came back to bite him on the ass. Alas, he can’t have it both ways. The winner here is political correctness and the loser quality movies.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Thin skin generation in a nutshell.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    As much as I hate infringement on free speech, and wanted to hate marvel after hearing this news, they are right to fire him because his comments are disgusting
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2018 Posts: 11,139
    As much as I hate infringement on free speech, and wanted to hate marvel after hearing this news, they are right to fire him because his comments are disgusting

And? The guy was being facetious and apologised for them YEARS AGO. It's not like it was some closeted secret that's now all of a sudden been brought to life. But of course despite being a different person and seeing success he's now being thrown under a bus all because a bunch of bottom feeders who werent even remotely offended by his remarks don't like what he had to say about the world's biggest bigot who somehow faces zero consequences for his vile behaviour. Disney firing him now when they knew of his history is all the more deplorable and a wasted opportunity to promote redemption and growth/change.
    Imagine if social media was around when Robert Downey Junior was up to his wayward ways. What if videos and reports of his past were dug up and posted all over the place just to smeer the guy? What then? The proliferation in the way how political correctness has been and is being weaponised is a joke. Seriously, this world needs a finger snap.
    Surely there's more to this than meets the eye? Perhaps Gunn has some other skeletons in the closet and it was a mutual agreement for him and Disney to part ways before it comes to light?
    doubleoego wrote: »

And? The guy was being facetious and apologised for them YEARS AGO. It's not like it was some closeted secret that's now all of a sudden been brought to life. But of course despite being a different person and seeing success he's now being thrown under a bus all because a bunch of bottom feeders who werent even remotely offended by his remarks don't like what he had to say about the world's biggest bigot who somehow faces zero consequences for his vile behaviour. Disney firing him now when they knew of his history is all the more deplorable and a wasted opportunity to promote redemption and growth/change.
    Imagine if social media was around when Robert Downey Junior was up to his wayward ways. What if videos and reports of his past were dug up and posted all over the place just to smeer the guy? What then? The proliferation in the way how political correctness has been and is being weaponised is a joke. Seriously, this world needs a finger snap.

I mean, you raise a good point, marvel said Gunn doesn’t stand for their values as a company but does drug abuser RDJ stand for those?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Definitely not going to see that.
    Definitely not going to see that.

I'm with ya here.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    VENOM CGI reminds me of the SPAWN movie.

Going off that, it reminds me of an early 2,000’s/ late 90’s super hero film

So crap
    It´s not worse than Steppenwolf in that JL film. And Thanos in IW didn´t look very proper either. Films should tone down the use of CGI characters.
    So those bastards at Sony are now making a Kraven movie. FFS! Kraven is one of my favourite Spider-Man villains and now they're pulling this crap.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So those bastards at Sony are now making a Kraven movie. FFS! Kraven is one of my favourite Spider-Man villains and now they're pulling this crap.

Yep. They want to keep the license...
    My disdain for Sony grows each day. I don't even know how Amy Pascal still has an affiliated job over there.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Going off that, it reminds me of an early 2,000’s/ late 90’s super hero film

So crap

Pretty much...

The only thing that is of any interest to me is Tom Hardy's performance, beyond that I am not expecting much from the film.
    Do they have an actor for the Kraven role?
    edited August 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Black Panther will now pass $700 million domestically today, sitting comfortably at its throne as the most successful Marvel film, also biggest solo-superhero film to ever grace the silver screen and one of the highest grossing films of all time.

The projection comes after some unexpected theater earnings on Thursday and Friday, according to a report from Forbes. This is unheard of as the movie enters its 170th day of release, and only two other films have topped the $700 million mark, with Avatar (238 days in theatres) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (168 days in theatres)respectively at the top two. Avengers: Infinity War follows closely behind Black Panther as the 4th highest grossing movie domestically, with $678 million of earnings. The movie was a culmination of a decade worth of Marvel films and also featured Black Panther and his world of Wakanda.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/245...13545aae95a39e

As of August 3, 2018
    Domestic: $699,985,026 52.0%
    + Foreign: $646,674,251 48.0%
    = Worldwide: $1,346,659,277