Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She does seem a bit anesthetized, for lack of a better word. Still, we are only seeing snippets of the film here. I'm hoping there is more life in the full finished product.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    bondjames wrote: »
    She does seem a bit anesthetized, for lack of a better word. Still, we are only seeing snippets of the film here. I'm hoping there is more life in the full finished product.

Indeed. Context is key. One can not pull a two minute clip and be representative of Larson's performance. Maybe Larson was in the "brainwashed, amnesiac Krull warrior" segment of the film?

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    First trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home confirmed for this weekend.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,730
    Lmao what about avengers 4
    First trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home confirmed for this weekend.
    Good stuff. Can't wait to see Gyllenhaal in action as Mysterio.
    Lmao what about avengers 4
    They certainly are keeping a very tight lid on this one. Maybe this is the right way to do it with this highly anticipated entry. Keeps folks guessing.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    They’re going to start marketing the fourth Avengers film “at the end of 2018”, so we’re not far off, I’d say.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    I read that they are going to release the trailer of avengers 4 today most likely in the afternoon or evening.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames And with Michael Keaton returning as The Vulture, this film will have a splendid choice of villains. Keaton was one of the best villains of the whole MCU, he is great when he gives an unhinged performance (you could feel the impeding menace whenever he was in the same scene as Tom Holland's Peter Parker).
    I thought he squared things up with Peter?
    I thought he squared things up with Peter?

I only saw the film once and I don't remember the ending. :)) I guess a rewatch is in order before the sequel next summer! ;) But now that you mention it, I'm sure Marvel would try to avoid the overload of villains like in the 3rd film with Tobey McGuire.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    @bondjames And with Michael Keaton returning as The Vulture, this film will have a splendid choice of villains. Keaton was one of the best villains of the whole MCU, he is great when he gives an unhinged performance (you could feel the impeding menace whenever he was in the same scene as Tom Holland's Peter Parker).

Easily the best MCU villain. Absolute scene stealer
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah, I'm hyped all right. :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yyyeeeeeaaaahh!
    Looking good. It's an interesting trailer. Very different in approach to what they did for IW. Setting the stage, as it were. I imagine Trailer #2 is where we're going to see all the mayhem.

I think they took this approach so as not to overshadow Captain Marvel and Spidey 2 for the time being.
    --
    I forgot he was in the sequel too. That's definitely great news @DaltonCraig007. A superhero film is only as good as its villain (s) and they've certainly got two of the best actors lined up for this one.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not going to watch the trailer, they already have my money, I want to go into Avengers 4 knowing or rather seeing as little as possible.
    How did
    Scott Lang
    got out of the mess he was at the end of
    his
    last movie ? And isn't that
    Ronin
    ? So many questions.

Speaking of Marvel, I have my ticket to see Hugh Jackman in concert in Paris in may. Yeeepeeee !
    I want a Captain Britain film !!!!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Gerard wrote: »
    How did
    Scott Lang
    his
    last movie ? And isn't that
    Ronin
    ? So many questions.

Speaking of Marvel, I have my ticket to see Hugh Jackman in concert in Paris in may. Yeeepeeee !

For the final spoiler, yes.
    Gerard wrote: »
    How did
    Scott Lang
    his
    last movie ?
    I can already see
    Michael Pena
    Standing in front of Cap and BW, recapitulating how it all went down man :-)).

That I want to see ! Worth the ticket price alone !
  • This is what a trailer should be! They don't give any of the major set pieces away, but let the audience know what the general tone will be of this movie. I was tossing up whether I wanted to watch this trailer, but I am glad that I did but don't want anymore until I go see the movie.

Also note they moved the release date up to April.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    This is what a trailer should be! They don't give any of the major set pieces away, but let the audience know what the general tone will be of this movie.

Yes, and they did it with a fairly long teaser. Kudos to them.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    This is what a trailer should be! They don't give any of the major set pieces away, but let the audience know what the general tone will be of this movie. I was tossing up whether I wanted to watch this trailer, but I am glad that I did but don't want anymore until I go see the movie.

Also note they moved the release date up to April.

So the trailer is just re establishing the status quo? I may watch it.
    I'll be seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tomorrow afternoon at an advance showing!
  • I'll be seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tomorrow afternoon at an advance showing!

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse looks promising but it's not a part of Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    Librarian wrote: »
    I'll be seeing Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse tomorrow afternoon at an advance showing!

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse looks promising but it's not a part of Marvel Cinematic Universe.

:O Thanks for telling me this, without your words of knowledge I would never have known!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hahaha
    @doubleoego @bondjames @ClarkDevlin @DarthDimi

First official look at Spider-Man: Far From Home

bw6rhvkzw3321.jpg
    Very interesting!