Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3 delayed from 2020 to 2021.

I read that Dave Bautista is 'defecting' to DC,is that right ?

Dave was on Smackdown 1000 show on Tuesday he may be having a last run in WWE. Though I would not be surprised if Gunn gave him a role in SS2, some have suggested Dave would make a good Bane.

He would indeed !
    I know that Guardians has made a lot of money etc but I have never bought any of the 2 films on DVD etc ,and Dave's character can only go so far.

Cant say I blame him if he left Marvel for DC if a better role is waiting for him there.

It appears he is backing his mate, Dave spoke out when Gunn was sacked, Guardians... are decent films though without Gunn the films will lose some of its identity.

I don't mind watching them,they are just not want I want to add to my DVD collection,same with Black Panther..very good but not quite there.

They need to be careful sacking Gunn,no wonder the production of Guardians 3 has been pushed back.

My interest in MCU films was waning though Infinity War was excellent.

Infinity War grew on me after about 3 watches.
    The first time I watched I was just being bounced from scene to scene !

Josh Brolin added alot of gravitas I thought.

He did...he seems to be playing villains these days.

Josh has come along way since Goonies

Dave was on Smackdown 1000 show on Tuesday he may be having a last run in WWE. Though I would not be surprised if Gunn gave him a role in SS2, some have suggested Dave would make a good Bane.

He would indeed !
    I know that Guardians has made a lot of money etc but I have never bought any of the 2 films on DVD etc ,and Dave's character can only go so far.

Cant say I blame him if he left Marvel for DC if a better role is waiting for him there.

It appears he is backing his mate, Dave spoke out when Gunn was sacked, Guardians... are decent films though without Gunn the films will lose some of its identity.

I don't mind watching them,they are just not want I want to add to my DVD collection,same with Black Panther..very good but not quite there.

They need to be careful sacking Gunn,no wonder the production of Guardians 3 has been pushed back.

He has indeed,he will outdo his dad soon.

He would indeed !

He is actually going to be James Bond ? ;) (sorry it’s really all I know his dad from)
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 19,339
    Risico007 wrote: »

He would indeed !

He is actually going to be James Bond ? ;) (sorry it’s really all I know his dad from)

Hahaha God no,and praise be that his dad didn't either !!.
    His dad was in Westworld,Capricorn One , Traffic , Amityville Horror (original), films like that.
  • doubleoego wrote: »
    I love how the new costume is an homage to the original Amazing fantasy #15 Steve Ditko design with the deep dark blue/black colouring.

I really like him- I hope he never goes the 'Lindsay Lohan' route, lol. It's refreshing to see a young talented actor who seems to generally be a nice down to earth guy
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When is Mavel doing Dracula?
    portrait_incredible.jpg
    portrait_incredible.jpg

They already did
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I know about Blade, but I would like them to properly adapt their version of Dracula in his own right. Preferably based on Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan s TOMB OF DRACULA run from the 70s.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I know about Blade, but I would like them to properly adapt their version of Dracula in his own right. Preferably based on Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan s TOMB OF DRACULA run from the 70s.

A new Netflix version of Blade and Dracula is long overdue.
    portrait_incredible.jpg

Is that a partner to 'Navel' ?

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,376
    "Rehire James Gunn" Billboard Appears Near Disneyland

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/james-gunn-billboard-asks-disney-rehire-him-guardians-3-1156340
    33138626_1540796464603856_r.jpeg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

A for effort though thats money not very well spent.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited November 2018 Posts: 1,257
    Stan Lee, Marvel Comics' Real-Life Superhero, Dies at 95

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stan-lee-marvel-comics-legend-721450

Sad day for the comicbook world. I'm glad he got to see his characters come to life so successfully though.
    No more Stan Lee.

Worse : No more Stan Lee cameos. :(
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Excelsior, Stan.
  • Gerard wrote: »
    No more Stan Lee.

Sad, sad news :(
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Gerard wrote: »
    No more Stan Lee.

He filmed a few cameos in advance. So we'll still be seeing him in several future Marvel films.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Marvel are looking at Travis Knight (director of the upcoming Bumblebee film) to replace James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    :))
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will clock in at 1 hour & 50 minutes.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Sony has dated 2 projects for 2020:

- Untitled Sony/Marvel project on July 10 (most likely Morbius directed by Daniel Espinosa & starring Jared Leto).
    - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel on October 2 (most likely Venom 2).

https://www.thewrap.com/sony-two-marvel-projects-2020/
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    Marvel are looking at Travis Knight (director of the upcoming Bumblebee film) to replace James Gunn for Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

Never heard of Travis Knight, What has he done?
    edited November 2018 Posts: 15,690

Never heard of Travis Knight, What has he done?

He directed this:

Bumblebee is his 2nd project as director.

Reviews embargo for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse will drop this Wednesday (November 28th), over 2 weeks before the film's release in the US (December 14th).
    Capture-d-e-cran-2018-11-28-a-15-36-41.png

That’s almost a metaphor for how Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse fits into the web of 2018 Spider-Media. In a wide field of Spider-Mans to choose from, it is the strength of Miles Morales’ story that makes him a standout character. And Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse has plenty of strengths to go around.

With its risky visual storytelling and tender script, Into the Spider-Verse earns the greatest honor that one can bestow on a Spider-Man movie: It somehow makes you want to see more Spider-Man movies. Including at least a few more for Miles Morales alone.

Spider-Verse not only returns Spider-Man to his comic-book roots, but reinstates that fundamental idea. In this telling of the story, it truly could be anyone behind that mask — a little girl, a grizzled detective, a middle-aged sad sack, maybe even another unassuming New York kid — and all the people wearing it are better together than they are apart.

“Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” represents some of the best superhero storytelling on the market. The frenetic animation and freewheeling story offer audiences a sense of boundless dynamism. It’s not the first time a director has attempted to incorporate comic book iconography into a feature-film adaptation — see also: Ang Lee’s “Hulk” and Edgar Wright’s “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World” — but it’s the most appealing. Watching “Into the Spider-Verse” evokes feelings of sitting cross-legged on the floor of your bedroom, eating cookies and immersing yourself in outrageous, mostly inviting new worlds.

the brilliance of Sony’s snappy new animated “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” shows itself in the project’s uncanny ability to simultaneously reset and expand all that has come before, creating an inclusive world where pretty much anybody can be the superhero … even you!

There will almost certainly be more to be heard from this group of hipster crime fighters, who here have begun to carve out a fertile new neighborhood both in Brooklyn and the Marvel-Verse.

It may seem a bit saccharine, typed out in so many words, but it's a message that superhero comics--that Spider-Man comics specifically--have been touting for ages, and something that's been long overdue for a big screen debut. It probably wouldn't work if Into The Spider-Verse weren't just so funny, self aware, and bleeding-edge modern--but it is, and it does. It manages to blow right past the dangers of sinking into after school special territory by believing wholeheartedly in its own message and delivering it with appropriately genuine stakes. The end result is an instant animated classic, and, with any luck, the first of many of its kind.

While on paper it might seem like a shameless cash grab, this latest take on the webslinger is a thrilling, witty and surprisingly necessary chapter in the franchise

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is incredibly exciting because it eschews all of that. It’s innovative, irreverent, and dynamic. It’s hilarious but exceptionally earnest, with a lead character worth caring about. It’s the kind of cinematic ride that invites more franchise installments — not just to learn more about the many, many characters it introduces and worlds it hints at, but just to see how Miles Morales’ Spider-Man will grow and change.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    I'm just ready for the avengers 4 trailer to drop already!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm just ready for the avengers 4 trailer to drop already!
    Expected today I believe. I saw Infinity War on 4K again last night. It's a film that gets better for me with each viewing. Can't wait for the sequel.
    Venom has crossed $800 million world wide, overtaking last year's Wonder Woman in the process, and now sits as the 5th biggest box office hit of 2018, behind Avengers: Infinity War, Black Panther, Jurassic World 2 and Incredibles 2.
    Wow. I thought everybody said it´s crap?