Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Risico007 wrote: »
    I find it slightly comical that Marvel is now taking first run dc actors and putting them in their films Michael Keaton last year this year Michelle Pfiefer what’s next George Clooney as Dr Doom.....

Oh god no what have I done

Clearly, he'd be Galactus.

Don't forget the flip side, though. JK Simmons and Willem Dafoe hopping over to DC.

Oh yeah.... And the guy playing deathstroke

And Ben Affleck lol

Thomas Jane as green lantern
    bondjames wrote: »
    For some weird reason, those ANT MAN character posters reminded me of the DAD ones.

die_another_day__2002__character_posters_xlg_by_espioartwork_102-d8r1n9k.jpg
    Dear me, this brings back terrible memories. When I saw these plastered all over the local multiplex I knew things were not going to go well.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Oh by the way do you have the transport documents? ;)
    colonel+a.jpg
    This loser is one of the worst actors in the series imho, rivalling that prison guard in TLD. Just awful.
    What??? That prison guard is hilarious! Pure genius!

A warning to Thanos from The Man himself :

https://cbr.com/stan-lee-warns-thanos-infinity-war-ending/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    C957_B675_F20_C_43_C0_A6_D5_ED1743_FC554_F.jpg
    Ant-Man gets a desk :

That´s a good idea, to get tickets tomorrow :-).

I can only marvel at the cleverness of Marvel. IW put me off, I didn´t like that combination. And then they put out this, which goes in a totally different direction in every way and will surely get my money again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    antman_and_the_wasp_ver13.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Love that poster. :-bd
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very reminiscent of QOS.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 15,691
    A first teaser trailer for Captain Marvel is expected to drop in 2 weeks time, in time for the North American big screen release of Ant Man and the Wasp.
    Very reminiscent of QOS.

Eapecially the popcorn.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    A first teaser trailer for Captain Marvel is expected to drop in 2 weeks time, in time for the North American big screen release of Ant Man and the Wasp.

Can't wait for Captain Marvel.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    doubleoego wrote: »

Can't wait for Captain Marvel.

Yes, it will be the cat's whiskers. And one of the first cinematic female hero costumes not showing skin or made of skin-tight vinyl. ;)
    It has not always been that way :

1977-1st-issue.jpg

MsMarvel%28Danvers%29_Head.jpg
    Gerard wrote: »
    It has not always been that way :

1977-1st-issue.jpg

MsMarvel%28Danvers%29_Head.jpg

Ha, yeah. But I liked when she got basically the same costume as her male predecessor. It made no sense to change the costume just because she's female. Except- whaoh, SKIN!
    So I hear that the Fox/Disney buyout has been approved. X-men, Fantatic 4 and all that comes with those properties are returning Home! Where the MCU can go is now way beyond unprecedented.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    So I hear that the Fox/Disney buyout has been approved. X-men, Fantatic 4 and all that comes with those properties are returning Home! Where the MCU can go is now way beyond unprecedented.

Curious to see what they will do with those, especially Fantastic Four.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    X-Men always felt on and off.

But, they really didn't handle Fantastic Four well. Even though I did like the 2005 film and its sequel, some moments in it were quite cringeworthy. And the lesser said about the recent installment the better.
    I loved the Tim Story movies, but the last one was awful.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Anyone got any good ideas for a new FF cast?
    Dominic West as Reed Richards?

I don t know, I was skeptic towards Gruffudd, but that worked out fine. I miss Jessica Alba. She can come back if she wants to.

I don t know, I was skeptic towards Gruffudd, but that worked out fine. I miss Jessica Alba. She can come back if she wants to.
    He was alright. Not bad at all.

I loved Jessica Alba in it, too.
    Jessica made those movies for me... ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I need Michael Chiklis back as the Thing in prosthetics. Honestly, bring back the 05-07 cast, I'd be fine with it. Just meta gag Johnny Storm and Steve Rogers meeting one another and being confused that they look like twins.
    Ant-Man is my favorite Marvel movie. This is the sequel I'd been hoping for. I was grinning from ear to ear from start to finish. Irresistibly good fun. As exciting as it is funny, it locks along nicely and it's visually stunning! #antmanandthewasp

Ant-Man & The Wasp is crazy fun. Very self-contained, but brimming with energy, and full of cool and creative surprises. Super funny, and the entire cast is wonderful. I had a blast!

Ant-Man and The Wasp is strong on the humor, amazing on the visual effects, creative in size manipulation, and clever in its "villains." Great movie

Ant-Man and The Wasp is Marvel's best sequel since The Winter Solider. @EvangelineLilly is one of my new favorite super heroes. @MrPeytonReed knocked it out of the park!! Tremendous movie!

#AntManAndTheWasp is a freaking blast! Absolutely hysterical and the effects a incredible!!! Definitely see it in 3D! Also, my fav Stan Lee cameo ever!

Ant-Man and The Wasp is a lot of fun. At its best when it’s almost an over the top silly comedy, less so when it’s about the comic booky villain driven moments. Some fantastic miniature/maxature action sequences. @realmichaelpena steals the show again.

What a year for Marvel! Absolutely loved #AntManAndTheWasp. Stellar ensemble and the humor is spot on. (Laughed myself to tears during one sequence!) The tech is used to great effect yet again. Unique, highly entertaining ride I can’t wait to go on again.

A tiny take: #AntManAndTheWasp was a total blast. Romantic, energetic and a lot of fun. @MrPeytonReed left unchained and left to his own devices is glorious and totally bonkers and brilliant.

I loved #AntManAndTheWasp. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much in a Marvel movie, though Ragnarok is up there. Nice change of pace from Infinity War. The emsemble is perfect!

I have emerged from #AntManAndTheWasp and bring good news. This movie is a total blast. Liked it more than the original (which I dug). It’s remains self-contained in the crazy MCU of it all, which is a good thing. Doesn’t ignore its connections to that world, though.
    :-)
    Great stuff! The first movie really surprised me and I'm glad the sequel is getting favourable reviews.

Kevin Feige never ceases to amaze me. As a producer he juggles all these individual franchises with their different themes and subgenres and effort marries them into a bigger narrative to make up a varied yet consistent cinematic universe.

This movie won't make anything less than $700Million (It's going to gross more than Justice League).

Marvel have done it again #EmbarassmentOfRiches
    tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko1_500.gif

tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko2_500.gif

tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko3_500.gif

tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko4_500.gif

tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko5_500.gif

tumblr_panoc5LFPt1x0bvwko6_500.gif