Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    @royale65 I'd like to see a more 'low-key' spy/thriller film, similar to Captain America: Winter Soldier, which IMO had the best fight/action sequences in the MCU (the boat assault at the start and the attack on Samuel L Jackson's convoy) and the best performance of Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow.

Agreed. For me Winter Soldier is the best of the MCU films, and if we get a similar type of film for Black Widow, I'll be chuffed.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2018 Posts: 15,691
    TV spot for Ant-Man and the Wasp:

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    royale65 wrote: »
    @royale65 I'd like to see a more 'low-key' spy/thriller film, similar to Captain America: Winter Soldier, which IMO had the best fight/action sequences in the MCU (the boat assault at the start and the attack on Samuel L Jackson's convoy) and the best performance of Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow.

Agreed. For me Winter Soldier is the best of the MCU films, and if we get a similar type of film for Black Widow, I'll be chuffed.

Oh yeah!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I like The Winter Soldier. Don't get me wrong. I just don't see why people have such a high regard for it. It didn't break new ground. At least not for me. It was just a regular "mole in the agency" plot with a protagonist going rogue for the greater good.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I like The Winter Soldier. Don't get me wrong. I just don't see why people have such a high regard for it. It didn't break new ground. At least not for me. It was just a regular "mole in the agency" plot with a protagonist going rogue for the greater good.

You're right, but the characters were so well written that I just loved it. Action was great too. A high point for me because of a perfect balance all around.
    chrisisall wrote: »

You're right, but the characters were so well written that I just loved it. Action was great too. A high point for me because of a perfect balance all around.
    Agreed. At least Steve's character development was handled very well.

My only problem with it is that they exposed "the endgame of Hydra" too soon, and Baron Von Strucker, the Blofeld/Moriarty of the Marvel comics, got killed that easily in the succeeding Avengers film.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    For me it came down to suspense and tension. The film handled that aspect masterfully. It was almost a thriller of sorts, but delivered with the polish and verve expected from Feige's Marvel. The aforementioned ship scene and assassination attempt on Nick Fury were highlights as well as the attack by the Winter Soldier on Cap, Black Widow and Falcon on the streets of D.C. Add a memorable Henry Jackman score and it's hard to beat.

I expect the Black Widow solo film to be nothing less than outstanding. Johansson can do wry humour combined with nonchalance very well. With her in the lead I believe Marvel can give us something to rival Bond at the box office.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    For me it came down to suspense and tension. The film handled that aspect masterfully. It was almost a thriller of sorts, but delivered with the polish and verve expected from Feige's Marvel. The aforementioned ship scene and assassination attempt on Nick Fury were highlights as well as the attack by the Winter Soldier on Cap, Black Widow and Falcon on the streets of D.C. Add a memorable Henry Jackman score and it's hard to beat.

I expect the Black Widow solo film to be nothing less than outstanding. Johansson can do wry humour combined with nonchalance very well. With her in the lead I believe Marvel can give us something to rival Bond at the box office.

Definitely. The assassination attempt on Fury is absolutely superb. It’s a really well made film.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    The Winter Soldier is still my favourite-- with Infinity War coming a close second (then IM1)...

And yes, Johansson and her husky voice and charisma, is a throwback to another era.... I don't know if it'd rival Bond (I doubt that since, to me, different WW demographic), but she's the foundation of an amazing spin-off, no doubt.
    Johansson is a terrific actress. One of the best in her generation.

Like Peter said, she's a throwback to another era.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Chris Pratt has confirmed that filming for Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will start in January 2019.
    Fan art, or real promotional material ? You decide :

display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e7893c13&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Frcup4bmiy5211.jpg
    Hulk in a costume? Are they somewhat borrowing from Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.?

gPhiKM5.jpg
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    For some weird reason, those ANT MAN character posters reminded me of the DAD ones.

die_another_day__2002__character_posters_xlg_by_espioartwork_102-d8r1n9k.jpg
    Ahh, Bond did the Marvel thing before it was cool. ;)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Oh by the way do you have the transport documents? ;)
    colonel+a.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    colonel+a.jpg

Love that he managed to somehow sneak away with a character poster, as well.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    colonel+a.jpg

It is pretty funny. :P
    He was in the film for how long? 67 seconds?

But I must say, I am very much in love with the cast of AATW. Michelle Pfeiffer gives me shivering knees right away, with Hannah John-Kamen giving her a serious run for her money, I loved her in Ready Player One, she's like Paula Patton from MI4, only hotter yet. Not to forget Evangeline Lilly prompting me to seriously consider foursomes.
    I find it slightly comical that Marvel is now taking first run dc actors and putting them in their films Michael Keaton last year this year Michelle Pfiefer what’s next George Clooney as Dr Doom.....

Oh god no what have I done
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    colonel+a.jpg

Who even is that?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    For some weird reason, those ANT MAN character posters reminded me of the DAD ones.

die_another_day__2002__character_posters_xlg_by_espioartwork_102-d8r1n9k.jpg
    Dear me, this brings back terrible memories. When I saw these plastered all over the local multiplex I knew things were not going to go well.
    colonel+a.jpg
    This loser is one of the worst actors in the series imho, rivalling that prison guard in TLD. Just awful.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @Murdock, did you make that poster?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I find it slightly comical that Marvel is now taking first run dc actors and putting them in their films Michael Keaton last year this year Michelle Pfiefer what’s next George Clooney as Dr Doom.....

Oh god no what have I done

Clearly, he'd be Galactus.

Don't forget the flip side, though. JK Simmons and Willem Dafoe hopping over to DC.

No, that is a genuine piece of (unreleased?) advertising for TWINE. @Murdock is clearly better than that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    royale65 wrote: »

No, that is a genuine piece of (unreleased?) advertising for TWINE. @Murdock is clearly better than that.

It just seemed like a joke, which is why I had to ask.
    EON marketing department of late has been a joke @Thunderfinger.

I only make posters of important Bond characters. :))
    2pWuieRl.jpg