Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm not sure how they can go forward with a fourth Thor, given they've killed off a lot of the players. I know Hemsworth wants another one.

I liked the speculation in that clip about Danny Boyle for GoG3. That could be interesting.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'm not sure how they can go forward with a fourth Thor, given they've killed off a lot of the players. I know Hemsworth wants another one.

I liked the speculation in that clip about Danny Boyle for GoG3. That could be interesting.

That Boyle mention was amusing @bondjames, regarding Thor 4 initially I thought New Asgard on earth though Infinity War seems to have debunked that... Unless when Thanus is defeated the reset is before Thanus even gets the Guantlet or any of the stones though that is probably too extreme.

That Boyle mention was amusing @bondjames, regarding Thor 4 initially I thought New Asgard on earth though Infinity War seems to have debunked that... Unless when Thanus is defeated the reset is before Thanus even gets the Guantlet or any of the stones though that is probably too extreme.
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns that could well be what they end up doing, although as you said it's probably taking it too far. I was pretty sure they were done with this interpretation of Thor given Hemsworth's Marvel contract is up with IW2.

Ragnarok did much better than anyone expected though, and with Hemsworth pushing for another one maybe they have something up their sleeve. Honestly, I'd just let it be. Waititi delivered a spectacular 'one off' but I don't think they should milk the cow.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,376

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns that could well be what they end up doing, although as you said it's probably taking it too far. I was pretty sure they were done with this interpretation of Thor given Hemsworth's Marvel contract is up with IW2.

Ragnarok did much better than anyone expected though, and with Hemsworth pushing for another one maybe they have something up their sleeve. Honestly, I'd just let it be. Waititi delivered a spectacular 'one off' but I don't think they should milk the cow.

It would be new for MCU as the stand alone films have all been a maximum of 3 films, I am mixed about Ragnarok though it was successful and they reinvented that set of films, I would move on to other characters personally, or just put Thor in a third Guardians film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    First Captain Marvel promo art emerges

cmbook2.jpg

CMBOOKS1.jpg
    Very nice. I'm extremely curious about this film. They've kept things under wraps nicely, increasing the anticipation.
    Shazam! I much prefer that suit on Carol Danvers
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Gerard wrote: »

Thanks to the Chinese, AatW's total is at $544.9. With the foreign box office getting more important, perhaps this is a lifeline for Ant-Man 3.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 23,883
    And you thought we were bad. Look at these clowns demanding a Captain Marvel trailer. This is what happens when you read too many comics I suppose. At least 4 of them had the decency and brains to wear masks.

They have a point though. Where's that trailer?

What do you think lads? Shall we make one demanding an update on B25?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And if the trailer is out next, they will thank themselves.
    edited September 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Something's coming...

DmSyRghXcAAoFyI?format=jpg&name=small
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    opw_04698_r.jpg
    opw_05957_r.jpg
    opw_09677_r.jpg
    opw_16473_r.jpg
    dbr1520_cmp_v710_1032_2.jpg
    Sam Jackson photo jumped the most, he looks convincingly younger.

Brie looks pretty awesome suited up.
    Djimon Hounsou appears to be in one of those photos, so he is in two Captain Marvel films?
    Hounsou and Pace who were both in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film are in Captain Marvel as this film is prequel set in the 90s.

doubleoego wrote: »
    Hounsou and Pace who were both in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film are in Captain Marvel as this film is prequel set in the 90s.

I noticed Pace was in the cast list Ronan and the Kree will no doubt be fleshed out more, I have avoided story info on the film. The cast list is quite impressive.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Djimon Hounsou is also in Aquaman, so he'll be in 3 big-budget superhero films from December 2018 to April 2019.
    It´s going to be awefully nice to watch Brie Larson for two hours. I never thought I would say such a thing about any actor.
    I am wondering whether Thanos will have a cameo in Captain Marvel.

I can think a 12 letter-word starting with M that Samuel L Jackson can yell at Thanos if he snaps his fingers close to him. ;)

I can think a 12 letter-word starting with M that Samuel L Jackson can yell at Thanos if he snaps his fingers close to him. ;)

Ha ha I watched that post credit scene with sub titles Mother... lol
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    How did I not know Jude Law was in this?
    Season 3 soon...

Capture_d_e_cran_2018_09_06_a_18_49_30.png
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Probably not until next year.
    I'm loving those photos from Captain Marvel. I have a feeling it's going to give WW 1984 quite a run for it's money next year.
    --
    boldfinger wrote: »
    It´s going to be awefully nice to watch Brie Larson for two hours. I never thought I would say such a thing about any actor.
    She's a cool actress and always watchable.
    --
    Season 3 soon...

Capture_d_e_cran_2018_09_06_a_18_49_30.png
    Big fan of this show. It's been a long wait.
    How did I not know Jude Law was in this?
    Exactly my sentiment.
  • edited September 2018 Posts: 5,811
    The Marvel Cinematic Uiverse and ABBA :

https://cbr.com/mcu-action-scenes-abba/

Why didn't I think of that ?
    Captain Marvel trailer to drop next week!