Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

doubleoego wrote: »
    The venom movie is getting ripped to shreds...hahahaha Sony pictures you never learn.

Do you want Disney to run every franchise?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Risico007 wrote: »
    The venom movie is getting ripped to shreds...hahahaha Sony pictures you never learn.

"Run every franchise"? Not sure why you're asking me THAT question but seeing as Disney own Marvel, I would like for EVERY Marvel property to return back to where they belong...with Disney/Marvel. The X-men and the Fantastic 4 will be returning, Spider-Man has one foot in and one foot out...they all just need to come back; especially as these days Marvel Studios are the only ones who know how to do a successful job.

"Run every franchise"? Not sure why you're asking me THAT question but seeing as Disney own Marvel, I would like for EVERY Marvel property to return back to where they belong...with Disney/Marvel. The X-men and the Fantastic 4 will be returning, Spider-Man has one foot in and one foot out...they all just need to come back; especially as these days Marvel Studios are the only ones who know how to do a successful job.

Yeah because there isn’t a successful franchise that has been running since 1962 that we all enjoy lol
    Within the context of my post I was referring to MS being the only ones within the comic book genre to wholly be successful.
    Within the context of my post I was referring to MS being the only ones within the comic book genre to wholly be successful.

The Dark knight trilogy says hi and asks why you don’t call anymore?

I guess Tom Hardy is clever to be busy with his Al Capone movie. Perhaps this gives him a chance to duck out of the responsibility of doing much pr rounds for Venom ;-).

Hahahaha, mate. TDK trilogy ain't saying "hi" to me because if you read what I wrote I said MS are the only ones in the comic book genre that are wholly successful. Emphasis on wholly. Last time I checked the DCEU has been a failure overall. Every DCEU film apart from Wonder Woman has been a critical failure and have had a poor return at the BO. Think about this...Justice League made Ant-Man money!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Hahahaha, mate. TDK trilogy ain't saying "hi" to me because if you read what I wrote I said MS are the only ones in the comic book genre that are wholly successful. Emphasis on wholly. Last time I checked the DCEU has been a failure overall. Every DCEU film apart from Wonder Woman has been a critical failure and have had a poor return at the BO. Think about this...Justice League made Ant-Man money!

The Dark Knight Trilogy isn't in the DCEU and the whole trilogy was commercially successful, though the ending controversial and divisive.

Still, the MCU has proven itself critically and commercially and I'd love to see all the Marvel characters united under one banner that has continually proven itself despite the detractors.
    I wasn't talking about TDK though and I used the DCEU as a reference point against MS' MCU.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Good, it looks terrible and if they can’t find 2 minutes of decent footage for a trailer then I could only imagine what a slog two hours would be, anything besides negotiable would be a lie
    It's a good point actually. I was thinking the same thing. They've given a lot away in the trailers and there's hardly an impressive moment in them (except perhaps Hardy convulsing on the table). The more I see of Venom itself the less interested I am. Still, I'll probably check it out on the strength of the cast.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    bondjames wrote: »
    Good, it looks terrible and if they can’t find 2 minutes of decent footage for a trailer then I could only imagine what a slog two hours would be, anything besides negotiable would be a lie
    It's a good point actually. I was thinking the same thing. They've given a lot away in the trailers and there's hardly an impressive moment in them (except perhaps Hardy convulsing on the table). The more I see of Venom itself the less interested I am. Still, I'll probably check it out on the strength of the cast.

Just wait for it to turn up on Netflix, we shouldn’t support nonsense films made by committees

Just wait for it to turn up on Netflix, we shouldn’t support nonsense films made by committees
    Isn´t Netflix a much bigger Committee?

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    boldfinger wrote: »

Are you confused? Netflix didn’t make the venom movie
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looking great. Vincent D'Onofrio is excellent as Wilson Fisk, aka Kingpin. Marvel may arguably have weak villains in the their film series (Loki excepted), but they've got a killer bad guy on this show.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Almost sorry I dont have Netfisk.

This looks very inspired by the Frank Miller run.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Chris Evans officially steps down from the role of Captain America, confirming the upcoming Avengers 4 will be his last film in the role.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Chris Evans officially steps down from the role of Captain America, confirming the upcoming Avengers 4 will be his last film in the role.

I expected him to bite the dust in Civil War, but was pleasantly surprised he did not.
  • Risico007 wrote: »

For my part, I don't give a fig who runs the franchises. I just want good films. Insofar as Sony has a horrible track record with this stuff, I'd just as soon take the keys away from them for a little while.

Are you confused? Netflix didn’t make the venom movie
    No I´m not confused, are you? The post I answered to mentioned not the Committee that made Venom, but nonsense films made by committees. I´m not saying Netflix makes nonsense films, but they sure are a Committee with a dubious Agenda, sporting a Policy of making films and not showing them in cinemas.

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California

I have plenty of issues with the way Disney is handling the MCU and Star Wars franchises, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want Marvel Studios to get their characters back.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    If a solo Venom movie came out a decade ago (not counting Spider-Man 3), it would've been the most emo, edgy thing we've ever seen. It's really strange how quickly culture changes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Regarding this heavy development, when is it expected for Disney to announce the next phase of the MCU?
    They kind of already have but not in the way they did during their phase announcement back in 2014.

Spider-Man far from home is the 1st of the phase 4 films. Guardians of the Galaxy is still happening and they've decided they'll go ahead using Gunn's script. Black Widow is happening in phase 4, the Eternals have got their director and Black Panther 2, Doctor Strange 2 are both scheduled for phase 4. I suspect a few other films will also be released for this phase.

I think any all encompassing phase announcement will be made during next year's comicon or Disney's D23 expo.
    I see.

Although, I still wish they'd plainly announce the titles (along with their designed logos) for the next phase (formally named Phase Four or else) the way they did with Phase Three back in 2014.

Wasn't there a word in bringing Inhumans back to film development after they dropped it in favour of the godawful ABC miniseries? Or am I confusing it with The Eternals?
    Will SM far from Home include SM's resurrection, or will it be set before IW? If so, what exactly is Phase 4?
    Sorry I'm such a comic layman;-)
    The MCU films are divided into three phases as of now.

Phase One has the original Avengers team assembled. Phase Two begins with the sequels and ends with Ant-Man’s debut. The third one is from Captain America’s third to the fourth Avengers film.

Right now, unofficially, Far From Home is listed among a “Post-Phase Three” group.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Will SM far from Home include SM's resurrection, or will it be set before IW? If so, what exactly is Phase 4?
    Sorry I'm such a comic layman;-)

The resurrection will likely occur in Avengers 4. That's all but confirmed at this point.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I believe there has to be an end to the superhero hysteria on the horizon. Avengers 4 may be the point of critical mass.
    Venom going towards a $75+ million opening weekend, beating the previous October opening record of $55.7 million set by Gravity in 2013.