Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Not the biggest fan of Mark Kermode, but his review of Venom is Kind of funny:

Venom did extremely well so looks like a sequel is likely
    Has anyone here seen Venom? I thought it was a massive missed opportunity but a surprisingly entertaining car crash of a movie.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sony confirms the Morbius-centric film will begin production in February 2019, with Jared Leto in the lead role.

http://collider.com/morbius-movie-filming-details/
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Sony are eyeing Antoine Fuqua to direct a Kraven The Hunter film.

https://superbromovies.com/2018/10/10/sony-eyeing-antoine-fuqua-to-direct-kraven-the-hunter-movie/
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is every super villain getting their own movie now?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Of course. They're misunderstood. We need to understand them better, you know?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

After the notable success of venom critically why wouldn’t they ;)
    edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690

If so, I wonder who will play @Thunderfinger...

tumblr_lxtizltzaF1qcyr38o1_500.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited October 2018 Posts: 45,489
    I have never pissed blood, but I have coughed blood when I was still smoking. Cage can still play me.
    Haha, I'm sorry but I couldn't find a version of this gif without any text.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    It’s Official: Ryan Coogler Will Write and Direct Black Panther 2!

Black Panther was one of Marvel Studios’ biggest hits in terms of critical reception, financial success, and cultural relevance. We always knew a sequel was going to happen, but we weren’t sure if writer and director Ryan Coogler was going to come back…until today, that is.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Coogler has at long last (albeit “quietly”) inked a deal with Marvel to return to the franchise for Black Panther 2. The director will begin writing the next Black Panther installment next year and production will ideally start “in either late 2019 or early 2020.” As THR notes, Marvel has yet to make any official announcements regarding their slate of films beyond next year’s Captain Marvel, Avengers 4, and Spider-Man: Far From Home.

edited October 2018 Posts: 15,690
    Spider-Man: Far From Home has finished filming and is now in post-production, ahead of its July 5, 2019 release date.
    This is why Captain America is such a badass and is firmly seated in the aisles of legend....on another note the DCEU really effed up with superman.

I could watch that for hours !
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3 delayed from 2020 to 2021.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Spider-Man: Far From Home has finished filming and is now in post-production, ahead of its July 5, 2019 release date.

That was quick. It feels like I just watched homecoming yesterday
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    doubleoego wrote: »
    This is why Captain America is such a badass and is firmly seated in the aisles of legend....on another note the DCEU really effed up with superman.

The Winter Soldier scenes in particular make me want to watch that film again. That whole ship encounter at the start playing to Henry Jackman's incredible Lemurian Star is one of the best stealth break in and fight scenes I've seen in the last decade.

I read that Dave Bautista is 'defecting' to DC,is that right ?
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    barryt007 wrote: »

Dave was on Smackdown 1000 show on Tuesday he may be having a last run in WWE. Though I would not be surprised if Gunn gave him a role in SS2, some have suggested Dave would make a good Bane.

Dave was on Smackdown 1000 show on Tuesday he may be having a last run in WWE. Though I would not be surprised if Gunn gave him a role in SS2, some have suggested Dave would make a good Bane.

He would indeed !
    I know that Guardians has made a lot of money etc but I have never bought any of the 2 films on DVD etc ,and Dave's character can only go so far.

Cant say I blame him if he left Marvel for DC if a better role is waiting for him there.

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

He would indeed !
    I know that Guardians has made a lot of money etc but I have never bought any of the 2 films on DVD etc ,and Dave's character can only go so far.

Cant say I blame him if he left Marvel for DC if a better role is waiting for him there.

It appears he is backing his mate, Dave spoke out when Gunn was sacked, Guardians... are decent films though without Gunn the films will lose some of its identity.

He would indeed !

It appears he is backing his mate, Dave spoke out when Gunn was sacked, Guardians... are decent films though without Gunn the films will lose some of its identity.

I don't mind watching them,they are just not want I want to add to my DVD collection,same with Black Panther..very good but not quite there.

They need to be careful sacking Gunn,no wonder the production of Guardians 3 has been pushed back.

He would indeed !

I don't mind watching them,they are just not want I want to add to my DVD collection,same with Black Panther..very good but not quite there.

They need to be careful sacking Gunn,no wonder the production of Guardians 3 has been pushed back.

My interest in MCU films was waning though Infinity War was excellent.

Gutted that it has been delayed, really like the GOTG movies.

He would indeed !

Infinity War grew on me after about 3 watches.
    The first time I watched I was just being bounced from scene to scene !

He would indeed !

Josh Brolin added alot of gravitas I thought.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Finished IRON FIST season two.

Big improvement on the first. It's still got a few faults but I think it was undeservedly canned. Alice Eve was a great addition. Jessica Hennwick became more awesome with each episode. Even Finn Jones was more likable this time round.

Iron-Fist_Jessica-Hennwick.jpg

He would indeed !

Josh Brolin added alot of gravitas I thought.

He did...he seems to be playing villains these days.
    I love how the new costume is an homage to the original Amazing fantasy #15 Steve Ditko design with the deep dark blue/black colouring.